Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

IgelFullmetal

Obitsu GGR (New Generation 1/3 Body)

meteorite

I decided to cross-reference the measurements of a DDS and GGR. Their bust and waist measurements are nearly identical.

Seems like GGR can theoretically wear DDS tops without issue, and can share dresses if you don't mind a longer skirt.

GGR measurements from Obitsu:

5c74b55613fd21273d2d3232abc1f0f4.jpg.b59d10d9ad94b7578259bf2dd45c9868.jpg

DDS measurements from Sakura Dreams:

sizes_2_4-2971251464.png.605f31b68a64796834fbd89a3b889eeb.png

I love the curvy sculpt combined with the more manageable 50cm height. If I ever buy another 1/3 it will definitely be GGR. 😍

• Thanks 3

Brun2166

I really like this body. It’s much more proportionate to me. I hope it will be available in the us soon. 

chantelle

Gosh the new body is so beautiful, I want one so badly! Hopefully the body will be sold separately eventually. 

They also are making S and M bust options:

https://x.com/obitsu_kaihatsu/status/1768906973909782935?s=46&t=FPPxKNKU8Z8_IzWMpOt5hw

With M bust and Azone clothing:

https://x.com/obitsu_kaihatsu/status/1769280500340867122?s=46&t=FPPxKNKU8Z8_IzWMpOt5hw

Posing photos:

https://x.com/obitsu_kaihatsu/status/1769711213699534874?s=46&t=FPPxKNKU8Z8_IzWMpOt5hw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Janeway

How does one go about ordering one of those? I am from Canada.

SonataAvalon
19 minutes ago, Janeway said:

1. Planned robbery

2. Main website of Parabox

• Haha 3

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!

Janeway

To above person 😂 and the obitsu English website doesn't have any information on this. You have to go to the obitsu Japan website to order this. This is why I was asking. 

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
25 minutes ago, Janeway said:

To above person 😂 and the obitsu English website doesn't have any information on this. You have to go to the obitsu Japan website to order this. This is why I was asking. 

Right now, I believe the only way to get one is to preorder the new Akiho doll, but Obitsu doesn’t take orders from outside Japan, so you’ll have to find a proxy. It’ll probably be available standalone in the future, but you’ll have to wait for Parabox or another sales agent to stock it.

SonataAvalon
11 hours ago, Janeway said:

As Gabriel "Fluffy" says, "But it was funny, right?"

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!

Janeway

Wow l sent obitsu a message on Facebook asking how do l order this new obitsu 50 body with head ( l for her name) and they just told me that Parabox is not going to be selling this in the future. This doesn't make any sense HELP!

Kissamaagi
1 minute ago, Janeway said:

Wow l sent obitsu a message on Facebook asking how do l order this new obitsu 50 body with head ( l for her name) and they just told me that Parabox is not going to be selling this in the future. This doesn't make any sense HELP!

Huh that's weird, I wonder if Obitsu will try to start selling overseas themselves or something?

SonataAvalon
9 minutes ago, Janeway said:

I wonder if it's limited availability... could they explain further as to why they're doing this if you can?

Thank's for reading!

Cydril
On 3/28/2024 at 10:02 AM, Janeway said:

Parabox and obitsu are related but obitsu doesn't have an international site like parabox does. 

When you asked on fb, they are probably trying to tell you that it won't be available on parabox website. You have to order through a proxy. I used noppin.

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, Cydril said:

Parabox and obitsu are related but obitsu doesn't have an international site like parabox does.

They’re not related, Parabox is just an authorized reseller of Obitsu products (as is Azone).

5 hours ago, Janeway said:

The problem is that you asked about Akiho. Akiho is Obitsu’s proprietary doll, and unlike their eyes, wigs and body parts, Obitsu fullset dolls are only available through Obitsu’s website. They do not allow their fullset dolls to be sold through authorized resellers.

You’ll have to wait for them to release the body standalone, which they have said they will do in the future.

• Thanks 1

Janeway

Here is what I asked and what they told me.

Screenshot_20240330-002142.png.d8440e14550a43d3fd3bab0018a26f2c.pngScreenshot_20240330-002158.png.1d2be567f0bcae0af71fa8ddc052d574.png

ragnamuffin
25 minutes ago, Janeway said:

Here is what I asked and what they told me.

Yes, you messaged Parabox about Obitsu’s doll Akiho. Parabox and Obitsu are two different companies. Parabox does not sell this doll (and it sounds like they won’t sell the GGR body in the future either, unfortunately).

You’ll have to find a proxy to preorder Akiho for you now or wait to see if you can buy the GGR body separately from another store in the future.

Janeway

To the above person thanks.🙂

nanika

Azone and Parabox contract Obitsu to produce many of their doll parts.  Sometimes they use the standard Obitsu body, and sometimes they use their own customized body parts that Obitsu manufacturers for them.  

Now regarding Akiho, pre-orders stopped on March 19, 6pm JST.  (Pre-orders lasted for 1 month)  Delivery is slated for late August 2024.

Eventually Obitsu will sell the GGR body by itself (without a head).

Obitsu doesn't ship outside of Japan, but they do allow you to ship to a forwarder.    I've purchased from Obitsu a few times and had it shipped to Big in Japan, who has a forwarding service.  

yokha
Posted (edited)

I genuinely can't wait until akiho release, on the blog 

https://obitsu.co.jp/doll-division/news/8471/

They said they will sell the body when akiho shipped, so yeah its gonna be a while but I can wait.

240302_GGR50_03.jpg

Edited by yokha
  • Like 3

Epona

Will Akiho be purchasable after the body is sold standalone? 

I realize we might not have that information just yet, but considering their previous dolls, does it seem likely...? Most of my obitsu stuff is 1/6 scale Uniform Project Dolls which are all limited and a bit of a different matter altogether. 😅

I wasn't able to preorder her unfortunately but she's SO cute and the body looks fantastic! She's definitely on my wishlist. 💖

nanika

I haven't kept track of Obitsu's 50cm Completed Doll releases, but they are always fairly short sales periods.

You can see all of the past releases: https://obitsu.co.jp/doll-division/obitsu-doll-series/obitsu-doll/

I don't think anyone can predict the answer, but here are the options:

1. There could be another limited ordering period in the future.
  2. They could do a different original character (perhaps a different bust size).
  3. They could do a different version of Akiho (different wig, outfit, eyes, and/or skin color).
  4. They could offer a fairly permanent Semi-Order option (choose the body size 50cm/48cm, bust size, and eye type). But no wig or outfit.

However, being a new body, they're likely working on the following projects too:

1. Different bust options (Confirmed--Medium & Small)
  2. Different hand options (sounds like it's an improved sculpt?)
  3. 48cm ankles
  4. Another GGR head (eventually)

A few years ago when Obitsu had gone and changed the 50cm body skin to semi-rigid, I was glad the torso became semi-rigid, but sad that the bust parts also became semi-rigid.  I'm glad to see the bust being changed back to soft with GGR. 

• Like 2

HongBee

I ordered Akiho through a proxy service and hopefully will get it in Aug or Sep 2024. But I am now a bit concerned... Because they are revising the skeleton does it mean it will be increasingly difficult to find?

Once Akiho arrives, I am considering if I should take her apart and example the compatibility...