Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Vampurrr

Trouble with loose leg

Vampurrr

Hi there!

I recently got AP Elle, and stuffed her thighs. When I removed one, it has gotten super loose and is falling out even when I just pick her up. I've also noticed one leg almost seems.. shorter?

I've tried adjusting the ring on the thigh, which unfortunately didn't seem to make a difference at all.

Included some pictures if it helps. Thank you!

20221222_190938.jpg

20221222_185909.jpg

20221222_185749.jpg

Jezrah

To me it looks like you didn't get the thigh "bone" back into it's socket, you just got it inserted up into the fluff. If you have it lined up to ho into the socket you should have to push pretty firmly to get the knee seated back where it belongs.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Tierparkzone

There's also a chance the thigh bone (peg) is pushed in too much into the knee joint, not leaving enough peg length to fully seat into the hip joint.

a) Try pulling the peg out of the knee joint by about 2mm (or so far that it doesn't sit too lose), then reattach the leg to the hip joint and see if it got better.

b) Pull the peg out completely and insert it into the hip joint, so it sits tight. Then reattach the knee joint.

• Like 1

Vampurrr
9 hours ago, Jezrah said:

To me it looks like you didn't get the thigh "bone" back into it's socket, you just got it inserted up into the fluff. If you have it lined up to ho into the socket you should have to push pretty firmly to get the knee seated back where it belongs.

I know it looks that way, but I've checked multiple times since getting her and having this issue, and it is most definitely in the socket :(

Vampurrr
9 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

There's also a chance the thigh bone (peg) is pushed in too much into the knee joint, not leaving enough peg length to fully seat into the hip joint.

a) Try pulling the peg out of the knee joint by about 2mm (or so far that it doesn't sit too lose), then reattach the leg to the hip joint and see if it got better.

b) Pull the peg out completely and insert it into the hip joint, so it sits tight. Then reattach the knee joint.

To double check, the peg is in the upper thigh part with the ring on it, or on her calf piece? Just checking as she's my first obitsu frame and still getting used to terminology.

Thank you! 😊

Tierparkzone
23 minutes ago, Vampurrr said:

To double check, the peg is in the upper thigh part with the ring on it, or on her calf piece?

With the peg (or thigh bone), I mean the plastic rods in the below picture. - The ones with the score markings.
You can pull these out of the knee joints.

15 hours ago, Vampurrr said:

20221222_185909.jpg

• Like 1

chef_mai

What you want to do is pull the thigh bone out of the knee joint, as @Tierparkzone displays above. It won't pull out if you tug straight, but if you grip the cylindrical part of the joint with one hand and apply a twisting motion JUST to the rod with your other hand, it'll come loose.

The easy fix is to pull it out just a little (by about 1cm), but if you want assurance, pull it out entirely and then re-insert it partially, rather than all the way. Then re-attach to the body. This should be enough to fix your issue. 

• Like 1

Vampurrr
2 hours ago, chef_mai said:

What you want to do is pull the thigh bone out of the knee joint, as @Tierparkzone displays above. It won't pull out if you tug straight, but if you grip the cylindrical part of the joint with one hand and apply a twisting motion JUST to the rod with your other hand, it'll come loose.

The easy fix is to pull it out just a little (by about 1cm), but if you want assurance, pull it out entirely and then re-insert it partially, rather than all the way. Then re-attach to the body. This should be enough to fix your issue. 

It's in so tight that my partner and I are both struggling to even twist it. It's making me nervous xD

Vampurrr
2 hours ago, chef_mai said:

13 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

I managed to pull it out completely, try it at different lengths, and unfortunately it's made no difference so far.
I even tried putting into the hip joint, then the knee joint, and it is still just as loose as before.

I messaged Mandarake about it, as maybe there's a crack somewhere. I'm not sure, but her leg falls out sometimes just with me picking her up.

• Sad 1

Vampurrr
1 hour ago, Tierparkzone said:

If it remains loose even if you push the peg all the way into the hip joint, that indeed sounds like the socket is cracked. 😥

That sucks. My first AP too 😓

Hopefully Mandarake will get back to me about it. I sent them pictures and video of it.

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, Vampurrr said:

That sucks. My first AP too 😓

Hopefully Mandarake will get back to me about it. I sent them pictures and video of it.

It’s basically a rite of passage for the Obitsu frame to break somewhere shortly after use, so welcome to the club 😁

Vampurrr
56 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

It’s basically a rite of passage for the Obitsu frame to break somewhere shortly after use, so welcome to the club 😁

Ahhhh! Well it's good to know I'm part of a club 🤣

Is Mandarake good with handling these kinda things? It was never mentioned on the listing, but I somehow doubt they'd send a new frame lol

Astraea

I don't have any experience with contacting Mandarake for damaged/faulty items, but in the unfortunate case that they can't help you (though I really hope they can😢) that hip part is in stock on on Parabox for 1,826yen (https://paraboxshop.jp/goods_en_jpy_2448.html), and since it's a fully internal part it should be okay that the skin tone isn't tan like the rest of her. I hope they can help you out but if not you've still got options to fix her!

• Like 1

Vampurrr
On 12/24/2022 at 4:03 PM, Astraea said:

I don't have any experience with contacting Mandarake for damaged/faulty items, but in the unfortunate case that they can't help you (though I really hope they can😢) that hip part is in stock on on Parabox for 1,826yen (https://paraboxshop.jp/goods_en_jpy_2448.html), and since it's a fully internal part it should be okay that the skin tone isn't tan like the rest of her. I hope they can help you out but if not you've still got options to fix her!

They got back to me and said they'd send my issue to their doll people and see what they can do, so we'll see!

Thank you! If they can't really help, I'll definitely be getting a new hip piece 😊

Edited by Vampurrr
  • Like 2

Vampurrr

Mandarake got back to me!~

They said unfortunately they could not provide a fix for me, but they could refund me a portion (10%)
I'll be using the partial refund to buy her a new hip joint! 😄

• Like 2