Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Grover864

Hello!

Grover864

Hi! Looking forward to this next part of my journey! 44/M/US. My mom kept dolls from when she was young all her life and then collected and made clothes for them when I was young (Porcelain.) I never picked it up. Fast forward a lifetime and I started following anime almost 2 years ago now. From there, figure collecting. Then started resin printing/figure making (as a hobby.) On a whim I picked up a doll after learning techniques for my other hobby watching faceup videos and liking the customizable options this offers. Kinda nervous about that now, lol. I'll post more about that in an appropriate area. Look forward to seeing all of your beautiful creations and will post pics of mine when she arrives.  

• Like 4

battrastard

Welcome! 

Lot's of crafty-type folks here. My mom did most of all the 1/6 scale clothes for my G. I. Joes, and my cousins and nieces Barbies. (didn't pick up sewing, either) 

Hope to see what Kiddo(s) you pick up! 

Rick

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Grover864

Thanks! Knowing me and my hobbies, I'm sure I'll pick some of it up soon (when she declines to do any of it 🤣)

• Haha 1

Rajke

Welcome to the Forums.

@onion12@

Also having some figures on display and doing some DIY stuff. Face ups and making clothes is really cool. However it is not my cup of tea (or coffee). Like to see some of your results when you want to show them.

Seeya around,

Rajke

Edited by Rajke

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Grover864

Thanks Rajke! My 3d print work would be way OT here I'm sure, but I will definitely post my vinyl work when these come in. Maybe a link offsite to my other pic would be acceptable. I'll read the rules over again and update if you it is. 

What type of DIY are you doing? For dolls or other things if not clothing/faceups?

Rajke
On 10/14/2022 at 7:43 PM, Grover864 said:

Thanks Rajke! My 3d print work would be way OT here I'm sure, but I will definitely post my vinyl work when these come in. Maybe a link offsite to my other pic would be acceptable. I'll read the rules over again and update if you it is. 

What type of DIY are you doing? For dolls or other things if not clothing/faceups?

I definitely am interested in what you make. If it is off topic a link is fine. @onion34@

I make accessoires in smaller scales. 
One of my bigger ongoing projects is my 1/3 scaled horse drawn carriage (Karos type).

I started with 1/12 scaled walls and floors painted and engraved. Later I started with small props, either wood or 3D printed. In some pictures my girls uses or wears these items. 
One of the items I am proud of can be read in the link below if you want:

https://myfigurecollection.net/blog/40590

Grover864
5 hours ago, Rajke said:

I definitely am interested in what you make. If it is off topic a link is fine. @onion34@

Kind of ironic hahaha... but check out my username there. But here's a link to the first fig I made/assembled/painted etc. 

Reddit post

There's a couple more pics in the main comment link. 

Your diorama looks great! I read the whole blog! I hope to make new girl some accessories/props once she gets here. I'll be posting if/when I get to it. AND I didn't know MFC had Dollfie info!?!? I do see it's the licensed character's only and makes sense. Wonder if my girl cosplaying a licensed JP character would fly lol. If I pull it off she's definitely going in my profile there. My username is the same there as this site.

• Like 2

MagicalRozen

Hi there!

I was wonderful meeting you on the zoom meeting! So happy about your first girl coming in! I can't wait to see all the stuff you design and print for her.

P.S. I really was absolutely blown away by your resin kits and the model work you did for Violet! I can't wait to see her come all together!

• Like 1

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, Ann, Sana, Kana, Robin, Amane, And Others That May Come And Go.

Grover864
20 hours ago, MagicalRozen said:

Hi there!

I was wonderful meeting you on the zoom meeting! So happy about your first girl coming in! I can't wait to see all the stuff you design and print for her.

P.S. I really was absolutely blown away by your resin kits and the model work you did for Violet! I can't wait to see her come all together!

Awww Thanks! You as well! I really enjoyed meeting everyone and their extended families! It's nice to see the diversity among everyone's tastes, as well as all the crafty things people have been working on and using. It was a pleasure spending some time with a lot of very talented and friendly people. I hope I'm free in two weeks for the next one!

• Like 1

Grover864

So far I've been "quoting" in hopes specific people see that I'm replying to them (since I didn't see a "reply" icon.) This post cleared it up for me:  

Where is the reply option?

So in the future I'll '@' people instead of quoting. This is a test... @MagicalRozen please ignore that I quoted your entire post lol. 

• Haha 1

Rajke
On 10/17/2022 at 4:22 AM, Grover864 said:

Kind of ironic hahaha... but check out my username there. But here's a link to the first fig I made/assembled/painted etc. 

Reddit post

There's a couple more pics in the main comment link. 

Your diorama looks great! I read the whole blog! I hope to make new girl some accessories/props once she gets here. I'll be posting if/when I get to it. AND I didn't know MFC had Dollfie info!?!? I do see it's the licensed character's only and makes sense. Wonder if my girl cosplaying a licensed JP character would fly lol. If I pull it off she's definitely going in my profile there. My username is the same there as this site.

That figure of Holo you made is beautiful. the detailing is really impressive. 

Ideas for new projects enough but short on time.

All Dollfie’s are allowed according to MFC rules: 

Japanese origin and/or Japanese product is allowed. The group interested in Dollfie’s and especially their own designs is just too small. I added Smartdoll Infinity in the database because I had the selfish thought that i wanted it visible in my profile.

I also go under the same name as here on MFC.

• Thanks 1

Leparda

Heya!@onion12@

I am also looking forward to my vinyl doll! I am excited about your projects! If you post them, I would be glad to see them!!@onion24@What size will she/he be?

Grover864

@Leparda exciting isn't it!?!?! Looking forward to see what you get as well. My first is going to be a DD

Edited by Grover864
  • Like 1

Grover864

So I've been debating about this a few days now. I've decided my first girl is going to get her sister to move in with her after all. That was my original plan, butI  just couldn't find the right ones. When I originally dropped the idea of getting the second, I proceeded to dote on the first waaaaaaaay more than I should have. Now although the second one is coming, she better realize she's going to have to wait for hand me downs. 

Oh... they don't outgrow their clothes? Hmm

• Haha 1