Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

dilfslayer

Rip to all SMd prototypes

dilfslayer

It seams like all the really inventive/unique smart doll products are always scrapped I bet this has to do with market and such but come onnnn ☹️ I get so sad looking at all the cool prototypes or discontinued products 

• Like 1

Mainframe110

Honestly with how fickle the general availability of things is, I'm surprised that the interstellar blue was available for as long as it was. I remember when Danny was teasing it I thought that we would never see it again & that after a couple months, only a lucky handful of people would be able to own one. 

• Like 1

Oculae

I can almost guarantee it's cause it sold like hotcakes. The first few months of it being available, I never once saw a blue girl on the site - even after a drop, they were gone within minutes. And I've heard stories about how long Iris, the US dealer's, waitlist got for the stock she had. Fantasy colors are still extremely niche in the vinyl world, so none of this surprises me, but I bet it came as a very pleasant surprise to Danny. 😆

I'll admit, seeing some of the garage girls hurts my heart, but I do feel better knowing that almost all of them share a sculpt with a girl that IS in production. A lot of Smarties are just the same 4 or 5 sculpts with a different faceup, so if I really loved the look of a prototype girl, all it would take is a sufficiently talented artist to recreate her! For cheaper, most likely, too. Those girls go for a lot.

I do wish the stuff I was interested in would stick around for longer - intentional or not, this drop-based shop model is a hotspot for FOMO, with every new release making me wonder how soon before it vanishes rather than inspiring excitement. I'm excited for upcoming grey girls, but there's always that fear that the initial chaos runs (because there always seems to be one) don't sell as well as expected and they vanish before I ever get a chance. Hoping that's just paranoia. 😅

• Like 6

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

meef

Man, this is so true. I still mope about the centaur that just ended up in the garage. :(

• Like 1

dilfslayer
On 2/16/2023 at 9:36 PM, meef said:

Man, this is so true. I still mope about the centaur that just ended up in the garage. :(

that’s literally one of the dolls i was thinking about when i wrote this : ( my dreams of having a big vinyl twilight sparkle doll shattered 😕 

• Sad 1

TVXD

That’s one of the reason I got fed up with Smd today there is not a lot of a availability like it used to and a lot of dolls he teases never come up for sale. Or only as “Ooak” for a lot lot more in the garage

• Like 1

Sebby
On 2/17/2023 at 3:36 AM, meef said:

Trust me, that thing was a huge mess and not worth the price it went for. It was mostly just a broken toy horse, couldn't pose at all and had already cracks. It was put together with putty. The idea was cool though. I am still looking into buying an SD resin centaur body and modifying it.

• Like 1

PolitelyNefarious

In reading through this, it is important to remember that Interstellar Blue was accompanied by lots of Chaos drops which I, for one, appreciate, because it made getting ahold of things much easier when the SMD veterans were too fast on initial drop. Save for blue Eiji, I was able to track down everything else I wanted for (mostly) reasonable prices after the fact, and built my own blue girl/guy who shares several heads. It funded the purchase of future Smart Dolls from those owners and helped them clean out unneeded parts, while giving me access to exactly what I was after. A win-win for everybody.

Personally I am hoping that grey goes the same route, and there is enough Chaos to allow for that. Although I would also be happy if there were enough grey Eijis released over time for all of us to actually get one.  If nothing else, I am sure there will be Pebbles and lots of heads, hopefully all of the different bust sizes including XL and XS too. All I've been seeing for grey in the Instagram tags and selling / enthusiast groups is positivity; theoretically the hype is there. 

• Like 2

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg