Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

PolitelyNefarious

Stain Maitenance on Interstellar Blue?

PolitelyNefarious

Second verse same as the first- sorry to post such a similar topic.

Despite using a wigcap with a white wig-fleshtone cap combo, I still managed to stain my G02's forehead. It's not terrible and it's an area that would be covered, but I still feel dumb- he's not even painted yet. I know the typical procedure is to use acne cream and leave them out in the sun until the stains fade, but I've heard horror stories of older vinyl toys continuing to bleach over time, particularly fantasy-coloured ones. So just to be sure: is acne cream safe on Interstellar Blue? Is there some other method I could use? I tried buffing it out with magic eraser, but it's in there solid.

Thank you.

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

RetroKanojo

I don't know about stains on Interstellar Blue, but perhaps you could try to put a little acne cream on a part of the body that's easily hidden - like the sole of the feet and see how that goes?

• Like 2

PolitelyNefarious
10 hours ago, RetroKanojo said:

I don't know about stains on Interstellar Blue, but perhaps you could try to put a little acne cream on a part of the body that's easily hidden - like the sole of the feet and see how that goes?

That's a sound idea! You reminded me that I still have the Chaos ring left over from cutting his head- I can test it on that. Thank you!

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

meef

@PolitelyNefarious How did it go? I have an interstellar blue as well. I haven’t taken her wig off since I got her and I’m kind of afraid to look. >.<

PolitelyNefarious

@meef  Sadly, I have yet to get my hands on Removezit- after seeing someone who accidentally bleached their tan Dollfie's bum with Oxy, I've decided to play it safe moving forward. The stain has not faded out of my doll's forehead yet, but it does seem a little lighter than it was.

The good thing about wig stains is that if they are in the wig area, they're easily hidden. Smart Doll is also known for making nice wigs, if you received her with an official one. Doesn't hurt to pull it off and check.

Lynn

Thanks for the warning. Same thing with my Blue Moments long default wig. 😑

Tierparkzone
20 hours ago, meef said:

It’s so expensive though for such a tiny jar:

You usually won't need much for a treatment session. Even with currently ten dolls, a jar easily lasts me two years. - And after that time, the potency of the active ingredients will have degraded so much, that it's better to get a fresh one anyway.

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
39 minutes ago, meef said:

@Tierparkzone Good thought. How long do you usually leave it on a stain? Has it worked well for you?

I don’t have any SmDs so I can’t speak to that, but I’ve stain treated my DDs with Dream Rescue several times, and what I do is put a thick clump on the stain, cover it in cling wrap, and leave it for 3 days, after which I wipe it off and rinse and repeat if the stain hasn’t gone away. I usually need one or two repeat sessions, but I’ve heard heating it up makes it go faster.

Tierparkzone
1 hour ago, meef said:

@Tierparkzone Good thought. How long do you usually leave it on a stain?

I've used it successfully on my DDs (semi-white, flesh, tan) and SmDs (milk, tea). Interstellar blue will probably behave very similarly.

I use a cotton swab to put a dab of creme on the stain (so the stain is completely covered) and leave it on for about 48h (that's the recommended time from Volks). I do not use cling wrap or otherwise cover the treated part.

After the 48h, I remove the creme, wipe off any residue with a soft tissue, clean the spot with a wet cotton swab and finally dry it off with another soft tissue. Then I let the part sit for another two days, so any creme residue can evaporate from the vinyl pores. (If some of the stain remained immediately after treatment, it may fade further during that time.)

If the stain is still significant after that, I repeat the procedure.

For the more rigid SmD vinyl parts (everything except bust and hands), I have occasionally witnessed that the treated spot has a slightly rough texture drectly after treatment (likely the vinyl swelling from the ingress of the creme). Do not worry, this should fade as well over the two day rest period. I also do not see it for every treatment - so it's likely influenced by other environmental factors as well.

1 hour ago, meef said:

Has it worked well for you?

The stains I had, were all fairly localized. I was able to get all of them out in one or two sessions. (Sometimes a very faint stain remained - and I left it to fade over time). Most cases that required two sessions were with creme that was manufactured more than one year before.

• Like 2