Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Resilient

Protection from sunlight

Resilient

Hi,

I just bought a full Smart Doll in a cocoa skintone and a cinnamon body whose heads are coming in the mail. I was wondering how I could exhibit both of them while considering that sunlight could harm them. I don't want to put them back in their boxes for the day. Like, can I get them out in a room with a window that's covered by curtains ?

Thanks for your knowledge and your advice,

Resilient

sig.png

Stupid_Hoomun

Hello,

They should be ok if they are not left in direct sunlight but having them in a room with the curtains closed is where I keep mine and she has been fine.

battrastard

There's another post about this, but I'm currently having the "brain-farts" and just got home from work, too. 

3M makes peel-and-stick window film that can block UV rays, which is what yellows vinyl. If you aren't able to/allowed to, it can also be taped up instead.

There are other brands/manufacturers out there, also. Amazon should have some varieties. 

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Resilient

Thanks for the response.

Leaving them smack-dab against the uncovered window is not a thing to do but can I leave them six feet away from it ? I don't think I'll always want to display them without some sunshine. Is that something one can do ?

Thanks.

sig.png

Resilient
4 minutes ago, battrastard said:

There's another post about this, but I'm currently having the "brain-farts" and just got home from work, too. 

3M makes peel-and-stick window film that can block UV rays, which is what yellows vinyl. If you aren't able to/allowed to, it can also be taped up instead.

There are other brands/manufacturers out there, also. Amazon should have some varieties. 

Okay. Does the peel alternative remain ''peelable'' for a long time ? Something like 5 years, let's say. I might move after a long while and I'll want to be able to leave with the windows in a good state.

What is the taped up thing ?

Thanks.

sig.png

battrastard

3 minutes ago, Resilient said:

Okay. Does the peel alternative remain ''peelable'' for a long time ?

No. It's like tint for cars, once it's on, it takes a lot of hard "elbow grease" and literally an act of god to get it off and leave a clean look.

3 minutes ago, Resilient said:

What is the taped up thing ?

Literally, don't peel it, just use some clear tape on the edges to hold it in place.

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Resilient

I could but do you think the window film would work ?

sig.png

battrastard
Resilient

Hi,

I'll check this out. Thanks.

Resilient

sig.png