Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

meltychoco_BJD

Do SDGR and SD16 size shoes fit DD?

meltychoco_BJD

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere (?) and if it's in the wrong category! I wasn't sure if this should go in the DD questions or DD clothes category.

But does anyone know if shoes meant for SD16 or SDGR dolls would fit DD at all?

I know Volks usually states what it fits in item descriptions, but I was looking at shoes from a different company that uses these sizes to list their shoes.

The listing I was looking at says it fits SDGR, SD16, and DD, but before I'd read the listing I had asked what dolls they fit since I hadn't realized it was on their page, and they said SDGR and SD16 without mentioning DD at all? It's a bit confusing.

The measurements given for this particular shoe are length 7.4cm, width 2.6cm, but it's not stated if that's inner or outer. It's a heeled long boot that goes up to the knee.

Based on just the measurements it seems like it should fit, but I don't know if SDGR and SD16 are the types with 'heel feet' and if that affects how DD's regular flat feet would fit into heeled shoes made for those other doll sizes. I'm also not sure if differences in calf sizes would make the shoe too tight or too loose around the leg since it's a long boot.

Does anyone have experience trying SDGR or SD16 shoes on DD? How was the fit in general?

☆⋅⋆ ───FIND ME ON─── ⋆⋅☆

DoA | Twitter | Instagram

☆⋅⋆ ────── ⋆⋅☆

Emil
1 hour ago, ashefaust said:

I don't know if SDGR and SD16 are the types with 'heel feet'

Heel legs, actually. But yes.

1 hour ago, ashefaust said:

I'm also not sure if differences in calf sizes would make the shoe too tight or too loose around the leg since it's a long boot.

This is where the problem often lies with items made for resin dolls- DD calves tend to be much thinner in my experience. The foot length of a heel-leg SD16 as listed on DoA is 7.5cm. Generally DD is fine in the high heels from Volks, but if it's open-toed or sandals, it'll probably look weird. If the shop owner says in the description that it fits DD, it should fit DD. If anything you can just ask the shop about DD specifically 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by Emil
  • Like 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

meltychoco_BJD
46 minutes ago, Emil said:

Heel legs, actually. But yes.

This is where the problem often lies with items made for resin dolls- DD calves tend to be much thinner in my experience. The foot length of a heel-leg SD16 as listed on DoA is 7.5cm. Generally DD is fine in the high heels from Volks, but if it's open-toed or sandals, it'll probably look weird. If the shop owner says in the description that it fits DD, it should fit DD. If anything you can just ask the shop about DD specifically 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thank you for the reply!

I'll try to remember that bit about DD calves being thinner, when I browse for doll shoes in the future.

I actually ended up seeing the same shoes listed on Etsy just now while casually browsing, and there were some customer reviews with photos of the shoes on Smartdolls, so I guess they should fit fine in the end after all? They did seem a bit loose around the calves, but I think it looked fine.

Unless I'm mistaken, DD and SmD can typically fit most of the same things, right? I'm still really new to actually owning vinyl dolls, but from pics I've seen before the two seem relatively similar in size.

☆⋅⋆ ───FIND ME ON─── ⋆⋅☆

☆⋅⋆ ────── ⋆⋅☆

Emil
57 minutes ago, ashefaust said:

Unless I'm mistaken, DD and SmD can typically fit most of the same things, right? I'm still really new to actually owning vinyl dolls, but from pics I've seen before the two seem relatively similar in size.

They generally can, yes. SmD feet are a bit thinner iirc? Back when I had mine, I had to stuff shoes to fit them, while the same shoe would fit my DDs without issue/stuffing. Some of the stuff directly from the SmD store probably won't fit out of.. ahem, creator's spite, but in general DD, SmD, SDGr and SD16 are all roughly the same size. Just be cautious about form-fitting clothing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, ashefaust said:

But does anyone know if shoes meant for SD16 or SDGR dolls would fit DD at all?

Yes, SD16/SDGr heel shoes generally fit DD, and of the shoes Volks offers as a part of their outfit releases these are usually the best fit. SD shoes are usually too large and open toe versions will tend to make this obvious. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

meltychoco_BJD
On 10/22/2022 at 4:58 AM, Emil said:

They generally can, yes. SmD feet are a bit thinner iirc? Back when I had mine, I had to stuff shoes to fit them, while the same shoe would fit my DDs without issue/stuffing. Some of the stuff directly from the SmD store probably won't fit out of.. ahem, creator's spite, but in general DD, SmD, SDGr and SD16 are all roughly the same size. Just be cautious about form-fitting clothing. 

On 10/22/2022 at 9:47 AM, BeyondTime said:

Yes, SD16/SDGr heel shoes generally fit DD, and of the shoes Volks offers as a part of their outfit releases these are usually the best fit. SD shoes are usually too large and open toe versions will tend to make this obvious. 

Thank you both for the replies! All the info is really helpful

☆⋅⋆ ───FIND ME ON─── ⋆⋅☆

☆⋅⋆ ────── ⋆⋅☆