Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Xiongmao

My Growing Dollfie Family

Xiongmao

First test of new green screen from Amazon. I wasn't expecting much given how creased the material is but honestly I think Frieren looks amazing [this is just a movie still]. Her right earring hasn't quite worked but it's just amazing the AI chromakeying has done so well considering it's supposed to only work on humans.

Once we get the lighting to match the background we're so shooting a new version of Lord of the Rings.

spacer.png

• Like 7

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Xiongmao

So Towa has decided that a 31st December big get together should become an annual thing. I thought they were 25 in number, but there's actually 26 of them. Maybe Towa didn't count herself 😂.

Starting from back left: Kaito, Kazuha, Kirika, Miku, Ciel, Kizuna AI, Towa, Uzuki Shimamura, Shin Sato, Frieren, Yor Forger, Evil Rin, Rin, Len. Middle row: Reimu, Marisa, Yayoi, Iori, Misaki, Hana, Rena, Momo. Front row: Asuna, Rena, Mytyl, Erica.

If Yoru looks a bit spaced out it's because she just returned from the doll hospital (severe head stains). Kaito still describes themselve as a "they" but hello... super kawaii teeny hat!

I handed them a few awards:

• Unexpected accension into minor-grailhood: Shin Sato 😇.
  • Worst stain incident of the year: Yor Forger.
  • Wifu award: Shin Sato. Aside from Towa of course, Shin Sato has made the most evening trips into the living room to watch the TV. Runner up: Ciel.
  • Most annoying outfit: Reimu Hakurei (that gigantic hairbow that won't stay in). Runner up: Kagamine Len and that shorts fly that won't stay closed.
  • Best impulse buy: Hana (Dream Choice DD-H-24 mochi-ashi in semi-white). Like Misaki, Hana appeared in a FB Group and I instantly fell in love with her. I also got her for a pretty decent price considering she also came with a Volks outfit (not the one she's wearing right now), wig, 2 sets of elf ears and nearly as many sets of hands as the old Pureneemos used to come with.
  • Biggest surprise of the year: I hadn't heard of Frieren when Volks unveiled her. But it's now one of my favourite TV shows of all time. Grailhood beckons for this very unique DD.

spacer.png

• Like 7

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Cazzie_Bliss

Your family is glorious! So many cuties on display!!! Hope you have a Happy New Year! <3 

Edited by Cazzie_Bliss
  • Like 2

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

catcat

all of your dolls are so beautiful! i’m so jealous of your collection 

• Like 1

Xiongmao

No new DD dolls (so far) this year but Ciel and Shin Sato have a pair of new outfits.

Although Frieren fever is currently sweeping our house, last year Lycoris Recoil really impressed us. It was a bit of a strange mishmash of slice of life meets John Wick, but ultimately the anime will undoubtedly be remembered for the large number of scenes that are now iconic memes.

I wanted these outfits as soon as I saw them. I did think Volks themselves might release Takina and Chisato this year, but lately they seem to have become obsessed with elves.

I plan on ordering a couple of wigs to make my girls' cosplays look even more authentic. If I attend an anime convention irl then I'll take one or both of this pair because it's almost a certainty there will also be human sized Takinas and Chisatos at the event.

spacer.png

• Like 5

Xiongmao

Shin Sato with Menma. I just realised that if I found the silver version of Shin's wig then we'd have the beginnings of a pretty good DD sized Menma.

spacer.png

• Like 7

Xiongmao

Towa's having a rest and this pair are now in charge. There have been some major changes this week. Their first order of business has been to acquire a storage unit. Now we will never run out of room for doll cardboard boxes.

I was worried Kizuna's outfit and wig were staining her so I redressed her. I turned out neither outfit nor wig caused any stains.

She's now in this neko maid outfit we bought a while ago from YJA. I don't know which boutique it's from. It's kind of MDD style but it fits regular DD.

Unfortunately they have crinkly bodysuit neck now but I really want everybody in bodysuits from now on.

Alice is of course Towa's non-identical twin sister Yor Forger. The wig was in the random selection of wigs we bought on YJA last year. The whole lot cost very little considering how many wigs it contained. I didn't think blonde Yoru would work but I think it really suits her.

I don't know what wig this is. The twin tails are detachable. At first I thought it might be a rare Saber wig or something but it was one of the better ones in the lot.

