Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

IgelFullmetal

Obitsu GGR (New Generation 1/3 Body)

Oculae

If the 60 was returning with this body, I'm sure they'd have teased it alongside this body - that's BIG news. Considering they haven't said anything about 60, I doubt it's coming back any time soon.

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Lynn

So... That doll - Akiho? - is going to be released with the new body? With those clothes and eyes? I want her so bad. Like, SO bad! (I'm quite glad she wasn't released this year, I couldn't have afford her.)

Misheru

I like the proportion of this body more than the old 50cm, which was too thin imho. But I completely agree that this needs to be done in a 60cm size.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

chantelle

Found pics of the GGR nude w/ a head! 

I really hope they make this body in tan someday 🥹

• Like 3

bananaaether

She's SO beautiful! Here's what I translated from what I can see in these images:

The 50 frame, known for its robustness and range of motion, has been partially updated to make it even easier to handle. The frame parts that are exposed between the outer skin has been changed to matte for an improved appearance.

Switchover to the updated body is estimated for some time in 2023.

Elbow Joint
The elbow covers and the elbow joint have been unified for a better appearance. The vertical movement has been improved.

Shoulder Joint
The shoulder has been fixed so as not to be fragile.

Ankle Joint
We've reviewed reports about the ankle being easy to break and amended them accordingly. Rolling the joint horizontally is now possible. The structure was also changed so as not to expose the screws on the soles of the feet.

(There's blurbs about the wrist and pelvis that I can't read.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

amijules

This is so exciting, omg!!! I've been thinking about hunting down a secondhand OB50 (RIP 60cm, gone but not forgotten) but now I'm happy to wait for this gorgeous new body to come out! I love the proportions.

• Like 1

chef_mai

I look forward to the new internal parts, so I can give my girls a tune-up. Hopefully, they remain compatible.

"The structure was also changed so as not to expose the screws on the soles of the feet."

The exposed screws were the only way to service the feet if they came loose... unless the new design obviates it entirely.

(There's blurbs about the wrist and pelvis that I can't read.)

I hope that they shored up the hip/pelvis since that part's brittle. Almost every time I wanted to swap the legs, the outer portion of that internal hip part would shatter. It doesn't really affect the functionality, but it's annoying.

• Like 1

Astraea

The sculpt is so lovely and I didn't even notice the matte kneecaps but that's a big improvement to me, it looks so good! I hope they come out soon, I'd love to use this body for an OC of mine

bananaaether

@chef_mai Yeah I'm curious what they mean about the feet. Maybe gotta take the feet off the skeleton to tighten them??

chef_mai

I think they're gearing up to release the new body and parts since they're beginning to not restock some of the skeleton parts at Hobby Search. Some items have flipped to the sold out w/o a notification option for a restock, another way to say that production's ended.

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 4

Tombo

I love the new body sculpt. The increased width of the ribcage looks much more natural, and the shapely thighs are lovely. I wonder if/when Parabox will update their female bodies with the new tech. 

Janeway

Love this new body and head mold. Mind you l would like to put smaller boobs on this body.

Janeway

Here is a picture of this body. No pun intended she needs smaller boobs.

FlRNkfDaMAQP4Jb.jpeg.jpg

samseramsamsam

Interesting, I love the slightly "stockier" appearance. Do we know if maybe the old bust pieces might be compatible? 

MonochromaticNocturne

Oh, this body's proportions look a lot better! (imo)

And that head sculpt is adorable~ I hope it hasn't been delayed again, I feel like both Obitsu and Parabox have struggled with delayed releases in recent years

Tasuke
On 3/27/2023 at 7:43 AM, Janeway said:

Love this new body and head mold. Mind you l would like to put smaller boobs on this body.

OBITSU already has S/M/L available on their 26cm. bodies... so similar options for this new GGR are sure to come?

here's the M-size bust on my OBITSU 26 Custom Konomi Yuzuhara;

Konomi_Yuzuhara_OBITSU_26_12-17-20_1_RES

Konomi_-_10-9-22_5_RESIZE_40.jpg?width=1

Konomi_Yuzuhara_OBITSU_26_12-17-20_2_RES

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

plasticyears

2118339490_ScreenShot2024-02-17at09_21_22.png.2f6f8c2da31de1088b4d9a4e26c63d61.png

Some good news for those of us who are waiting on this. It seems that they will soon start accepting orders for Akiho with the new body...I hope this means that they'll be selling the body separately too. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Tierparkzone
1 hour ago, plasticyears said:

I hope this means that they'll be selling the body separately too.

They should. Word at January's Tokyo Doll Show was that the new body will indeed be launched with Akiho before entering direct sale. Nice to see, that it's finally going forward.

• Like 3

ragnamuffin
On 2/17/2024 at 6:44 PM, plasticyears said:

Some good news for those of us who are waiting on this. It seems that they will soon start accepting orders for Akiho with the new body...I hope this means that they'll be selling the body separately too.

To add onto this, Obitsu just posted a link to the blog post for Akiho from a few days ago here. They mostly go over the clothing and say they’ll touch on the body another time (although they do mention that the head is new and takes 20mm eyes and 8 inch wigs), but most interesting to me is the two new hand parts! The open hands and closed hands have been completely redone and now have better sculpting.

The most recent blog post from yesterday is here, which talks about how to pre-order her. Interestingly, you can order a “simple” version without the clothes. Idk if this is normal for Obitsu, but it’s a reasonable price if you just wanted the body.

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Thanks 5

Cydril

I preordered Akiho, really hopeful that she can work as a short friend to dollfie dreams. The body sculpt is beautiful, and it seems like they've tried to fix the common issues that it's hard on the past with the breaking shoulders and hips. The freakin shoulders breaking was what put me off buying obitsu bodies.

• Like 4

chef_mai

I'm loving all the QOL improvements they've made and can't wait to upgrade the internal skeleton once they sell the parts a la carte. I've held off on buying repair parts, knowing that this was on the way.

chef_mai

Thanks for sharing that. The way the clothes fit is quite a surprise because on paper, those numbers don't suggest it. It's fitting even more snug than AZO2 despite coming under on most figures. It probably comes down to how it's sculpted perhaps.