Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

October 2022 New Outfit Collection

foo

New outfit collection goes for sale October 8th. 

H_221008_dress.jpg.50d00e0a7f127ef54e36efe69019266c.jpg

Volks' special web site and online store page.

Also I've found it impossible lately to log into Volks' online store using either Safari or Chrome, they seem not to be handling cookies properly. I was able to put my last order through using Firefox.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, foo said:

Also I've found it impossible lately to log into Volks' online store using either Safari or Chrome, they seem not to be handling cookies properly. I was able to put my last order through using Firefox.

Have you tried their instructions for fixing that issue?

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/topics_detail.html?info_id=1085

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

foo

Yeah they’re broken. I tried multiple browsers, computers, and my phone, the only thing that worked was Firefox. 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, foo said:

Yeah they’re broken. I tried multiple browsers, computers, and my phone, the only thing that worked was Firefox. 

I use Firefox on Mac for the most part, but had no issues logging in with Safari on Mac or iPad. I'm running OS X Monterey 12.6, and my Safari was just updated to version 16 about a week ago. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

foo
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I use Firefox on Mac for the most part, but had no issues logging in with Safari on Mac or iPad. I'm running OS X Monterey 12.6, and my Safari was just updated to version 16 about a week ago. 

Yeah it still doesn't work for me in Safari, updated to latest. Their use of cookies is broken, if I add something to my cart and then click 'continue' to checkout, it says my session timed out.

Actually I'm using one of my other computers right now. It looks like I didn't try logging into their store on this computer before because the password wasn't saved, which is why I used the add-to-cart test. I tried to login after manually getting & entering the password and it still didn't work (it doesn't give an error but the link in the upper right still says 'Login' instead of 'My Page'). I used the browser's web inspector to look at the cookies the page was using and then decided to clear those cookies and try again. Now it's able to log in and the cart's working. 

That's weird because I haven't used this computer for much non-work stuff (I had to sign into this forum too to reply to this post too), so I don't know why/when the stored cookies would have gotten corrupted.

I actually had this problem a few weeks ago and it resolved itself after a few days, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, foo said:

That's weird because I haven't used this computer for much non-work stuff (I had to sign into this forum too to reply to this post too), so I don't know why/when the stored cookies would have gotten corrupted.

I browse the Volks site on my iPad, but I've never logged in. Still had to clear cookies to get login to work. Whatever cookie has an issue, I don't think it's a login cookie. 

Chiakisenpai

The website also does not work for me on my mac logging in. Cleared all cookies from them and still nada. Such a bummer they have so many problems especially when releases drop and the website goes down forever

Xiongmao

I had this problem and the solution was to log in using a browser I'd never used for the Volks site. I cleared all the cookies too. I successfully ordered Kaito today without too much hassle, apart from the site's overloaded message appearing a few times.

My Kaito (and outfit) order went though around an hour after release.

Edited by Xiongmao

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

foo

Trying to get the purchase through the site was hard. First I tried using my regular credit card and got to the 'Verified by Visa' thing, but instead of asking for a password my bank for that card wanted to send me a text message. Except it was using my landline as the phone number. So I tried another Visa and same thing but the different bank actually offered to send the code to my mobile number. I did that, resending it twice, and it never came through.

I gave up and used PayPal, which took many tries because during or after the PayPal redirection I'd get a 'sorry! site's too busy!' message.

Just now, over two hours later,  I got the verification code on my phone for the credit card attempt (-‸ლ)  I guess their Japanese payment processor was overloaded too (the site that's handling financial transactions and redirecting to Verified by Visa).

ragnamuffin
2 minutes ago, foo said:

Trying to get the purchase through the site was hard. First I tried using my regular credit card and got to the 'Verified by Visa' thing, but instead of asking for a password my bank for that card wanted to send me a text message. Except it was using my landline as the phone number. So I tried another Visa and same thing but the different bank actually offered to send the code to my mobile number. I did that, resending it twice, and it never came through.

I gave up and used PayPal, which took many tries because during or after the PayPal redirection I'd get a 'sorry! site's too busy!' message.

Just now, over two hours later,  I got the verification code on my phone for the credit card attempt (-‸ლ)  I guess their Japanese payment processor was overloaded too (the site that's handling financial transactions and redirecting to Verified by Visa).

Check your bank statement religiously. The same thing happened to me earlier this year (my bank tried to send a code to my landline, which I obviously couldn’t confirm) and I had pending payments that I couldn’t cancel on my card.

Somehow the seller was able to authorize the payments even after I’d given up, and I got charged a ridiculous conversion fee as well as processing fee for a foreign transaction (thank you MasterCard 😒)

The seller refunded me the money, but I got slapped with more conversion and processing fees for the refunds (yes, you have pay both ways for the payment and the refund!). This stupid mistake nearly cost me $120 in extra fees, but thankfully the bank reversed them (and they didn’t have to because it was all MasterCard’s fault!).

