Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

0bsequi0us

Imomodoll 1/4 Vinyl Dolls??

0bsequi0us

The chubby (Ruby?) body I ordered first has arrived at my agent warehouse! 🤩 Very exciting, I plan to ship it out to myself asap. I've decided that (if it's compatible... it should be) it will claim my Real Doomsday Vinyl head. I have a bunch of the Imomodoll 1/4 blind box heads but I haven't decided how I want to customize them yet.

EDIT: when I went to ship it I realized they put it in a HUGE box (like over 60cm long??) for some reason. 😬 Which will make shipping a nightmare. The box doesn't even fit snugly to the clamshell package like it does for the 1/6 dolls... I'm just gonna have my agent throw the box away, otherwise it would cost twice the price of the base doll just to ship the damn thing. Box looks kinda dinged up anyways...

box.....jpg.dcb4ae980f3bbf3eadc623ef2ce5948e.jpg

Edited by 0bsequi0us
added pic
  • Like 2

TVXD
On 2/10/2023 at 12:41 PM, 0bsequi0us said:

The chubby (Ruby?) body I ordered first has arrived at my agent warehouse! 🤩 Very exciting, I plan to ship it out to myself asap. I've decided that (if it's compatible... it should be) it will claim my Real Doomsday Vinyl head. I have a bunch of the Imomodoll 1/4 blind box heads but I haven't decided how I want to customize them yet.

EDIT: when I went to ship it I realized they put it in a HUGE box (like over 60cm long??) for some reason. 😬 Which will make shipping a nightmare. The box doesn't even fit snugly to the clamshell package like it does for the 1/6 dolls... I'm just gonna have my agent throw the box away, otherwise it would cost twice the price of the base doll just to ship the damn thing. Box looks kinda dinged up anyways...

box.....jpg.dcb4ae980f3bbf3eadc623ef2ce5948e.jpg

I really want to buy Ruby in chocolate but i wanted to make it a boy you think it will be possible? Also I hope you review her on your YouTube channel I really like it.

really sorry about the box btw, but the doll is the most important i guess 😓

Courtmom

Oh I totally forgot to keep updating people here! I’ve been so preoccupied with updating the discord server. 

So the 1/4 have a problem with keeping the arms on. I’ve done some digging on Weibo and it seems only one shoulder cuff made it onto some dolls. I feel, however, that this is a fairly simple fix! Even if it’s annoying to potentially not get a “ready” doll out of the box, to an extent you do get what you pay for and at the price point, there was bound to be a few issues!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Courtmom
4 hours ago, TVXD said:

I really want to buy Ruby in chocolate but i wanted to make it a boy you think it will be possible? Also I hope you review her on your YouTube channel I really like it.

really sorry about the box btw, but the doll is the most important i guess 😓

I’ve thought about making my chocolate Ruby a boy! So I think it’s totally doable! 😊 

• Thanks 1

0bsequi0us

@TVXD tbh I was planning on making one of mine a boy too 🤭 I think it will depend on how prominent the chest is in person/under clothes, but I don't think it will be a problem. I definitely will be making a video about both bodies as soon as I get them too!

@Courtmom Have you seen anything about the ankles? I saw this post from Gokidoll's page and its got me nervous about the stability of the ankles... I can't distinguish what's an actual design flaw in the dolls and what's just the owners displaying them in a strange way. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

aminadolls
On 2/2/2023 at 1:15 AM, aminadolls said:

I just ordered two tan Rubys from their Taobao shop for me and my friend! :)

I’m excited while waiting for them to arrive, though the long waiting time always makes me nervous 😅

While waiting for those two to ship, I’ve been super tempted to buy chocolate skin Miko as well 😭 It’s pretty much impossible to find anime style 1/4 vinyl dolls in a darker skin tone so I might just take this chance! 

I’m not that concerned about the quality since the dolls are so cheap and the company seems to be relatively new, I wouldn’t expect them to be on the same level as, for example, Dollfie Dream (and even they have issues with the joints). 🤷‍♀️

I do hope they figure out the quality control issues!

• Like 1

Courtmom
13 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

@Courtmom Have you seen anything about the ankles? I saw this post from Gokidoll's page and its got me nervous about the stability of the ankles... I can't distinguish what's an actual design flaw in the dolls and what's just the owners displaying them in a strange way. 🤣

I hadn’t seen anything about the ankles yet. I don’t think it’s a stability issue so much as it looks like the feet slip out 🤔. I’ll see if I can do some digging!

Veravey

Excited to see everyone's orders come in! Very curious to see if the quality concerns hold up.

But like @aminadolls said, I'll probably order some anyway due to the price, sculpt, and skin tone options. And hopefully they do figure out any manufacturing problems in the future.

• Like 2

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

TVXD
7 minutes ago, Veravey said:

Excited to see everyone's orders come in! Very curious to see if the quality concerns hold up.

But like @aminadolls said, I'll probably order some anyway due to the price, sculpt, and skin tone options. And hopefully they do figure out any manufacturing problems in the future.

Same I’m not that concern about the quality though I’m sure it’s fine considering the price.

CathyM

Sorry. I posted in the wrong thread.  

