Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

0bsequi0us

Real Doomsday Blind Box Vinyl Heads

0bsequi0us

Hello! Another interesting taobao find recently arrived, and I thought some people here might be interested!

These blind boxes were sold a few months ago, and I picked up 4 of them hoping to get at least one of each. There are only 2 heads to get (so I'm not really sure why they were blind boxes besides just to get people to buy more...) and I luckily got 2 of each!

spacer.png

spacer.png

They're made to be compatible with MDD bodies, and were offered in a vinyl color that's supposed to match semi-white. They're a harder vinyl than my MDD head, but can still be squished with a little effort. They're most similar to my Tinyfox or Obitsu heads, and their headcap just pops off without having to squeeze them.

spacer.png

Personally I find them really cute, but they do have a sorta weird profile. Their nose is almost nonexistent, so their faces look... super, super flat. Some of them also have a few tiny black dots in some places, though they're hardly visible except super close up. I'm willing to overlook that because they were super cheap (29rmb each, or about $5 before international shipping), but I think it's worth noting. 😂

spacer.png

I already did a faceup on one of the open-eye ones, but I don't have a semi-white MDD body yet so it's just chilling on a matching resin body for now. The eye shape lends itself really well to this cute chibi look! I think these are great custom candidates, I'm excited to try modding one of them to have an open mouth in the future! Honestly I wish I'd bought more.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

DreamsicleDollAqua

wow i really like these. Never knew of this one. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Kazthenoodle

Omg I've never heard of these before, they're amazing!! I love the styling and the outfit 🥰

• Like 1

Yaino

Oh they’re so adorable, I hope you’ll share your process of modding in the future! Also considering the price ($5!) that’s a great find! 

Beansproutmomo

These heads are pretty dang cute! Congrats on getting both styles!

Love the faceup you did on the open eyed one. 
Could be fun to do a cyclops mod on the more solid face, if that's possible. 😲

luckyk

Those are super adorable! I have got to start checking BJD Bhiner more.

Strawberry_Dreamland

I LOVE how you did that faceup! You really brought her to life. $5 is an amazing deal, grats!

Starwaia

They look really cute!! I love the one you customized, and I can definitely see potential for unique cut eyeshapes if people are willing to bring out the xacto knife. I normally wouldn't be confident enough to try that myself, but for $5?? I'd be tempted. (international shipping would probably be what gets me tho)

Thanks for sharing this! If they're ever available again, I might look into grabbing one (or two) to learn customization on, since I'm too nervous to mess with my original vinyl practice head right now- too attached to the way she is.

• Like 1

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 4 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!