Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Roserolls

FINALLY can introduce Moe!

Roserolls

So uh, this has kinda been a bit of an ordeal. Back in October I ordered a DD Moe off of Mandarake for a really reasonable price due to her right shoulder being completely broken. I ordered the replacement part off of Coolcat (as well as the shoulder and hip reinforcements, which thank goodness I did), but Moe herself arrived much earlier than the part so she was just kinda hanging around in her box for a while. When the part arrived I was super happy to finally fix her up and get her dressed, but when I went to insert her arms (that were packaged separately) into her torso, her left forearm just kinda...fell out. Upon inspection I found that the left shoulder peg was completely snapped in half next to the screw 😱. In addition to that, BOTH her hips had huge cracks in them as well. I contacted Mandarake since none of those where disclosed in the listing but they said they weren't there when they did the inspection either, so they think it must've been caused during shipping 😐. So then I had to order the shoulder pegs from Coolcat and wait for them to arrive as well. But they finally did!

So here she finally is in her default...except the shoes, because guess what? One of the heels snapped clean off when I was trying to put them on, so they're currently being repaired 😓. At least I got another outfit for her as well.

20221213_142836.jpg.b3e144f222fb65e77b0aa0528c32331b.jpg20221213_144325.jpg.7a229c22d81a3cfefe67a3fe8ade9f9e.jpg

Moe was actually the first Dollfie Dream I ever saw, and it was kinda love at first sight! After seeing her I fell down the DD and anime bjd rabbit hole and now here I am! Despite all the trouble she caused me, I can't believe I finally have her! My younger self would be freaking out lol I'm so happy! ☺️💖

• Like 16

Vampurrr

Moe is adorable!!!

She was also my first DD. Her sweet face really caught my eye. Congratulations!

• Like 1

Stupid_Hoomun

It's a shame her arrival became a bit of an ordeal for you. Well worth waiting for the parts to come, she looks amazing!

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Wow she has quite a backstory with weeks of hospital stays and expensive medical bills.

I like the pink and black plaid outfit.

I don't know if I would buy any vintage Dollfies. I like Fortune Arterial and Haruhi Suzumiya as they were big when I visited Japan. Right now I'm more focussed on acquring their outfits. I did nearly buy Haruhi a couple of years ago, but she looked like she needed extensive hospitalisation to bring her back to her former glory.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

PolitelyNefarious

@Roserolls  It sounds like she was in dire need of the perfect home! Thank goodness she got you. I am sorry to hear you had such a poor experience. Mandarake is usually a great resource and not just for dolls, but it's true; they don't always catch everything. I've had rusty screws and loose joints in older action figures.

There is something special about those sculpts that first catch your attention. Getting to handle them personally is cathartic. It is not hard to tell even from these photos that she is well-loved. Biggest congratulations on finally getting her together!

• Like 3

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

black_magicat

im sorry for the bad experience, but wow she is so cute!!! Looks like shes happy to finally be repaired and out of the box and into a cute new outfit, congrats on your your new addition!

• Like 3

puxlavoix
On 12/14/2022 at 3:17 AM, Xiongmao said:

vintage Dollfies

Never ever heard that term before to refer to any of the previous DD and don't think suits them.

They don't age as other items to be referred as an antique, nor have been made at least 40 -100 years or so ago to have become "fundamentally" aged, dated or so different to be placed into such category. If anything most of them are very sought-after dolls from a not so distant time when the foundation of everything that exists now was laid. They very much stay in vogue for the DD connoisseur.

• Like 1

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

puxlavoix

It was certainly an ordeal what you went through. In my experience though all that time spent fixing them up really goes towards speeding up the bonding process. 

Moe is she's such a cutie!! I KNOW sooner or later she's gonna join my DD lineup. As a matter of fact I think I almost adopted her before you cause I was so hung up on her around the same time on Manda too but suddenly needed to make some car repairs and had to let her go.

So glad for you! Congratulations!

Edited by puxlavoix
  • Like 2

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png