Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Dollfie Dream x Tsukihime

Roxanne

Arc is coming home! Thanks to my bf who stayed up until the middle of the night to try and get her for me (the clickwar was at 2 a.m. here) bless him 🥺. He also was able to score her princess dress which I really wanted and Yor's sweater dress.

It was a hard choice between going for Arc or Yor, since they are both characters I adore. But two dolls just wasn't feasible. At least we got Yor's outfit so one of my girls will be able to cosplay as her too, which already makes me very happy! 

• Like 5

My instagram! 

archeotech
11 hours ago, Beani said:

If the money got pulled from your account the order confirmation/my page could just be delayed. Or did the money return to your PayPal already? 

Sadly the money was returned after the doll sold out. Paypal was holding the money pending seller acceptance but it took time to fall through. 

• Sad 3

archeotech

So caved in and bought her on YAJ for the more premium price. @_@; I worry she'll go up in value especially after the Volks USA lottery so decided to just get her and at least I won't have to worry any more. Plus cause I got her through an forwarding service I can have the package undervalued and hopefully avoid a chunk of the massive customs value so maybe not too much more than what I'd pay via Volks...

Now I just need to get her outfit set and I'll be sorted. If anyone sees one for a good price or has one to sell send me a pm! 

• Like 6

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, archeotech said:

So caved in and bought her on YAJ for the more premium price. @_@; I worry she'll go up in value especially after the Volks USA lottery so decided to just get her and at least I won't have to worry any more.

Well, I did the same thing, so don't feel too bad. XD 

Her price isn't too bad, and as much as I love supporting Volks USA, I worry she'll be too popular to have a good chance at winning. Setting aside the popularity of the show, she's a gorgeous doll and people will want her just for that so I think striking before she gets rare was a good idea. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

Arc in her additional outfit:

1035912692_untitledshoot-4862.jpg.8fca9a379a353ae1e5f88affe102231b.jpg

She got swapped to an M-bust so don't judge the chest fit by mine. This outfit is huge too.

I kept the short hair on her, and I think Jeanne D'Arc may borrow the wig for a bit.

• Like 9

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao

Congrats on Arcueid. I was very tempted but I'm very happy with Yor.

I still don't understand how people got the girls in the clickwars... I failed to load the website at all.

Both girls will be hugely sought after in the future (unless they're rebooted... but that will only make them even more popular).

• Thanks 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Roxanne

Arc finally made it home!

She arrived at my boyfriend's place about 2 weeks ago but since he fell ill and we don't live too close to each other to just "hop on by quickly" she had to wait until now to be freed from her box!

eK6guyV.jpg

After my last doll being Y'shtola, who had an amazing (and probably the most beautiful) box I've ever seen, I was initially a bit surprised to see they went back to the old simple box for Arc. But after giving it some thought it fits her well, as she should have that "oldskool" feel to her after all!

oihLdox.jpg

She is absolutely stunning and I am in love. Despite her casual outfit being such a simple design, they really made it in a way where it's absolutely stunning to look at and they really used all the right fabrics to make it look more interesting and high quality. Especially her boots I am absolutely smitten by. I also love the way her little skirt flares out!

tmYE4wQ.jpg

She is so beautiful. Love her little smirk! 

YW6Jzyu.jpg

Arc showing off her ride home. "I came all this way from Volks JP!"

rCaY405.jpg

And of course; Spoiled Arc with her Princess set! I am so thankful for my boyfriend staying up until 2 a.m. to grab these for me. Not only does he accept my doll hobby, he goes as far as to do things like this for me. Which I'm so thankful for! It's amazing to have a partner that is so supporting in my "crazy" hobby, and I truly feel blessed for it!

• Like 10

My instagram! 

BeyondTime
13 minutes ago, Monty said:

Ciel is here!

She's cute and I love that black dress.

Monty
31 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

She's cute and I love that black dress.

I assume it’s the extra outfit and her default is the glasses version? At least it probably won’t be as expensive as Arc’s extra outfit. Edit: Oh the tweet actually confirms the opposite, it’s her school uniform set that’s the extra outfit. I thought it was the other way around due to the placement of the photos and her school uniform set having more in common with what Arc came in.

edit 2: Am I crazy or is that a new hand part?

Edited by Monty

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, Monty said:

edit 2: Am I crazy or is that a new hand part?

It looks like 3 small swords wedged in between her fingers.

Monty
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

It looks like 3 small swords wedged in between her fingers.

Yeah but I meant I can’t think of any hand part that looks like that where all the fingers are separated to allow for that, so I think it is new.

BeyondTime
35 minutes ago, Monty said:

Yeah but I meant I can’t think of any hand part that looks like that where all the fingers are separated to allow for that, so I think it is new.

We'll have to see, but it may just be a hand they modded for the photos. 

Monty
36 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

We'll have to see, but it may just be a hand they modded for the photos. 

Given that she needs those hands to hold the weapons at all I would assume she does actually come with them. Both her hands are like that, not just the one with the weapons.

Volks have previously shown dolls with hands they don’t come with but they have always still been existing hand parts (ie Kagamine Rin’s photos showing painted nail hands that aren’t available, but are still technically existing ones) but these seem to be entirely new hands rather than modified, and it would be odd to go to the trouble of molding new parts just for sales pics.