Jezrah

Ugh that was a tough one. I actually managed to get in and most of the way though the checkout within about 15 minutes, but although I got all the way through hitting submit on the Verified by Visa code page, it just punted me back to the too busy page. I knew the order hadn't gone though because I have a text alert set up for foreign transactions. Then it took over an hour to get in to try again, and same thing, punted back to the too busy page. I actually really wanted it to go through on my credit card due to the difference in points accumulation, but after over 2 hours and 6 tries I decided to give up and try PayPal, which did finally go through. It was painful but I did manage to get everything I wanted, both new and older releases. It's my first bigger clothing haul in a while, so I'll be excited for the ensuing fashion show once it gets here. @onion24@

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

BeyondTime
58 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

Yeah, the overloading of the Volks website seems to have increased significantly. - For the new releases last month, it took about two hours before I was even able to access the store.

What's interesting is that I always tended to log in to the website an hour ahead and then refresh the page every few min to keep the session open. Last few events I've noticed that the site overload page will pop up 30 min before the event and then clear after a minute or so. 15 minutes before the event it pops up again and I'm shut out for at least an hour. At event time the load is so bad it doesn't event try to refresh the page, you just immediately get the overload page. 

Given the clockwork regularity, I wonder is scalpers are using bots to skim everything they can from the event, or maybe Volks adjusts the traffic flow down as load gets measured and then trickles more stock in as quantities go down during the event.

I got in and got my stuff 50 min after start, but I've been trying to access the store again just to see how much event stuff is still in stock, and three hours in the overload page is still coming up for me. 

What I noticed after the September event is that they still had almost everything in stock, and I was curious if the same was true today. 

The upside is that even though it took forever to get in, they had enough of everything that I got everything I wanted. I just have no idea if stuff I didn't want was already sold out. I went for none of the Classical Japanese outfits, and I already had the black Princess Pom.

foo

FWIW I just received the remaining two codes on my phone from when I tried “send code again.” (ーー’) 

JJRed

I love how the website is still crashing right now after three hours. I’m so worried my order is going to be canceled.😖

BeyondTime
19 minutes ago, JJRed said:

I love how the website is still crashing right now after three hours. I’m so worried my order is going to be canceled.😖

If you got your order in you're fine. 

Noxxbunny

Phew. I also just barely got in. Luckily still snagged the White Bunny set I wanted, so I'm happy.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Lynn

I finally was able to log in their site. Got the stuff I wanted, luckily. 

BeyondTime

As of this morning, most stuff is still in stock, and their website is still popping up the overload page periodically. I ordered a few more items, and I got the overload when coming back in from PayPal. 

It's almost like like their website is experiencing aftershocks from an earthquake. XD

Xiongmao

Oh that's why the site was down when I tried looking earlier.

I don't know if I need to be buying more doll stuff right now. I do need a MDD bodysuit though and that ghost outfit is really cute. Also Towa has her eye on that nun outfit - I think it would really suit her.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime
30 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

Also Towa has her eye on that nun outfit - I think it would really suit her.

That one isn't sized for DDDy, but if you got it and it didn't fit Towa well, it should look good on Kizuna or Uzuki.

• Like 1

chef_mai

I'm eyeing the white knit rib set for DD and can't figure out if it's a pullover or if there are buttons on the back.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_221008_DRESS10/4518992440637.html

I've already got an Azone one but stopped using it after Mai's been giving me tons of trouble getting her head off, so I've stopped using all pullover clothes and won't be buying any more of those.

(I digress, but these days, what happens is that the neck connector will snap from the head, staying on the body and just her head comes off. I've worked around this by using my fingernail to free the connector from the neck, but this is tiring to keep doing for a simple clothes change.)

Edited by chef_mai

foo
1 minute ago, chef_mai said:

I'm eyeing the white knit rib set for DD and can't figure out if it's a pullover or if there are buttons on the back.

Volks always goes through the effort to make clothes so that you don’t have to disassemble the doll much, but I can’t give you any proof in this case 😕 

BeyondTime
49 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

I don't think I've ever seen a pullover from Volks, and especially in any lineup for their SD. The SD face-ups are supposed to be protected by a face mask when you dress them.

I've generally found that disassembly required most often means removing the hands, but rarely means more than that. 

chef_mai

The pastel blue hoodie I have is a pullover. It buttons up most of the way but not the whole way, but it's pretty wide opening, enough for a short-haired girl to get it on and off with just a little hair brushing around. Unfortunately, I can't get it onto my twintail-ed girl.