Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
meltychoco_BJD

Tried "Photoshopping" A Doll Photo~

meltychoco_BJD

I took a quick cellphone-photo of Nero in this hat I got a few days ago, and I decided to try photoshopping it into something nicer, as I don't have any matching clothes for it to warrant a whole photoshoot with the DSLR camera.

Doll: DD Saber EXTRA (the outfit, though barely visible here, is from mana_jen on Instagram. The hat was from a local source.)

spacer.png

Here's the before and after:

I removed the background and replaced it with a photo, and did a bunch of lighting and colour correction edits.

spacer.png

Overall I think it's passable? Definitely not as nice as a DSLR photo still, since it sort of lacks "depth" in a sense, but the results are making me want to try editing my proper photoshoot images this way too. I did all the editing with Clip Studio Paint!

• Like 8

☆⋅⋆ ───FIND ME ON─── ⋆⋅☆

DoA | Twitter | Instagram

☆⋅⋆ ────── ⋆⋅☆

Xiongmao

Nice photos. I really like Saber but I don't need any more dolls lol.

I shot a [human] wedding last weekend with my SLR. I'm kind of ashamed that my sister in law's camera phone apparently took better photos than my old D-SLR does - I guess that's why sales of cameras have collapsed. I was actually the only person at the wedding with an SLR.

SLR lenses are great at blurred background and bokeh. My 60mm Canon macro lens has amazing bokeh, but it's not an easy lens to use. I've tried studio shots in my house but they really need good lighting too. The photos the SLR produces can also be enhanced a lot without artifacts appearing.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

NozomiViolet

As a lay person who has never photoshopped anything; I think your photo looks great!

meltychoco_BJD
On 9/30/2022 at 3:43 PM, Xiongmao said:

Nice photos. I really like Saber but I don't need any more dolls lol.

I shot a [human] wedding last weekend with my SLR. I'm kind of ashamed that my sister in law's camera phone apparently took better photos than my old D-SLR does - I guess that's why sales of cameras have collapsed. I was actually the only person at the wedding with an SLR.

SLR lenses are great at blurred background and bokeh. My 60mm Canon macro lens has amazing bokeh, but it's not an easy lens to use. I've tried studio shots in my house but they really need good lighting too. The photos the SLR produces can also be enhanced a lot without artifacts appearing.

Honestly yeah, I've seen a lot of newer phones that can take really nice photos! My phone camera is ok, but it doesn't really do so well with indoor lighting. I didn't know camera sales were going down though, I'm a bit surprised. I guess I never really have seen anyone outside with a camera whenever I go out for nature/scenic photos.

A phone camera may have convenience, but I still prefer the look of photos taken with a DSLR. I also really like being able to manually change settings while shooting, and the advantages of shooting in RAW for later editing, which is mostly why I don't bother using my phone for photos much.

On 10/1/2022 at 7:45 PM, NozomiViolet said:

As a lay person who has never photoshopped anything; I think your photo looks great!

Thank you!! I don't really have much experience with altering photos this way so I'm glad it came out okay. I mostly use CSP for drawing 😅

☆⋅⋆ ───FIND ME ON─── ⋆⋅☆

DoA | Twitter | Instagram

☆⋅⋆ ────── ⋆⋅☆