Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

IgelFullmetal

Obitsu GGR (New Generation 1/3 Body)

IgelFullmetal

It seems like Obitsu is going to be updating their 1/3 line soon. They showcased the progress of their new body at Dollshow 67.

There aren't any great pictures of it that I can find, but from what I can see it looks like the elbows and knees have been updated, and the wrists and ankles can now swivel like the DDf3

image.png.b1f130217d253bd10bf7dada2dba1ef4.pngimage.png.bdff0c01b9de81c79ab4f4d68cf2ebe0.png

Taken from This video at about 15:19

• Thanks 1

Oculae

Oh, I remember seeing news about this body a few months ago! Wonder what the GGR means.

To clarify, this is an update for the 50cm body, and it looks like this update is trying to fix all of the very well known failure points: the shoulder sheaths are thicker, the hips and ankles seem to have a new system to reduce breakage, and there is indeed a new wrist peg system. They're also updating the vinyl shell supposedly!

This is NOT an update to their 60cm body. That is still, as far as I'm aware, super duper discontinued. They refer to the 50 as 1/3, which drives me nuts.

• Thanks 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

IgelFullmetal
3 hours ago, Oculae said:

Oh, I remember seeing news about this body a few months ago! Wonder what the GGR means.

To clarify, this is an update for the 50cm body, and it looks like this update is trying to fix all of the very well known failure points: the shoulder sheaths are thicker, the hips and ankles seem to have a new system to reduce breakage, and there is indeed a new wrist peg system. They're also updating the vinyl shell supposedly!

This is NOT an update to their 60cm body. That is still, as far as I'm aware, super duper discontinued. They refer to the 50 as 1/3, which drives me nuts.

The version shown at DS67 looks more finalized than the version shown here. also, if that's the vinyl shell they're going with it looks SO much better than the one they have now.

• Like 2

Astraea

Woah for a second I thought that was one of the 24cm obitsu bodies, the bust shape and proportions are really similar. I love the shape of the 24cm bodies so seeing them take the same direction with the 50 cm is really cool, it looks amazing

MaleficentMrsofEvil

I want. I want so much. Waiting impatiently for them to release this body and the new 27 cm female bodies!

monkeypizzasonic

Dang, I'm gonna have to update my bodies. And hopefully some of the new parts will be compatible with the old bodies so I can update my AP girl's wrist joints at least.

chantelle

I really love the more natural proportions, I'd love to get my hands on one of these someday!

chantelle

Found a post with more pictures!

Comparison with the existing Obi50 and AZO2 body. I really love that this newer body has a fuller waist. 

I’m super excited and I hope they will offer this body in more skin tones and bust sizes in the future!

• Like 7

Silent

I wish this body could hit 60cm (SD) size, too. Or did Obitsu absolutely resignated in SD-size market forever? (or is oto-hime market new field to make reasonable and easier dominance?)

• Like 1

Jezrah

I actually like the lower torso more than the AZ02. I like this as an option to make a short but mature girl. My niece is like that- she's mature but only 4'11". I do hope they still keep the existing 50cm body for taller youths though.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Oculae
1 hour ago, Silent said:

oto-hime

Otohime is a Parabox doll, not Obitsu. They're technically different companies entirely. I hope either of em decides to go back to 60cm one day!

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, Oculae said:

Otohime is a Parabox doll, not Obitsu. They're technically different companies entirely. I hope either of em decides to go back to 60cm one day!

Maybe I’m reading into this too much, but my understanding of the thought process behind that comment is that you don’t see 60cm dolls using the Obitsu body because Obitsu doesn’t make bodies in that size anymore. They seem to be the ones making the plastic for Parabox’s Otohime (80cm) and Anzu (110cm), and Obitsu itself has a 150cm body for sale, but they appear to have withdrawn from the market for 60cm dolls entirely.

Makes me wonder if they’re actually the ones making vinyl for Volks or Smart Doll, and part of the agreement was to discontinue offering that size to other companies…

Edited by ragnamuffin

chantelle
3 hours ago, Silent said:

I wish this body could hit 60cm (SD) size, too. Or did Obitsu absolutely resignated in SD-size market forever? (or is oto-hime market new field to make reasonable and easier dominance?)

It really would be nice if they had 60 cm options!

As a taller alternative, I would maybe consider the DDdy? Obviously the posing and joints are different, but I think the DDdy has pretty similar proportions to this, so it may be a viable option for those that want a taller but similar look. 

Semi related, but I know a lot of people consider the AZO2 to look like a shorter DDdy but (in my personal opinion) the waist is too thin for it to be a counterpart. The shape of the GGR waist matches more closely. AZO2 is still very cute for a short curvy girl but I think the impression is kind of different.

Edited by chantelle

hellFlower

I'm a big fan of how this body looks! I've been trying to make do with my current obitsu body, but it's just not mature enough/ the right shape. This is right on the money! Especially a fan of the new proportions, I like the new elbow joint too.

I wonder how far off the release we are? It's coming sometime this year in autumn according to the sign, so it shouldn't be too long....

chef_mai

The new body looks really nice, but I hope they continue producing the older shape too. They're entirely different body types.

The fuller waist will make this one fit better into SD clothes and give it more options for clothing than AZO2 and AP in that respect.

• Like 1

Poofiemus
On 10/27/2022 at 1:11 PM, chef_mai said:

The new body looks really nice, but I hope they continue producing the older shape too. They're entirely different body types.

The fuller waist will make this one fit better into SD clothes and give it more options for clothing than AZO2 and AP in that respect.

I agree--in fact they're so different that I suspect existing Obi 50 clothes probably won't fit anymore. And that is a shame, because otherwise my Azone HAF Homura would likely be getting an upgrade. . . .unless they do keep the scrawny preteen variant, which is unconfirmed.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

IgelFullmetal
On 10/25/2022 at 5:59 PM, chantelle said:

Comparison with the existing Obi50 and AZO2 body. I really love that this newer body has a fuller waist. 

I’m super excited and I hope they will offer this body in more skin tones and bust sizes in the future!

Hmm... The torso appears to be longer in proportion to the doll's height. It's far more realistic and "adult" looking than the old 50cm body. 

Vampurrr

Woah! I love the look of the new body so much. I'll definitely be using it for a hybrid when it comes out ^_^

Courtmom

Have we heard/found anything on release dates??

hellFlower

Judging by this post the new body has been delayed until next year:

Doesn't actually say anything about the body, but you can see this girl is using the new body and was also originally scheduled to be released this year in the pictures above.

• Like 1

Poofiemus

That head totally looks like DD Nanoha/Fate. 

Didn't realize they had already had a debut model ready to go, but considering we're halfway through December a December release would be ambitious lol. 

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Tasuke

She's Adorable♥

(reminds me of Megumi Morisato from "Ah! My Goddess")

Megumi_Morisato_3.jpg?width=1920&height=

Megumi_Morisato_4.jpg?width=1920&height=

• Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Janeway

Love the obitsu head and body. 

RetroKanojo

Oh, she looks so pretty! I think she'd make a good Rin Kagamine, but with the re-boot coming up, I guess people can just pick up the original. @onion9@ I'm a little picky with the Obitsu molds/faces, but this one really, really looks adorable!

Silent

Is there any chance that this new obitsu 50 body could also be return of obitsu 60?