Mainly I just hope they are new and that they sell them separately because they remind me a lot of some SuperDollfie hands I have that I really like - the fingers are all separated like that with the same curled palm so the fingers can be interlaced together like Gendo Ikari’s signature pose. (I actually call them ‘the Gendo hands’)

Galvatim

Ciel looks great!  I was considering getting Kagamine Rin, but I'll save for Ciel instead.  I have a 1/8 scale figure of Ciel posed holding the swords like that, it's always been a fav of mine.  The dress is even wired to match the art, and show off her cool boots.  Nice to see Volks will probably go the extra mile here, although that figure I have is also holding a knife in her left hand...  But that could be a change for the Tsukihime remake.  

Xiongmao

I'm not too sure if I want Ciel but I really love that nun outfit. It's funny we were just talking about nun outfits for DD at the weekend's Zoom Meeting.

She would definitely be a good companion for new arrival Erica Fontaine.

• Haha 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Xiongmao

OK Ciel is now coming (hopefully). I really love her outfits (we've hopefully secured her other one, mostly because of the cool glasses).

I think I have a kind of plan to turn her into Violet Evergarden, but I'll wait to see what she's like irl.

I'm in a major anime phase right now so I'll add Tsukihime to my list. Anohana is next after Violet Evergarden 😵.

Tira
1 hour ago, Xiongmao said:

OK Ciel is now coming (hopefully). I really love her outfits (we've hopefully secured her other one, mostly because of the cool glasses).

I think I have a kind of plan to turn her into Violet Evergarden, but I'll wait to see what she's like irl.

I'm in a major anime phase right now so I'll add Tsukihime to my list. Anohana is next after Violet Evergarden 😵.

Tsukihime is a visual novel, rather than an anime. (There's technically an anime adaptation, but fans refuse to admit it actually exists.) There is a manga adaptation that's fairly good, although it's mostly Arc's route so I'm not sure how much Ciel appears. The dollfies are based on the recently released remake, which hasn't been translated.

Your best bet if you want to learn more about Ciel is Melty Blood Type Lumina, which is in the same continuity as the remake. You can also play the original VN, though I'll warn you that there's some (extremely awkward) 18+ content. It's not particularly story relevant and you can easily skip it, though. There's also Carnival Phantasm... which, while hilarious, is an insane gag anime that only (barely) makes sense if you know Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.

• Like 1

Xiongmao
On 4/24/2023 at 8:03 PM, Tira said:

There's also Carnival Phantasm... which, while hilarious, is an insane gag anime that only (barely) makes sense if you know Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.

I just bought a Saber outfit, so I'll have to check out Fate/Stay Night and the related shows. I'm currently watching Attack on Titan (which is outstanding).

I just realised there's a Christmas Saber too. At least I think it's a Saber (Santa Alter 🎅).

• Like 1

Galvatim
8 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

I just bought a Saber outfit, so I'll have to check out Fate/Stay Night and the related shows. I'm currently watching Attack on Titan (which is outstanding).

I just realised there's a Christmas Saber too. At least I think it's a Saber (Santa Alter 🎅).

Yep, Santa Alter is Saber, one of the 3 versions of Saber Alter Volks has released.  Since you plan to watch the series, I won't spoil it, but she's an alternative version of Saber, same base character, but with some differences. 

• Like 2

BeyondTime

Ciel is now low stock on Volks Japan. 

Xiongmao
On 5/15/2023 at 7:11 PM, BeyondTime said:

Ciel is now low stock on Volks Japan. 

She is a terrific DD. I have many (many, many) girls now but Ciel is unexpectedly my current most popular girl.

I expect her already sold out alternative outfit will become a minor grail. She seems to wear it in the franchise more than she does the nun-like outfit Volks put her in. The outfit will also become highly sought after due to it coming with a pair of glasses.

I'll dress Ciel as Ciel sometime but I absolutely adore her in the Miku wig and school uniform she's currently wearing.

I still wonder if I should have gone for Arcueid but having watched a lot of Moon Youtubes I much prefer Ciel's character.

I'm sure Volks will continue with licensed characters. Anime is still nowhere near peak popularity, as even groundbreaking shows like Attack on Titan haven't gone mainstream.

Subaru
6 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

She is a terrific DD. I have many (many, many) girls now but Ciel is unexpectedly my current most popular girl.

I expect her already sold out alternative outfit will become a minor grail. She seems to wear it in the franchise more than she does the nun-like outfit Volks put her in. The outfit will also become highly sought after due to it coming with a pair of glasses.

I'll dress Ciel as Ciel sometime but I absolutely adore her in the Miku wig and school uniform she's currently wearing.

I still wonder if I should have gone for Arcueid but having watched a lot of Moon Youtubes I much prefer Ciel's character.

I'm sure Volks will continue with licensed characters. Anime is still nowhere near peak popularity, as even groundbreaking shows like Attack on Titan haven't gone mainstream.

The Tsukihime anime was really popular and a resounding success. So I think it only makes sense that Ciel will skyrocket in value once she sells out.

The dvd prices for the anime are kind of pricy these days.

Edited by Subaru
  • Haha 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy