Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ateliervanilla

MDD head on Dollbot Body

ateliervanilla

As promised, I'll be posting my experience with the Dollbot body in platinum skin. It arrived today!

I ordered it last October 18, so it only took ten days to arrive to my doorstep. I purchased it brand new directly from the Dollbot website. It was delivered through EMS. I'll be hiding the photos by default since this post will be image heavy.

I decided to place my modded MDD Rena head on this body. She will be "Anya" moving forward!

Spoiler

spacer.png

The head is connected with an adapter that came with the body. First, the head should sit on top of the neck, slide the plastic adapter on the neck peg, then firmly screw the last piece. No mods are necessary to put a DD head. I'd say that both flesh and semi-white can work on this platinum skin.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Tilting the head a bit more will show that hole. It doesn't bother me, but it might be a con for some. It's great for me that the head can move a lot more. I wouldn't call it "wobbly", but moving her a bit just makes her head move on its own sometimes.

Spoiler

spacer.png

I wanted to protect my investment so I placed her in a flesh DDP bodysuit immediately. Fits like a charm. The body is a lot lighter than a MDD body. The vinyl is also a lot softer.

One thing to note is that the hands are super easy to take off and put back. But one thing that I noticed is that the hand pegs are also too easy to remove... I have to be extra careful on the pegs. I didn't want them to break. I was like... did I just break the hand peg? And I realized that it falls off a little too easily. MDD hand joints should also fit this body so I'm considering to replace these (if I wanted them to be more stable).

Another thing that I saw is that the Dollbot body has a bigger waist than the mochi-ashi. I tried having her wear a mochi-ashi shirt but it won't close at the back.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

I didn't want to go gung-ho on the posing since I was afraid to damage her the day this body arrived, but above are a few poses.

Spoiler

spacer.png

And here she is all dressed-up. I'm still waiting for her clothing that I commissioned to be finished.

That's all from me and Anya! I hope this post helps for those who are interested in a Dollbot!

Edited by ateliervanilla
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

chef_mai
2 minutes ago, ateliervanilla said:

I wouldn't call it "wobbly", but moving her a bit just makes her head move on its own sometimes.

I have this same issue with my DD head affixed to Obitsu. There isn't a gap, but it has this same tendency to move on its own and not keep the position I intended.

ateliervanilla
19 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

I have this same issue with my DD head affixed to Obitsu. There isn't a gap, but it has this same tendency to move on its own and not keep the position I intended.

For Dollbot, the head will start tilting up once I move the body backwards, or lie her down. But carrying the body or changing poses will not affect the intended position, so the head is more secure than I thought.

RetroKanojo

Thank you for the review!

The color seems to match quite well and it's good to know that 'installing' the head isn't very hard, even if it might move around a little here and there.

I guess my biggest concern after reading your post would be clothing options...

Overall - are you happy with the purchase? Would you have still bought it if you had known what you learned? Do you want to buy another one in the future?

In any case, I wish you much joy with your 'new girl'! Keep us updated if you find anything you dis/like!

• Like 1

bananaaether

She's super cute, thank you for the review! I've been very curious about Dollbot, so I love to see owner pics and thoughts.

• Like 1

ateliervanilla
10 hours ago, RetroKanojo said:

I guess my biggest concern after reading your post would be clothing options...

The safest bet would be clothing that fits Puyoo Doll Kumako, MDD Mochi-ashi, or Angel Philia. But the concern is more on the waist than that of the thighs... The DDP bodysuit fit her well, so I think if you get clothing that has some bit of stretch, it should be fine. MDD shoes fit her well, too.

10 hours ago, RetroKanojo said:

Overall - are you happy with the purchase? Would you have still bought it if you had known what you learned? Do you want to buy another one in the future?

In any case, I wish you much joy with your 'new girl'! Keep us updated if you find anything you dis/like!

I had watched a few videos on YouTube before purchasing, and read the reviews from others here as well - I'd say I would have still bought it! If the tan option is available in the future, I'm also looking forward to have one of that! I love how my hands and back don't hurt from handling her since she's lighter than MDD. She's like an in-between from Angel Philia's soft vinyl and DD's vinyl. Not too soft, and not too solid hard. Thank you, and I'll post anything if I find issues later (which I hope I don't see any more!).

1 hour ago, bananaaether said:

She's super cute, thank you for the review! I've been very curious about Dollbot, so I love to see owner pics and thoughts.

You're welcome! I'm glad to help. I don't see a lot of owner reviews from this doll company so I wanted to throw in something for reference. Overall, the purchase is worth it in my experience. The conversion right now with the yen had me cave lol! I'd say that the price is the same as getting a MDD body though. It might be a little pricier than just getting an obitsu body. But I am impressed with the posing so far.

• Like 2

ateliervanilla

Good news. Obitsu/Angel Philia hands fit the peg connector on the hand pegs! The skin match is also perfect. I only removed the detachable piece and inserted the hand. Unlike AP/Obitsu that requires heating to change hands, this one only takes seconds! No sweat at all, considering for someone like me who has virtually no pulling strength.

20221029_141424.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

chef_mai

MSD clothing would be a good bet due to the wider waist. That's why bottoms made to fit MSD tends to fit loosely around the waist. Korean clothes makers like Nine9 and TTYA have good options for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grover864

It's cute! Thanks for the posing pics! Enjoy her and I look forward to the finals when the outfit arrives.

• Like 1

RetroKanojo

Ohhh, nice to see that the OB/AP hands work! And even without having to use too much force. That's great!

• Like 1

ateliervanilla

I found another thing about the Dollbot body that may or may not be bothersome.

Sorry, Pork Bun (or I'd call Xiu Bao, a DDH27 SWS. The reason why she is named that way is on her doll profile!) will be on this body moving forward. My Anya will be on a regular MDD body.

Back on-topic...

spacer.png

Bao: Did I do anything to upset you...?

Me: no :((( 

So.. at this angle, all should look well and cute. However...

spacer.png

This view is quite unsettling.

Maybe if she was wearing the bodysuit, stockings, pants/etc... it would be tolerable.

Bao: Is Bao broken?

Me: Far from it, pork bun. The way you are designed is not "broken".

spacer.png

I didn't attempt any more as I have already swiveled the knees to another position (see sitting pose photo in my original post in this thread).

I failed to realize that I instantly put this body in a bodysuit and didn't think how Dollbot looks overall without one.

In my opinion, it's still not a deal breaker for me. I still love how the doll holds poses pretty well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RetroKanojo

I've seen this before, so it doesn't come as a surprise, but it's definitely an aesthetic that's not for everyone.. 😅

Edited by RetroKanojo

Skorpion9x

Hello. I also ordered a Dollbot body a couple weeks ago and it finally came today. I noticed that there is actually another joint in the knee area of the lower leg that you can bend it at, and tuck it back into the upper leg knee socket so it looks more normal:

spacer.png

• Like 7

Janeway

ateliervanilla thanks for sharing this. I plan on getting this body. 

Azone 45/50 clothes/shoes should fit this. 

• Like 1

ateliervanilla
On 11/26/2022 at 5:57 PM, Skorpion9x said:

Hello. I also ordered a Dollbot body a couple weeks ago and it finally came today. I noticed that there is actually another joint in the knee area of the lower leg that you can bend it at, and tuck it back into the upper leg knee socket so it looks more normal:

Thank you for sharing that! Now I'm more impressed with the Dollbot body. 

ateliervanilla

Confirming what Skorpion9x shared! A slight pull will do the trick and close that odd gap 😅

20221127_180459.jpg

• Like 5