Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Halcyon

Can Dust Cause Stain?

Halcyon

I'm not sure where I should post this question, but here it goes:

After taking some photos of Euphie earlier today, I noticed a very small black dot on Euphie's left upper-cheek. I don't know how that "stain" got on her beautiful face, because I'm always extra careful not to touch Euphie's face (even when I'm brushing her hair or adjusting her head to a different angle), and I tried getting that black "thing" (if it isn't a stain) off with a toothpick. And, Euphie's hair is light/baby pink, so I don't think her hair caused the stain either. So, the question here is: Can dust cause stain?

Note: I think the room that I work in has a lot of dusts.

Here are some photos of Euphie (after I tended to Euphie's stain):

[ The small white stuff on Euphie's cheek is Remove Zit. There's also a smaller stain (I think it's a stain). It's extremely small, but I can see it. Thus, I also applied a small amount of Remove Zit on it too. ]

5513681414_b9d5f85627_z.jpg

5513085513_50f3824934_z.jpg

[ And, here's a "bokeh" photo of Euphie. ]

5513681764_ffef6466a3_z.jpg

Having a stain on a DD's face is NEVER a thing a doll owner would want. I just hope that that tiny black dot isn't a stain. Even if it's not a stain, I'm just want to be extra careful, so I applied Remove Zit on it.

Any comment and question would be nice.

-Halcyon

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

mitsuki

I think certain kinds of dust can stain. I have seen what I think is dust leave a tiny spot on a DD hand before. I know at least one parent who stores her girls in a large custom plexiglass case. I hope the treatment removes the spot.

baldylox

I have never had any dust stain my girls but I do wipe them down every few days anyway to make sure. What I *did* notice on a few occasions tho was something black and very small on their hands and clothes. When I went to blow it off, it kind of floated away but the larger "flakes" stayed put. So I tried to wipe one away with my hand and it smeared! I freaked out and went and grabbed a Mr. Clean Eraser. That got rid of it immediately tho so I was fine.

After finding more of these "flakes" around, I finally discovered where they were coming from..... the A/C vent in my bedroom is right above where I have my girls at and I moved them to check inside the vent. Sure enuff, the inside of the vent was caked up with years of dirt and grime and it was slowly falling out onto the dresser area where the girls hang out. I cleaned it all out and so far I have not seen anymore of it around.

So check your proximity to A/C vents, this may be the cause of it. If not, I still don't think random household dust will cause stains.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

mitsuki

Here is a post from figure.fm about potential sources of stain-causing dust:

"Sometimes, we may place a dollfie near plants and flowers and leave them there for a long time.

Depending on the type of plant or whatever object it is, it may release very tiny coloured particles. You probably won’t be able to see at first glance, but things tend to acbleepulate over time. Be cautious of where you place your dollfies long-term."

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/17536/Ever+stained+your+Dollfie+unconsciously.html

Halcyon
I think certain kinds of dust can stain. I have seen what I think is dust leave a tiny spot on a DD hand before. I know at least one parent who stores her girls in a large custom plexiglass case. I hope the treatment removes the spot.

Thanks for commenting, Mitsuki! I love that notion of a large custom plexiglass! But, personally, I wouldn't want to put Euphie inside one.

I have never had any dust stain my girls but I do wipe them down every few days anyway to make sure. What I *did* notice on a few occasions tho was something black and very small on their hands and clothes. When I went to blow it off, it kind of floated away but the larger "flakes" stayed put. So I tried to wipe one away with my hand and it smeared! I freaked out and went and grabbed a Mr. Clean Eraser. That got rid of it immediately tho so I was fine.

After finding more of these "flakes" around, I finally discovered where they were coming from..... the A/C vent in my bedroom is right above where I have my girls at and I moved them to check inside the vent. Sure enuff, the inside of the vent was caked up with years of dirt and grime and it was slowly falling out onto the dresser area where the girls hang out. I cleaned it all out and so far I have not seen anymore of it around.

So check your proximity to A/C vents, this may be the cause of it. If not, I still don't think random household dust will cause stains.

Wow, thanks!! That's a lot of information that you just gave me. I've noticed some black dust particles on Euphie's hand before too - luckily I blew them away. Next time, I will try a Mr. Clean Eraser first before applying Remove Zit.

Halcyon
Here is a post from figure.fm about potential sources of stain-causing dust:

"Sometimes, we may place a dollfie near plants and flowers and leave them there for a long time.

Depending on the type of plant or whatever object it is, it may release very tiny coloured particles. You probably won’t be able to see at first glance, but things tend to acbleepulate over time. Be cautious of where you place your dollfies long-term."

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/17536/Ever+stained+your+Dollfie+unconsciously.html

Oh, that post! It's a very interesting post; made me aware of other sources of stain.

