Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

0bsequi0us

Imomodoll 1/4 Vinyl Dolls??

0bsequi0us

So I just saw this on instagram, but it looks like Imomodoll is starting a preorder for larger Vinyl Dolls! Looks like only 3D renders at this point, but it sounds like they'll be similar to the 1/6 version with a skeleton and squishy vinyl.

spacer.png

O1CN01fyxrYz2FOyI0PpUlP_!!1591548871.jpg

It looks like they have a chubbier more childish body and a more mature, curvaceous body! I really love their 1/6 vinyl doll so I'm so excited that they've already started production of larger versions.

I bought one of the chubby version from their taobao already, though honestly how they have it listed is a little confusing to me. I guess we'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

Serein

Ooh both versions are super cute! I'm waiting on a chocolate 1/6 vinyl doll from them so hopefully the sales did well on that so the possibility for more color options will open for these versions later

chantelle

Wow these look really nice!

I like that they have options for different physiques. I think the blonde girl is very cute, I wonder if her head will be available someday. 

I'm surprised by how low the price is as well. I'm not opting for one (for now) since I don't know how well they'd scale against my dollfies but I'd love to see owner photos when the shipments roll around

Courtmom

Guys! The 1/4 is being offered in "chocolate" as long as it meets its mimimum!

Courtmom
On 11/3/2022 at 10:24 PM, chantelle said:

I wonder if her head will be available someday. 

Wait so are these just the bodies? 🤔

Courtmom

Aww man it is just bodies. :sad: Whats the point of ordering the tan if there are not heads to match...

chantelle
2 hours ago, Courtmom said:

Guys! The 1/4 is being offered in "chocolate" as long as it meets its mimimum!

Whoah that's amazing! Is this just for the taobao? I could not see it on the official website or JanesDollLand. I can't seem to access the taobao.

2 hours ago, Courtmom said:

Wait so are these just the bodies? 🤔

I was wrong. Technically yes, the bodies are being dols seperate from the heads but it also looks like 1/4-1/3 heads are being offered separately. I can't access the taobao but its here on JanesDollLand. They arent the same ones as shown in the preview of the bodies. JanesDollLand doesn't have the tan option but perhaps the taobao has it.

Courtmom
16 minutes ago, chantelle said:

Whoah that's amazing! Is this just for the taobao? I could not see it on the official website or JanesDollLand. I can't seem to access the taobao.

I was wrong. Technically yes, the bodies are being dols seperate from the heads but it also looks like 1/4-1/3 heads are being offered separately. I can't access the taobao but its here on JanesDollLand. They arent the same ones as shown in the preview of the bodies. JanesDollLand doesn't have the tan option but perhaps the taobao has it.

Yup, the chocolate is on the taobao. But the taobao doesn’t have chocolate head options. So I’m wary of even bothering. Like, who wants a body you might never be able to get a head for??

chantelle
11 minutes ago, Courtmom said:

Yup, the chocolate is on the taobao. But the taobao doesn’t have chocolate head options. So I’m wary of even bothering. Like, who wants a body you might never be able to get a head for??

Thats so strange, I wonder if its possible to ask them about it? Maybe they want to see if the chocolate bodies preorders reach the amount they need but then by that logic they could do the same for the heads so I am not sure.

Roserolls

Are the separate heads on Janesdolland vinyl as well? I thought imomodoll made resin heads instead.

I hope they put up irl photos of the dolls and faceups soon, it's kinda difficult to judge based on those renderings what they'll actually look like. I can't find any owner photos of the 1/4 dolls either, though that's probably since they just came out lol.

Also I hope they make chocolate heads available as well. If the tan bodies and heads became available on Janesdolland I would order one in a heartbeat!

chantelle
12 hours ago, Roserolls said:

Are the separate heads on Janesdolland vinyl as well? I thought imomodoll made resin heads instead.

I think so. The description on the listing says they are PVC which I believe is a type of vinyl!

