Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

CreationOdyssey

Dream Choice questions

CreationOdyssey

Okay so after going back and forth about it, I’ve decided not to risk dying a Dolfie head and body for my custom project. The only info I can find on the dream choice dolls is via jade pixels guide (extremely helpful), but as far as I can see you have to choose the faceups volks provides which will not work for my doll. My question is has anyone had trouble removing a factory faceup? Or is it something I would need to send in to a more professional faceup artist to remove? 

Also proxy suggestions if anyone has any would be greatly appreciated. 

Thespian

Volks faceups are generally pretty easy to remove with nail polish remover or Windsor and Newton brush cleaner. Smaller lip crevices can be a pain, but since you're painting over them, it's not generally worth worrying about. Just make sure you wash the head really well with soap and warm water so you don't get any shrinking/discoloration.

sophybabybear on Instagram gets recommended a lot as a Dream Choice proxy, but if anyone knows of any others, you're welcome to chime in here.

• Like 1

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

CreationOdyssey
On 9/5/2022 at 9:34 PM, fishbuttz said:

Volks faceups are generally pretty easy to remove with nail polish remover or Windsor and Newton brush cleaner. Smaller lip crevices can be a pain, but since you're painting over them, it's not generally worth worrying about. Just make sure you wash the head really well with soap and warm water so you don't get any shrinking/discoloration.

sophybabybear on Instagram gets recommended a lot as a Dream Choice proxy, but if anyone knows of any others, you're welcome to chime in here.

Thank you! Sorry for the late reply, I could have sworn I did last week 😅

Roserolls

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but on the subject of dream choice proxies and sophybabybear, does anyone happen to have a general estimate for the overall cost of a doll with makeup+eyes+wig and the shipping and proxy fees? I've seen some guides say to save at least $900 for it but it was unclear if that price also included clothing and add-ons and stuff, and didn't say which proxy they used (plus from what I understand, the body type also affects price).

Thespian
11 minutes ago, Roserolls said:

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but on the subject of dream choice proxies and sophybabybear, does anyone happen to have a general estimate for the overall cost of a doll with makeup+eyes+wig and the shipping and proxy fees? I've seen some guides say to save at least $900 for it but it was unclear if that price also included clothing and add-ons and stuff, and didn't say which proxy they used (plus from what I understand, the body type also affects price).

Sophie lists her fees under her order form here. You have to fill out the first page before you can view the second, but she lists the cost of a Dream Choice + her fees on the second page, which includes doll+makeup+eyes+wig and varies by body. She charges 10% fees on additional items that can be ordered online and 15% on those that have to be bought in-store. Shipping is calculated for you after the fact.

Many say to save at least $900 but the yen is very weak compared to the dollar/euro right now, so you could probably get away with the $6-$700 range including shipping.

• Like 1

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

Roserolls
42 minutes ago, fishbuttz said:

Sophie lists her fees under her order form here. You have to fill out the first page before you can view the second, but she lists the cost of a Dream Choice + her fees on the second page, which includes doll+makeup+eyes+wig and varies by body. She charges 10% fees on additional items that can be ordered online and 15% on those that have to be bought in-store. Shipping is calculated for you after the fact.

Many say to save at least $900 but the yen is very weak compared to the dollar/euro right now, so you could probably get away with the $6-$700 range including shipping.

Thank you so much for the info, it's super helpful!