One of my roommates received flowers for his birthday, and he kept the vase of flowers (on top of a glass-surface round table near my place). After 30 seconds, I moved that round table away from Euphie

Nakitaninja

Yeah, that post about plants & dust is very helpful. I didn't think about flowers causing issues but pollen does stain horribly. Sounds like Euphie accidentally got into something else... T_T

Despite dear Euphie's condition I have to say I've not seen lovelier pictures of her. She looks great. ^^ I hope you'll update us on what happens but usually I'd carefully take a magic eraser to my dolls. The zit cream is good on body stains but face-ups can be different- especially if they are sealed with something to maintain your face-up. I'd be really leery of adding more chemicals to a surface that has been chemically treated already... that said, I have no idea what kind of facial Euphie has had in the past and I don't know what, if any, complications may occur??? Just something to think about in the future.

Keep us updated and I will keep my fingers crossed for you. She's still quite gorgeous, you know. She's so striking you may not even notice the dots in the future. *^^*

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

Halcyon
Yeah, that post about plants & dust is very helpful. I didn't think about flowers causing issues but pollen does stain horribly. Sounds like Euphie accidentally got into something else... T_T

Despite dear Euphie's condition I have to say I've not seen lovelier pictures of her. She looks great. ^^ I hope you'll update us on what happens but usually I'd carefully take a magic eraser to my dolls. The zit cream is good on body stains but face-ups can be different- especially if they are sealed with something to maintain your face-up. I'd be really leery of adding more chemicals to a surface that has been chemically treated already... that said, I have no idea what kind of facial Euphie has had in the past and I don't know what, if any, complications may occur??? Just something to think about in the future.

Keep us updated and I will keep my fingers crossed for you. She's still quite gorgeous, you know. She's so striking you may not even notice the dots in the future. *^^*

Thank you very much for the concern!! Well, it's unfortunate, but I will have to say that Euphie's faceup went a little haywire (meaning that the faceup is in a mess). After taking the zit cream out, the skin (without makeup) was revealed. I just hope that when I took out the zit cream I didn't take out any of the vinyl from the treated spot (fingers crossed!!). I'm in the process of talking to the secretcross team, the team that did Euphie's faceup, about redoing Euphie's faceup. And, if it turned out that I took out some of the vinyl from the treated spot when I took out the zit cream, then I would have the secretcross team redo Euphie's entire head. It might cost me a little more money, but hey, Euphie is everything to me now (bad daddy messed up Euphie's faceup ). I will update you guys in a few days.

- Update 1 -

Luckily it was only the faceup coating that was removed by the lit cream and not the vinyl (stain was removed). Thank God!

I will have to buy a brush soon, so I can brush the dust off Euphie's face. And, I will be cleaning the living, so there aren't so much dusts around here in my work place.

I can breath a little sign of relieve now, but Euphie's face still need a makeover. I'll keep in contact.

Regards,

Gue H. (Halcyon)

Nakitaninja

Well, that is good and bad news? I'm just sad you're going to have to have the face-up redone. T___T

Yeah, as you mentioned earlier the vinyl is commonly treated with zit cream or something else so I wouldn't expect it to dissolve your doll herself but it's a shame her face got wonked by it. Either way I suspect that you'd have to have it redone so that you could get rid of the mark. (because you sound like me and that's totally what I would do)

I got an ink stain on my girl from the pen flicking a teeny tiny amount of ink. I've also had a sewing tape measure transfer ink too dollfies are so fragile sometimes. ^^;;;;;;;;;

Let us know how it goes and I hope she's all back to her normal self soon. She's so lovely.

Halcyon
Well, that is good and bad news? I'm just sad you're going to have to have the face-up redone. T___T

Yeah, as you mentioned earlier the vinyl is commonly treated with zit cream or something else so I wouldn't expect it to dissolve your doll herself but it's a shame her face got wonked by it. Either way I suspect that you'd have to have it redone so that you could get rid of the mark. (because you sound like me and that's totally what I would do)

I got an ink stain on my girl from the pen flicking a teeny tiny amount of ink. I've also had a sewing tape measure transfer ink too dollfies are so fragile sometimes. ^^;;;;;;;;;

Let us know how it goes and I hope she's all back to her normal self soon. She's so lovely.

I totally agree with you that Dollfies are so fragile (at times)! I went the extra miles to care for Euphie, and she still got stained! Now I'm going to have to be very chary about the place that I put her in (i.e. if the place isn't clean, then she's not going to be placed there). I may even have to build a plexiglass "house" for her (props to you, Mitsuki), .

So, Euphie is OK and the stain is gone? That's great!

Yes, Euphie is okay, . Thanks for the concern! Now she just needs a makeover. Fortunately, the stain was removed.

I had a conversation with secretcross through email earlier today, and he's willing to redo Euphie's faceup/make-up. We both have negotiated a price, so I will be sending Euphie off to his team in a day or so, .

-Halcyon

Nakitaninja
I am glad Euphie can recover. I hope you get her back as soon as possible.

Yes, doll staining is totally traumatic especially when it is on the face. Like our own geishas, eh? That's a little dark comparison-wise but if your girl is going to have any damage the face is the last place you'd want it. Everything else on Dollfie Dreams are replaceable except their lovely faces. T_T

Many wishes for her fast return. She's an absolutely gorgeous girl~