Edited by chantelle

CalicoCollection

I'm so excited for these! I know I definately want to try getting one but I'm unsure if I want to do the chubby or the small chest msd one since I prefer a more genderless look for my dolls. I hope they release images soon so we can all see what they really look like. Overall super excited though! I'm also planning on getting a few of just the heads to try customizing, I wonder if they'll fit my Mdd body or if they'd fit on the TinyFox bodies. 

bananaaether

I'm weak. I preordered the curvy body ^^;;;; I just really like the shape! I'll write a review when I get her...

• Like 2

Richellem

I preordered too! I’m sooo curious about these bodies, I can’t wait to see them in person

0bsequi0us

actual!!!!.jpg.08faf3c47f4696be4930c9a248bd9516.jpg

I found this image on a dealer listing on taobao! It appears to be a notice about a slight color mismatch of the blind box heads and the bodies (I don't really see a mismatch, but maybe I'm getting a bad translation), but more importantly it shows physical examples of the dolls in a finished-looking form!

I don't have sky-high expectations for these dolls considering the price, but they look really good! I'm even more excited now ☺️ The biggest issue I can see is the necks seem really long, but I'm hoping that's because the heads are being placed loosely on the bodies for comparison and may not be fully on.

Edited by 0bsequi0us
typo
  • Like 2

Roserolls
On 11/22/2022 at 5:52 PM, 0bsequi0us said:

actual!!!!.jpg.08faf3c47f4696be4930c9a248bd9516.jpg

I found this image on a dealer listing on taobao! It appears to be a notice about a slight color mismatch of the blind box heads and the bodies (I don't really see a mismatch, but maybe I'm getting a bad translation), but more importantly it shows physical examples of the dolls in a finished-looking form!

I don't have sky-high expectations for these dolls considering the price, but they look really good! I'm even more excited now ☺️ The biggest issue I can see is the necks seem really long, but I'm hoping that's because the heads are being placed loosely on the bodies for comparison and may not be fully on.

Thank you for finding this! It's really helpful to see the bodies in real life.

I'll have to email Janesdolland to see when the 1/4 heads will be back in stock and if the chocolate skintone will be available any time soon and will edit to report back what she says.

EDIT: So she just emailed me back with the info. She said that they just re-opened their 1/4 head orders, but they will be closed again on 11/31. She also said that they are working on new heads, but that they don't have a release date yet so we'll have to wait and see.

Also in regards to the chocolate skintone: she confirmed that they are seeing if there are enough people who want to buy it before making it. If the amount of people that buy it doesn't reach a certain amount, then they'll refund the customers and won't produce it, but if they do reach it then they'll release that skintone. Janesdolland is waiting for them to officially make the announcement and release that skintone before offering it on the site.

Hope this info helps!

Edited by Roserolls
  • Thanks 1

PolitelyNefarious

Look alive!

If you are in the US, or have good luck ordering through US shops, Jane's Doll Land just set up the listing today for the full 1/4th dolls, in tan and white. They come with two different heads from the initial body listing, including their popular Ruby sculpt. Ruby has elf ears, while Miko is a human sculpt with half-closed eyes and a soft 'o' mouth. I am assuming this means she's already up on Imomo's Taobao. However, if you'd like to snag her but don't have the cash, Jane does accept a deposit on preordered goods, with the rest due when your items arrive.

• Like 4

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

0bsequi0us

momomi.jpg.20615c407edf52d96ce00906a1e4437c.jpgmomoru.jpg.4b8b3ae1ebc32ee5cd286d0bbcc04d26.jpg

New images of these ladies dropped! + These are the new heads.

I am so excited, the mystery around these dolls makes me all the more excited to get my hands on one. Apparently (and I'm not holding my breath on this lol) the first wave of them will be shipped before the Chinese New Year. I hope it's like... a week before, so I have a little time to ship them to myself before China goes dark to the world for a week. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

chantelle

Theres a preview of the heads on JaneDollLand’s instagram! The preview includes both skintones

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmNYGl-PKIA/

Theres also previews of the Mimi body dressed here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl7H0UwPb-p/

I am kind of tempted, but I can’t get one of these right now. Plus I’d like to see reviews first. Hopefully they do more pre-orders in the future, the ruby sculpt is very cute.