Kizuna's grey wig was a random YJA purchase a while back. I didn't know it at the time but this is an absolutely perfect wig for a cosplay of Lawine from Frieren.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Xiongmao

Here in our doll household we've given up dreaming of snow, so the Snow Miku outfit's gone back into storage for another year.

Towa is now Sakura Towa and is eagerly waiting Hanami. This Volks pink Chinoiserie outfit was the second outfit I ever bought for Towa back in the dark days of 2020. I don't think she's ever let anybody else wear it.

Towa's wig is by Ronshuka Couture and it came with the ribbons attached to it.

spacer.png

I've wanted to take the next photo for a little while. How good is Frieren the anime? Good but maybe not as good as my new Sony ZV-E10 lol. I can also see Kirika wanting to do a bit of Frieren cosplay. We have some others planned too as we already have Lawine's wig.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Xiongmao

If Miku can appear in an anime then why not Rin and Len?

They're both up for appearing in season 2 of Lycoris Recoil, should it get the green light.

Doesn't Len make the cutest Chisato?

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Xiongmao

Staying with the anime theme, Hana's purple wig from Luckywig (Etsy) arrived. It's a near identical clone of her gotcha wig, but this one's just perfect for cosplaying as baby Fern.

I'll see if I can find her outfit sometime. It's kind of fairly generic so something should turn up.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Xiongmao

Back where it all started... this was one of the first outfits I bought for Towa way back early 2021. I think this is my favourite style of DD outfit.

We've been through so much but she still looks fantastic 🥰.

spacer.png

• Like 6

Xiongmao

I took Ciel out for a quick photosession. I just wanted something to remember her by once we find her another outfit and a much better wig.

Ironically I acquired Ciel as I really liked her outfit. However irl it's a bit meh.

The highlight is her cross necklace which is very well made and definitely our best item of DD jewelery.

I think this is our worst Volks wig ever. They should seriously find a better supplier.

Despite all this Ciel is one of my real favourites. I absolutely adore her even though Arcueid usually steals all the limelight when it comes to DD from this franchise.

spacer.png

• Like 4

SonataAvalon
30 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

Despite all this Ciel is one of my real favourites. I absolutely adore her even though Arcueid usually steals all the limelight when it comes to DD from this franchise.

Just like in the visual novel ngl 

I almost never knew Arcueid existed.

• Like 1

Stupid_Hoomun

I love your Towa. I'm a sucker for red eyed girls with a pale complexion. Hope she gets restocked or appears on the used market so I can get her.

Great shot of Ciel in the tree. I would like to get outside but the weather here is either sunny but just above freezing or rain and sleet.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

I finally dressed Asuna Titania up.

Now I've finally realised pre-DDf3 DD have chubbier feet. That explains why the Sweets Paradise shoes didn't fit Kirika too well.

The fastening of Titania's hairpiece was broken but I repaired it. I think it was just a defective one as I think Asuna was unused when I bought her.

I might leave her in the outfit for a while as it saves a bodysuit.

I kind of feel sorry for her. She got groped so much by the bad guy when she was Titania, and then she hardly featured in S3 & S4.

Of all my DD she has the most intense eyes. But she's not quite as unsettling as Ciel appears late at night.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Xiongmao

Hana appears to have found our Stille.

I feel bad my amazing new camera picks up on every single strand of out of place hair.

I am just thankful that Volks didn't produce a Sense doll. Now she would have truly unmanageable hair 😬.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Xiongmao

I feel this photo really belongs in the smart doll forum, but of course Ciel is a DD.

It turns out not only is Ciel a trained assassin, but she's really good at C++ too. So now we have this incredible little device that will allow us to keep track of all the dolls' social media updates. This truly is a very underrated DD.

For nerds: this is a Waveshare e-Paper display identical to those used on Kindle eBook readers. They maintain the screen contents even when the power is removed.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Xiongmao

I can't remember what made me buy Erica Fontaine, but she's definitely grown into one of my favourites. Her wig is epic.

Also I love her more retro faceup... a DD from a simpler age.

I'm also loving my new Sony ZV-E10. This picture was taken in auto mode and I didn't feel I needed to make any enhancements in post production. This is straight out of the camera.

Uh, we would have taken more photos but Erica decided she no longer wanted to sit in a tree 🙄.

spacer.png

• Like 7