Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Dollfie Dream 20th Anniversary Project

Monty
14 hours ago, finnleo said:

So I wonder if the refresh concept is based on a tony illustration now.

It is. I don’t know if it’s online officially yet, but the Volks News issue had the Tony illustration of them they based the faceups off. You can see it on the second slide here, but it will hopefully be on the Volks site soon too in order to see it better. https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctd0EUsou7D/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

finnleo

mm, well so far the scale full print gatcha T-shirt is the only clue of the Tony angle online (and the T2 twitter retweet of the subject).

but it explains a few things, like the harmonization of the looks of the two (While Tony art is nice, it still has its own stylistic repetitions no matter what the character type is.)

Monty

The new polls are up! They’re MDD/DDS/DDdy/DDP.

Rerelease poll:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/special/dd20th/project04.html

Suggestion poll:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/special/dd20th/project05.html

I really want DDS Castoria (FGO) and MDD Dejiko (DiGi Charat) so that’s where most of my days suggestion votes will be going.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Beani
1 hour ago, Monty said:

The new polls are up! They’re MDD/DDS/DDdy/DDP.

Rerelease poll:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/special/dd20th/project04.html

Time to start voting in vain for Kud! Arle totally drowned her out last time and now I’m guessing Rem and Ram will block everyone else though I totally understand people wanting them. I’m lucky to have both at home. 

And if not them Sailor Moon will likely be far more desired than the older dolls given her increasing price. 

Tokimemofan
11 minutes ago, Beani said:

Time to start voting in vain for Kud! Arle totally drowned her out last time and now I’m guessing Rem and Ram will block everyone else though I totally understand people wanting them. I’m lucky to have both at home. 

And if not them Sailor Moon will likely be far more desired than the older dolls given her increasing price. 

Honestly I see Rem and Ram as pretty much a near certainty.  I don’t however see much hope for anything sailor moon unless whatever licensing issue prevented Jupiter and Venus from being released on the English site gets resolved 

• Like 1

Monty
2 hours ago, Beani said:

Even though they’re all grouped together, I hope it won’t just be only one or two that gets a rerelease. (I at least hope for 1 DDS and 1 MDD at minimum…) 
I’ll toss a vote Kud’s way on some days - she’s a real cute sculpt.

Beani
2 hours ago, Tokimemofan said:

Honestly I see Rem and Ram as pretty much a near certainty.  I don’t however see much hope for anything sailor moon unless whatever licensing issue prevented Jupiter and Venus from being released on the English site gets resolved 

If licensing would stop them rereleasing the dolls then they likely wouldn’t be in the poll. Even if the Scouts can’t be released overseas there’s still high demand in Japan and that’s the core market for Volks. 

But yeah my bet is on Rem and Ram. I wonder if they would ever consider releasing only one without the other. If so, I feel Ram may win out as she seems more popular to those who haven’t seen the show.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Even though they’re all grouped together, I hope it won’t just be only one or two that gets a rerelease. (I at least hope for 1 DDS and 1 MDD at minimum…) 
I’ll toss a vote Kud’s way on some days - she’s a real cute sculpt.

I hope for more than one or two as well (at least some different body types) but won’t hold my breath. Thanks in advance for throwing some votes Kuds way! She really is adorable and while some recent Dream Choice (or was it Dcoord?) gets close to her I want the actual character (preferably on DDP but again not holding my breath..).

Roxanne

Too bad the remaining body types all got put together. It makes it really hard to choose.
My votes for re-release go to the white version of Sasara, Louise and Anthy. I  might switch it up with Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus next time.

As for suggestion I'll be voting every single day for Holo. I already have a custom one but I'd love for my all-time favourite girl to get an official release!
And I think it is a reasonable suggestion with the new Anime coming next year.

My instagram! 

Thespian

I agree that Rem and Ram are basically guaranteed as some point, especially since Emilia's had two releases to date. I could also see another Sasara making it to production, just because she's still fairly sought-after by collectors who aren't familiar with To Heart 2.

I'd love a rerelease of Anthy, but I doubt that will succeed given that she was released very recently compared to most of the other options (more tawny dolls please, Volks!!). I'll probably vote primarily for Anthy and Alice Kuonji, but I do love Ram's grumpy little face and I'd love to see an updated version of one of the MDDs.

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

finnleo

Some update to the T2 / Tony angle I guess from what I can see (Still not creating a twitter account).

But Tony posted the moe/natsuki concept image on his pixiv a few days ago, although not in huge resolution (Not putting a link, because... pixiv, so tread lightly).

Because of reasons already mentioned a few times here and elsewhere im not investing in the two actual dolls, although if moe's outfit comes up for grabs, its something I'd consider getting, since the sneakers look sort of cute with the plaid flaps. natsuki's outfit feels a bit bland, although for reasons unexplained I've always liked moe's outfits better.

