Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

October 2022 New Outfit Collection

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, chef_mai said:

The pastel blue hoodie I have is a pullover.

Not one I have, but I think I do have something like what you are describing. Those items are both in the Tenshi-no-Koromo line, and are meant specifically for DD not SD. I don't really think of the one I have as a pullover, because the opening is big enough you can put the doll in feet first. With SD you would have to remove the head for pullovers or you would gradually rub off the face-up pulling the outfit over their faces, so I think that's why so many Volks outfits have snaps in the back when the real world version would not.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

chef_mai
10 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

the opening is big enough you can put the doll in feet first

Thanks so much for this suggestion! It's a tighter squeeze on the other items (the Azone knit sweater and the keyhole turtleneck), but this worked so well for that hoodie. I never thought of putting it on that way, but it makes so much sense now.

• Like 1

Eiko82

Cool stuff. I just noticed that some of the girls have elf ears. I didn't know Volks offers elf eared girls!! 

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, chef_mai said:

It's a tighter squeeze on the other items (the Azone knit sweater and the keyhole turtleneck), but this worked so well for that hoodie.

I tend to do that with any third party pullovers that have a large enough opening because I don't like taking their heads off. Not always the intent of the design, but if it works I do it. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ragnamuffin
6 hours ago, chef_mai said:

Thanks so much for this suggestion! It's a tighter squeeze on the other items (the Azone knit sweater and the keyhole turtleneck), but this worked so well for that hoodie. I never thought of putting it on that way, but it makes so much sense now.

I have the pink version and usually take the hands off, put the arms up and pull it over Alice’s head. I guess there’s a chance it might ruin the faceup, but I’m usually able to get it on this way without the fabric touching her face.

4 hours ago, Eiko82 said:

Cool stuff. I just noticed that some of the girls have elf ears. I didn't know Volks offers elf eared girls!! 

They offer those ears through Dream Choice, although some character dolls like Asuna and Kirika come with their own special elf ears.

• Like 1

chef_mai
5 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

I have the pink version and usually take the hands off, put the arms up and pull it over Alice’s head. I guess there’s a chance it might ruin the faceup, but I’m usually able to get it on this way without the fabric touching her face.

What's your process for getting the hoodie off? That's when it tends to mess up the wig a bit for me.

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

The DD face-ups are supposed to be more durable than SD face-ups, so it's probably less of an issue. If you were doing with a lot of frequency it might become a problem though. 

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, chef_mai said:

What's your process for getting the hoodie off? That's when it tends to mess up the wig a bit for me.

I open up the buttons on the hood and pass it over her head, then push the whole sweater down over her body and off her feet.

I should note that Alice has rooted hair, so I don’t have to worry about her wig slipping off, but it does mess her hair up a bit. If Mai wears a wig, it’s probably easier just to take it off when doing this, unless it’s particularly hard to put back on. The PenginWorkshop wigs I have give me so much grief I can totally understand not wanting to do that.

Edited by ragnamuffin

foo

Wow, they really were busy. I got an email saying that they got so many orders that shipping will be delayed; I've never got that before. Well other than things like pre-order projects. I didn't think there was anything especially popular this time, there were no dolls 🤔

It also had this cute disclaimer at the end,

* Since we are using translation fanction so that we can respond promptly, my sentences might be strange.

It also had a link to the same statement on their website, 

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/topics_detail.html?info_id=20

BeyondTime
11 minutes ago, foo said:

Wow, they really were busy. I got an email saying that they got so many orders that shipping will be delayed; I've never got that before.

I've gotten that message a few times, that includes clothes only events. I got them on 6/3/22, 8-26-22, and today.

The 8/26/22 event was the one with Mugumin.  Megumin herself was ordered on the 19th, and shipped on the 25th. A day latter I got the delay message about my clothes order that was also placed on the 19th.

The 6/3/22 was Utena, and I got a delay message about both the doll and the separate clothing order.

I've been getting the impression Thursday is their shipping day for After Event international orders, and maybe if your order didn't make the cut they send the message as a courtesy. Unless you didn't participate in those events, maybe you got lucky and made the cut for shipping on those days.

foo
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

The 8/26/22 event was the one with Mugumin.  Megumin herself was ordered on the 19th, and shipped on the 25th. A day latter I got the delay message about my clothes order that was also placed on the 19th.

The 6/3/22 was Utena, and I got a delay message about both the doll and the separate clothing order.

It makes sense to get messages about those though because there were limited releases involved (dolls), or they were at least busy because they were currently doing large shipping orders. Like I know they've done that when there was a pre-order project's shipping underway. But this time both the site was really hammered during the event and they're backed up for shipping. I wonder if a lot of domestic sales have gone online too.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, foo said:

I wonder if a lot of domestic sales have gone online too.

That's a very valid idea. I'm also wondering how much scalping plays a role in this. The resale value of certain Volks dolls, especially SD, is completely nuts. I think Sapphire is over $5k now, so some scalper is pocketing $3600 just for standing in line or winning a lottery. Don't know how much of that carries over to outfit sales though.

This event did have new heads ideal for MDD, so that might explain some of the load. 

Emil

I got an email like that last June, along with one today (gave me a big scare for a moment, I ordered an SD Mel and got scared she was completely out of stock already 😅) I think it's something happening more this year. Perhaps in part due to the yen exchange, so many people are ordering from Volks JP? 

• Like 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

BeyondTime

Got my shipping messages this morning. 

JJRed

My girls bunny suit just got delivered today. And I really hate DHL!!!

Emil

I received my shipping notice yesterday morning, but the only part of the drop that I purchased was the brown DD tights 😂. Probably took longer because I have a doll in that order. 

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~