Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
DreamsicleDollAqua

Some MDD questions

DreamsicleDollAqua

Alright I'm getting my first ever dollfie and im super nervous about ordering the wrong thing when I make my Dream choice order so I wanted to ask, is it possible to take the intergrated asexual chest off? I know the two part torsos can be taken off and switched around. I got my Kakuso chest arriving. I was wondering if Intergrated asexual was the wrong choice. I had picked it because well I had dolls damaged in my previous moves and I wanted a spare chest piece just in case anything ever happened or in case maybe I decided to do another dollfie with the intergrated body. 
Sorry if this was long winded or a dumb question I'm very new.

Next question: do the tan dolls have different staining worries I should be aware of? (Also is a different stain treatment needed just so i know in advance!!)

Monty

I think you might have misunderstood the product (or I’m misunderstanding your post)- the asexual torso is all one piece so nothing can be taken off (except arms/legs/head). If you want to substitute a kakuso chest piece, you would just get a regular MDD.

Unless you also got the lower torso kakuso piece, but I think the frame would be a lot harder to remove from the one-piece torso personally.

edit: I haven’t heard of tan dolls having any difference in stain issues. I think someone said that the stain treatment lightened an area of the skin but this returned to normal in a few days. (the same thing seems to happen with flesh skin DDs too, it’s just less noticeable)

Edited by Monty

DreamsicleDollAqua
7 minutes ago, Monty said:

I think you might have misunderstood the product (or I’m misunderstanding your post)- the asexual torso is all one piece so nothing can be taken off (except arms/legs/head). If you want to substitute a kakuso chest piece, you would just get a regular MDD.

Unless you also got the lower torso kakuso piece, but I think the frame would be a lot harder to remove from the one-piece torso personally.

edit: I haven’t heard of tan dolls having any difference in stain issues. I think someone said that the stain treatment lightened an area of the skin but this returned to normal in a few days. (the same thing seems to happen with flesh skin DDs too, it’s just less noticeable)

Alright! I didn't realize that! I thought even the one piece could be swapped (idk why i convinced myself that). Good thing I asked! (I do have both upper and lower piece!) Also thank you for the stain info!

Monty

Technically it’s possible but like I said removing the frame from it would be trickier than from a regular MDD. (note that I have never removed/inserted a frame into a one piece torso before but I have heard from numerous people that it’s a huge pain lol) I personally think the asexual body is something you should get specifically because it’s the body you want, not because you plan to remove the piece that makes it the asexual body - *unless* of course you really wanted that piece for a future doll.
They cost the same so that part is of no consequence but in the end I just think a MDD body is the easier option for swapping parts, especially if you are new at it.

DreamsicleDollAqua

@Monty I ended up going with standard body. Thank you a lot for giving me advice! Another question which might be a bit newbie ish but what eye size do the Dollfie dream's use? I've heard 20-22 but i wasn't sure if that was correct

Monty

@DreamsicleDollAqua That depends on the head tbh, as some sizes look better than others. What head were you getting? Sometimes the volks website will tell you what size eyes the models are wearing.

Edited by Monty

DreamsicleDollAqua

@Monty I'm getting a DDH-10 saw a lot of cute customs using that one and it won my heart lol

Monty

@DreamsicleDollAqua Aw man I was thinking of this page https://www.volks.co.jp/blog_nest/osaka/2021/05/18/014835.html?_ga=2.196696107.661009038.1662251540-581784987.1660718124 it’s useful in that it shows you a lot of DDH10 examples, but I misremembered it’s as listing the actual eye sizes whereas it only tells you the styles. I want to say 22mm is good given that it’s the size I typically see custom eye sellers sell, who have modelled them in DDH10s before, but it’s probably best to ask the opinion of someone with a DDH10.
Or the proxy themselves, if they’ve done it enough they might know what size is most commonly ordered with 10.

Jezrah

I have a DDH-10 and she wears a pair of Volks 22mm eyes. One thing I would note is that frustratingly her eyes kept pushing back into her head over time leaving gaps, so I had to bevel the eyewells. Now that I beveled her the eyes stay in place. This may not have happened with a lower domed pair of eyes from another company as Volks eyes are fairly high domed. Alternatively I may have just gotten a weirdly trimmed head, as I haven't seen anyone else complaining about this.

• Thanks 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, Monty said:

it’s useful in that it shows you a lot of DDH10 examples, but I misremembered it’s as listing the actual eye sizes whereas it only tells you the styles.

It literally says “Dollfie Animetic Eyes I24mm Rurikon” in the last example and links to the listing so 24mm will also fit the DDH-10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DreamsicleDollAqua

Thank you so much everyone for all the help! I haven't got anymore question!

Monty
15 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

It literally says “Dollfie Animetic Eyes I24mm Rurikon” in the last example and links to the listing so 24mm will also fit the DDH-10.

Thanks for pointing that out.

This means it depends really how big you want the eye to look. The ones in the link I thought their eyes seemed rather big, but that’s a look that can work depending on preference (some think it looks odd when not much white is visible, others think it increases the ‘doe eye’ look, so it depends on preference. Since @DreamsicleDollAqua seems to be making a boy judging from the kakuso torso parts I would lean more to 22mm which would show more white but if you like the way the 24mms look in the link I posted before then that’s fine too. Of course, since the volks eyes are relatively inexpensive you could always ask for both sizes - you are allowed to order additional pairs of  eyes with Dream Choice orders for 1078 yen extra.