As a side note, overall Im a bit dissapointed in the illustration, since it feels very flat, sort of like it was phoned in as they like to say. especially when its posted in Tony's pixiv where his other stuff is right there either side for comparison.

Edit, Ze picture (thought process was interrupted a bit):

53056610901_5c9b82c227_o.jpg

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

That_Dollfie_Dude

I would love to get Moe.  She's so cute and it looks like her outfit would be less prone to staining than Natsuki's. 

By the way, does anyone else think they might refresh the standard model lineup as part of the 20th anniversary project?  That seems like something that could make sense to me. 

finnleo
11 minutes ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

By the way, does anyone else think they might refresh the standard model lineup as part of the 20th anniversary project?  That seems like something that could make sense to me.

If my memory serves me correct, the standard model refreshes have followed body generation releases up to a point (which is still visible in the international store offerings).

What they've been doing along the years is swapping the standard models from general DDH heads to character specific one's, so I wouldnt be surprised with the MDD refresh that if Liliru, that's still the last DDH based one in active production to get swapped with something else. But that depends on how much volks wants to change tradition (insert fiddler on the roof reference here).

Faceup upgrades to the lineup might be a thing too.

Monty
8 hours ago, finnleo said:

What they've been doing along the years is swapping the standard models from general DDH heads to character specific one's, so I wouldnt be surprised with the MDD refresh that if Liliru, that's still the last DDH based one in active production to get swapped with something else.

Liliru is already her own sculpt, so all the current gen of standards have been since that trio (Liliru/Karin/Towa) was introduced.
As an aside I had a moment of thinking ‘new standards? Didn’t they all literally just come out?’ and then realised that was 5 or 6 years ago already…

• Like 3

That_Dollfie_Dude

Considering that Volks has "Akihabara Girls" as a whole category of Dollfie Dreams unto itself, they sure don't release many of them.  Have the past releases been lotteries or preorders? 

Thespian
2 hours ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

Considering that Volks has "Akihabara Girls" as a whole category of Dollfie Dreams unto itself, they sure don't release many of them.  Have the past releases been lotteries or preorders? 

They're lottery girls. I'm not sure what internal factors influence their decision to add to/re-release a doll from the Akihabara lineup, but they do appear on occasion.

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

finnleo
5 hours ago, Monty said:

Liliru is already her own sculpt

my bad, apparently while going through them line skipped between head and body specs (hands being DD-H01) while checking the details (Since I wasnt sure about karin and coron).

Victoria
On 7/18/2023 at 5:15 PM, fishbuttz said:

I agree that Rem and Ram are basically guaranteed as some point, especially since Emilia's had two releases to date.

Besides the increasing popularity of the character I suppose one reason for the rerelease of Emilia was to update her faceup so that it matches better with the one of Rem and Ram. (purple eye shadow ftw 😎

Xiongmao

Wow so many awesome DD!

I voted for:

• 017 Amaha Miu: She's super cute and we already have her other outfit.
  • 036 Sasara (Gothic Version): Cute DD and another cute outfit.
  • 056 Ranko Kanzaki 2nd ver: I'm not familiar with this character but that outfit is awesome. I'm also a sucker for grey wigs as I really adore the Miku Empty Sekai one.

I'm resigned to Rem and Ram or the Sailor Moons being re-released.

For new characters, I voted for Takina and Chisato from Lycoris Recoil. They'd make a great pair of DDS. It's good they wear different outfits, so they'd both be quite distinctive. A fun Easter egg would be Takina wearing a pair boy shorts like she wears in one of the episodes.

The anime flew under the radar a bit, but it has spawned a huge number of memes.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

RyuichiSakuma13
On 8/1/2023 at 10:22 AM, di-chan123 said:

Moe and Natsuki’s pages are up on the official site 

Moe:https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/akihabara_girls/dd_moe_20th.html

Natsuki:https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/akihabara_girls/dd_natsuki_20th.html

At the bottom of the page it appears they will be on the Volks website September 2nd (no further details yet)

I'm not familiar with these girls, but I would love that guitar for Miku!

Ryu

pyoko

I would love a DDS Melty re-release, but don't know if she has a chance. Voted for her, fingers crossed. 

Is there information when they will announce the "winners" that will be re-released? 

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, pyoko said:

Is there information when they will announce the "winners" that will be re-released?

In the past there hasn't been a formal winners announcement, they just release the doll with a Best of the Best logo at one of their events. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ragnamuffin

I’m only just getting around to reading the latest replies in this thread, but for anyone interested in Alice’s Penguin Kigurumi, I made a post about it late last year:

• Like 1

finnleo

So, apparently the Moe / Natsuki twosome were released at some point. and at the moment of writing this surprisingly to me Moe seems to be still available for anyone interested.

As a side note, its sort of interesting that both came with a refreshed cappuchino plush, while I think a Espresso one for Natsuki would have been more appropreate ... then again Espresso was a Mariko add on if I recall correct.