Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Vampurrr

Wig size for AP Elle?

Vampurrr

Heya! I'm going to be getting an AP Elle soon, so I'm looking at clothes and wigs, but I'm just a little confused on wig size.

I've seen some people say 6-7" is perfect for AP, but then for Elle, others have bought a 7-8" wig. I know Elle has a pretty different sculpt, but I wasn't sure if her actual head is much bigger.
Should I be getting a 7-8" wig for a good fit on Elle?

Thank you :)

Tierparkzone

Elle's/Ellie's head is an Obitsu 50-04. This head is about the same size as many DD heads, so wigs made for DD (8-9 inch) will work best on her. A stretchy 7-8 miiiiight still work, but a 6-7 is definitely too small for her.

Most APs are about 1/4th scale, Elle/Ellie is more a small character in 1/3rd scale - that's why she fits in well with DDs or SmDs.

• Like 1

Vampurrr
3 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

Elle's/Ellie's head is an Obitsu 50-04. This head is about the same size as many DD heads, so wigs made for DD (8-9 inch) will work best on her. A stretchy 7-8 miiiiight still work, but a 6-7 is definitely too small for her.

Most APs are about 1/4th scale, Elle/Ellie is more a small character in 1/3rd scale - that's why she fits in well with DDs or SmDs.

Oh! That's awesome. Now my DDs can share wigs with her.
Thank you! 😄

Testament

Obitsu 50-04 is the only head I own that cannot share wig with my other AP girls. I don't remember if I bought a 7-8" or a 8-9"...

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Tierparkzone
1 hour ago, chef_mai said:

The official wigs they're selling for Elle/Ellie on the AP site are size 8-9.

https://quarantotto.biz/angelphilia/ポニーテールウィッグ-オレンジブラウン<8〜9イ-8624.html

Interestingly, this AP ponytail wig is more on the roomy side and I had to use a silicon cap to keep it from sliding off Ellie's head too easily.

Did not have that issue with other wigs in the supposedly same size range, such as Himekazura M-size, Dollce 9 inch, or even some other AP wigs made for Elle/Ellie.

Edit:

But also note that on the official page for every AP doll release, you'll find some technical data, including the recommended wig size for the doll. It will look somewhat like this:

■ヘッド: オビツ50-04 (入れ目式/目袋サイズ20mm、ウィッグサイズ/8〜9インチ ...

So as we can see, for Elle/Ellie the recommendation is indeed 8-9 inch (in bold).

Edited by Tierparkzone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Vampurrr
29 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

Interestingly, this AP ponytail wig is more on the roomy side and I had to use a silicon cap to keep it from sliding off Ellie's head too easily.

Did not have that issue with other wigs in the supposedly same size range, such as Himekazura M-size, Dollce 9 inch, or even some other AP wigs made for Elle/Ellie.

Edit:

But also note that on the official page for every AP doll release, you'll find some technical data, including the recommended wig size for the doll. It will look somewhat like this:

So as we can see, for Elle/Ellie the recommendation is indeed 8-9 inch (in bold).

Is it possible for overseas customers to purchase from that website?

The Elle I'm buying doesn't come with a wig, but I freakin love that ponytail wig.

chef_mai

You'll need to go through a proxy to buy from them.

4 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

I'm hoping they eventually re-issue that braided wig you've linked to, but it seems pretty rare for them to revisit older clothes and wigs.

Edited by chef_mai

ragnamuffin

I'm hoping they eventually re-issue that braided wig you've linked to, but it seems pretty rare for them to revisit older clothes and wigs.

If you email Tommy and ask, he might get some in stock for you. Sometimes these stores just need to know there’s demand.

Vampurrr
5 hours ago, chef_mai said:

You'll need to go through a proxy to buy from them.

I've been trying to track down that wig, it's so cute :(

ragnamuffin

Does Tommy listen to overseas customers? 😅

I can ask for you if you’d like 😄

• Thanks 1

Vampurrr
2 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

@chef_mai @Vampurrr

He said he’s planning on making/selling it again someday, but doesn’t know when yet.

Oh seriously?! That's awesome!! I can't wait 😁

chef_mai

Thanks for asking! I'm hoping it will be the wig for my third character's doll down the line.

• Like 1