Edited by CathyM
  • Like 1

0bsequi0us

IMG_6010.jpeg.ad6ebad56f60ff6083efeacd9d17de25.jpeg

My body arrived! I plopped my Real Doomsday head on it right away and I think it really suits her. ☺️

I'll be doing a video review later, but first impressions:

This body does have some parts that are in need of reworking (for me especially in the legs) but compared to what's on the market I really think it's quite good. The biggest issue I have is that some skeleton parts seem to be "floating" inside the squishy outer shell, and the vinyl parts don't have enough structure to keep them from migrating around. I think this could be fixed by stuffing the thighs with foam or polyfill, so I'm gonna try that out when I get the chance. I could also see going in and shortening the foot rods just a tad so the leg pieces fit more snugly together.

But even as it is, she can stand quite stable. Definitely more reliable than my MDDs, who I don't trust to stand for very long on their own. The vinyl is squishy and pleasant, though a little thin and the finish is a bit messy in places. Arms are very similar to MDD, and have worked fine so far.

Overall she feels like a slightly inferior MDD, but considering the price difference that's perfectly acceptable to me. I do hope they iron out some of these issues in the future, I think they could have an easy enough fix and if these little issues were solved I think these could be an excellent low-cost alternative.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Veravey
3 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

My body arrived! I plopped my Real Doomsday head on it right away and I think it really suits her. ☺️

Oh my goodness I looove her! So much expression. Reminds me a bit of Keiichi Arai's style.

Thanks for the feedback on the skeleton, I've been really curious to see people on this forum commenting on it. I can't wait to order 2! So happy to hear you've happy with the quality for the price, and stuffing sounds like a great idea. Thanks~

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

PolitelyNefarious

@0bsequi0us  Thank you! She looks perfect on it, like she's contemplating "Now that I have legs, what should I do?" 

'Slightly inferior' is better than 'vastly'. We'll take it! I'm curious to see how the two-part torso will measure up, though I'm guessing its a case of parts stability and fit rather than posability that makes her lower quality? 

If it's a case of the thigh part is large and the skeleton wags around in there, stuffing with foam should help, definitely. I've found that stuffing my Dust of Dolls girls' thighs and hip balls always helps stabilize them by holding the elastic in place. This is even better since it's a rigid piece of plastic. And if shortening the foot rods proves necessary, at least it's an easy mod.

How are her shoulders? Did yours come assembled correctly?

So far looking good and I can't wait to see others come in.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg

bananaaether

AHHH, she's so cute!!! And thank you for your review! I'm definitely planning on tinkering a lot with mine whenever I get them, it's worth it for how good the price is.

• Like 1

0bsequi0us

Quick update! After fiddling with her a little more I got up the courage to whittle 1-2mm off of her foot rods, and it seems to help a little! I didn't want to go too crazy all at once, but I think a little more would fix the gapping/moving skeleton issue. I don't think it needs to be stuffed after all, if the outer vinyl pieces are held tighter together that seems like it would fix the skeleton moving around inside. Hopefully this problem is solved in future releases, it seems like it should be an easy fix.

@PolitelyNefarious Yes, definitely the part fitting is the weak link at this point. 😅 I'd say as far as posing is concerned this body is nearly on par with MDD, with the only major con being the single-part torso. I'm guessing just from others' posing videos that the other body likely has MDD beat when it comes to torso mobility.

The shoulders seemed fine at first (I even did the "shake test" like a lot of the weibo videos I've seen) but I ended up taping one arm anyways which totally fixed any looseness. It seems like all parts were as they were supposed to be, but 1 arm was just slightly more prone to coming loose.

She definitely turned out to be a bit of a project, but I'm growing to really love her the more I handle her. Her chunkiness makes her very satisfying to hold and squish. 😗

• Like 6

Courtmom

So I got confirmation that my tan Ruby will be April :(

0bsequi0us

@Courtmom Unfortunately I'm not surprised about that 😔 Though hopefully that means they're taking some extra time to address some of the QC issues in the first batch.

@AwkwardMango I may be wrong, but it looks like they're working on a 75cm body too??? The more muscular one, I'm only guessing from automated translations but I keep seeing them use "75" to refer to him

AwkwardMango

If thats the case then RIP my wallet, I'm going to want to get both. @onion6@

Tira

The head sculpt they have for the 75cm boy is gorgeous and perfect for the character I have in mind. Definitely a better match than SmD Crimson. I'm not sure about the height - 75cm is a lot - but I could probably get him on the 68cm body if I wanted to.

RetroKanojo

Oh boy. Love the muscles, but 75cm is just gonna be too much for me, even 68cm seems ridiculously large. @onion15@

Would a DD head proportionally fit on such a body? I did a quick google search and I think the head circumference of heads that are used for dolls that are this large is about on par with that of DD noggins. I like both of the Imomodoll sculpts, but I think I'd prefer a more 'uniform' look for my collection..

Definitely very excited for the full reveal! I wonder how much they will sell for.. Imomodoll seems really affordable so far, but that's gonna be a big chunk of doll!

Malloruru
On 3/5/2023 at 7:00 AM, Courtmom said:

So I got confirmation that my tan Ruby will be April :(

how did you get confirmation?
I ordered on taobao and my cart says "before may 26" :') dont know how to contact the seller at all

Vampurrr

Sorry if this has been answered before in the thread, but as someone in Australia - where can I order the dolls from?

Super interested in their smaller dolls, and future 75cm boy!

AwkwardMango
1 hour ago, Vampurrr said:

Sorry if this has been answered before in the thread, but as someone in Australia - where can I order the dolls from?

Super interested in their smaller dolls, and future 75cm boy!

You can buy from them with a proxy like super buy, I'm pretty sure they ship to Australia too. 

• Like 1