I was thinking that the Mimi body might make a cute younger sister doll. However I would have to wait and see a comparison with it and the DD line. Although it might be too adultish with its short height to scale well with my DDs.

@Courtmom If you are still interested there are tan heads now!

PolitelyNefarious

@chantelle  I did some comparison measurements between the more mature body (Small bust) and Mochi Ashi, and from what I can tell, she is slightly thicker than Mochi Ashi, usually by no more than a centimeter in places, up to two-ish. These pictures are nice- they allay some of my fears that she just looks as posable. She can definitely sit, and has proper double-jointed elbows. My biggest concern is her hips- how high up can the thighs move? But theoretically, the wider design will combat the issues Mochi Ashi has, and allow for a leg that doesn't pop out, given proper space to maneuver.

• Thanks 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

chantelle
4 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

@chantelle  I did some comparison measurements between the more mature body (Small bust) and Mochi Ashi, and from what I can tell, she is slightly thicker than Mochi Ashi, usually by no more than a centimeter in places, up to two-ish. These pictures are nice- they allay some of my fears that she just looks as posable. She can definitely sit, and has proper double-jointed elbows. My biggest concern is her hips- how high up can the thighs move? But theoretically, the wider design will combat the issues Mochi Ashi has, and allow for a leg that doesn't pop out, given proper space to maneuver.

Thank you so much for this response @PolitelyNefarious! These are great points & observations! 😄 The poseability sounds really promising!

If she doesn't look too out of scale next to a DD I may nab one the next time they are available :3 

PolitelyNefarious

@chantelle  If I understand the measurements correctly, the Mimi body should put her at the same height as MDD, or very close. The measurements are slightly different: MDD's flat bust is 15.5 cm, Imomo's is 16.6. MDD's waist is 13.5, Mimi's is 13.  Of course the biggest difference is those hips- MDD's are 18, Mimi's are 21.5, enough space to hopefully couch the thighs. But everything else checks out: Mochi Ashi's thighs are 13.5, Mimi's are 14, and so on. It seems both precise and deliberate: they've made a fully-proportioned curvy doll that is directly scaled to Mochi Ashi. Theoretically she should be able to wear Mochi Ashi's clothes / regular MDD tops and non-tight dresses. It will all come down to the hips. I believe MDD shoes should fit her too.

Edited by PolitelyNefarious
  • Thanks 1

chantelle
4 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

@chantelle  If I understand the measurements correctly, the Mimi body should put her at the same height as MDD, or very close. The measurements are slightly different: MDD's flat bust is 15.5 cm, Imomo's is 16.6. MDD's waist is 13.5, Mimi's is 13.  Of course the biggest difference is those hips- MDD's are 18, Mimi's are 21.5, enough space to hopefully couch the thighs. But everything else checks out: Mochi Ashi's thighs are 13.5, Mimi's are 14, and so on. It seems both precise and deliberate: they've made a fully-proportioned curvy doll that is directly scaled to Mochi Ashi. Theoretically she should be able to wear Mochi Ashi's clothes / regular MDD tops and non-tight dresses. It will all come down to the hips. I believe MDD shoes should fit her too.

@PolitelyNefarious Thank you so much for this!

This is really helpful information! Its really nice that she can share MDD & Mochi Ashi clothes. I have a MDD and DDP so if I got myself a Mimi they could share clothes 😄

I was hoping she'd be a little taller (ideally between MDD and DDP) but it makes sense since its marketed as a 1/4 doll.

Edited by chantelle

chantelle
24 minutes ago, Courtmom said:

Did anyone else see the teaser at https://creepy-dolls.tumblr.com/post/704735855962701824 for the 68cm vinyl boy????

WOW, it looks great! I love the head sculpt.

I am not really interested in owning a boy doll but this is a great option for those who are! It’s also a lot cuter imo than current vinyl boy options. Also nice that its taller

I hope they make 1/3 girls next 😄 I am so impressed with Imomodoll!

Edited by chantelle
  • Like 1