Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Stupid_Hoomun

Stupid Hoomun with a camera.

ragnamuffin
33 minutes ago, Stupid_Hoomun said:

Thanks. The wig was an ebay find. It was sold as used by a private seller so I'm afraid I don't know where it originated from.

Oh bummer. Well, great find. It’s gorgeous! 🤩

(And if you ever want to get rid of it, please think of me 🥺👉👈)

Stupid_Hoomun
On 1/26/2023 at 9:37 AM, ragnamuffin said:

Oh bummer. Well, great find. It’s gorgeous! 🤩

(And if you ever want to get rid of it, please think of me 🥺👉👈)

Thanks, it was an impulse buy, I'm still waiting on another wig I got for her, a dark red one with twin tails but I doubt I will be changing them as this one is really in character for her. If I ever see another I will grab it for you 🙂

Edited by Stupid_Hoomun
  • Thanks 1

Stupid_Hoomun

A bit of free time this morning so I took some photo's of Mort.

Mort002.jpg

Mort004.jpg

Mort005.jpg

Mort007.jpg

• Like 15

MagicalRozen

Awe she is so cute! I really love how much personality she gives off! Fantastic photos ❤

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, Ann, Sana, Kana, Robin, Amane, And Others That May Come And Go.

Stupid_Hoomun

I've had 2 new arrivals that I've been meaning to photograph. I finally got round to getting a few hastily taken snaps of them this morning.

First up is my custom DDH-04 with a DDS body. A head I saw on Mandarake a few months ago. I really liked her face up and was so glad she never got sold in the months she was in my favorites list. Her wig is a Volks biscuit gold colour W-169D and her outfit is the Idolmaster Dressy Alice set. We particularly like the rabbit ears. We decided to call her Rini.

Rini001.jpg

Rini003.jpg

The newest arrival saw me dial it back and aquire a 2005 DD Samurai Jupiter Sirius prototype MO (anniversary model), again from Mandarake. Unknown to me at the time of order, she lacks an internal frame and is strung with elastic cord. The tension in the elastic seams to manifest at her hips so she likes to bend in the middle. She can't stand or sit and her favorite position is somewhere between horizontal and, well, horizontal. Not to be defeated and leave her in her box until I got her a new body, I spent a couple of days designing and 3D printing a stand for her. It works to some extent but she still tries to lean forwards if you so much as breath near her. Despite her age, almost everything was in excellent condition but once I had got hold of her shoes, the surface of the synthetic leather started to flake off and they were pretty much ruined before she even got to wear them. Her wig also has some faulty wefts that stick out at un-natural angles. I've tried my best to hide them for the following photos and tame the static. Her cat ears aren't the original cloth ones she came with, I 3D printed her some new ones that are fixed to a hair band. I didn't dare attempt to put the cloth ones on for fear of messing her hair up more. A couple of photo's of her below in all her finery.

Siri001.jpg

Siri003.jpg

• Like 11

baldylox

Congrats on both of your beautiful new ladies!  I really love the 04 heads, they are always so happy and sweet looking!  <3  And of course the 05 girls like Sirius are just WOW.  I picked one up a few months ago on Mandarake and I saw yours there too.  But the DD1 body kept me from buying her as I didn't have a DD2 or newer spare body laying around like I normally do.  I'm glad you got her tho!  I think all of her outfit and such was brand new?  That was the same for mine, none of her stuff had been opened, it was so cool!

Do share more pics of these two lovelies!  😄 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Stupid_Hoomun
On 3/24/2023 at 12:20 AM, baldylox said:

Congrats on both of your beautiful new ladies!  I really love the 04 heads, they are always so happy and sweet looking!  <3  And of course the 05 girls like Sirius are just WOW.  I picked one up a few months ago on Mandarake and I saw yours there too.  But the DD1 body kept me from buying her as I didn't have a DD2 or newer spare body laying around like I normally do.  I'm glad you got her tho!  I think all of her outfit and such was brand new?  That was the same for mine, none of her stuff had been opened, it was so cool!

Do share more pics of these two lovelies!  😄 

Billy

Thanks Billy. I'm so pleased I got both these girls, it was the happy smile and cuteness of the 04 that made it hard to resist buying her. Sirius was also hard to say no to, after reading a bit about her history she was screaming at me to buy her. I love her outfit and was pleased that it was all still in sealed bags and appeared to be like new. A bit gutted that her shoes went to pieces but with the age of them I wasn't surprised. The DD1 body was a surprise (I'm still a newbie when it comes to Dollfies and have no idea of the differences between the bodies.) When I have the funds she will get a newer body so she can adopt different poses for future photo shoots.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Thanks for sharing your two very interesting ladies.

I've had trouble with older pleather. This 2012 Pureneemo's boots flaked off as soon as I took them out of the packet. I've also noticed her corset is flaky. Fortunately I found someone was selling near identical boots, so in this photo she's wearing the replicas.

As for wigs "blowing up" - Erica's did that as soon as I put it on her. I did buy some wig spray from Sakura but haven't tried it out yet. Sometimes brushing helps but the hooman sized Tangle Teaser is a bit dangerous to use on the more valuable wigs we have. I see Volks now sell a smaller version.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Yuns

Congrats on the new girls! Rini's face is absolutely precious.

Stupid_Hoomun
On 4/5/2023 at 3:58 PM, Yuns said:

Congrats on the new girls! Rini's face is absolutely precious.

Thank you. I am finding Rini's smile to be quite infectious. She just looks happy all the time.

Stupid_Hoomun

So a couple of weeks ago I instantly got buyers remorse after I impulsively bought my most expensive doll to date. Yesterday she arrived and I'm super pleased with my impulse buy.

SS002.jpg

SS005.jpg

SS008.jpg

I dig her outfit but I didn't put it all on, she isn't wearing her tiara, hair ribbons or the collar. I'm worried about the collar staining, she is wearing a vesion 1 bodysuit but that doesn't cover her arms or neck. We managed to get a version 2 bodysuit in her skintone from the Volks online store today. Hopefully it won't take long to arrive but tomorrow I will probably change her into a white dress until it does. She is as new and has that yummy smell of fresh vinyl to her. 🙃

• Like 9

Stupid_Hoomun

Our first group photo.

group-pic001.jpg

• Like 12

Tigger

Nice group shot as they just chill, I really love the black and purple outfit too. 😺

• Like 2

Xiongmao

Skadi is great - Yor says that semi-white with red eyes are the best DD.

Collars are high risk for staining as they're often quite tight. Vinyl/PVC absolutely does stain, and stain very badly (if it's made of that). Skadi would look good in a bodysuit though - just pull the neck up at the back to avoid neck wrinkles (a problem with DDS).

I would be annoyed if Volks had bodysuits in stock again after I placed my order (lol). I did luckily get a semi-white DDdy one as Sakura never delivered mine and I'm super anxious to put Yor in one.

Good group photo too but the girls need some DD sized drinks and snacks!!!

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Stupid_Hoomun
On 5/10/2023 at 12:03 AM, Tigger said:

Nice group shot as they just chill, I really love the black and purple outfit too. 😺

Thanks. I love the outfit too. I was worried about it staining, I've been checking it daily and so far I can't see any stains.

On 5/12/2023 at 3:39 PM, Xiongmao said:

Skadi is great - Yor says that semi-white with red eyes are the best DD.

Collars are high risk for staining as they're often quite tight. Vinyl/PVC absolutely does stain, and stain very badly (if it's made of that). Skadi would look good in a bodysuit though - just pull the neck up at the back to avoid neck wrinkles (a problem with DDS).

I would be annoyed if Volks had bodysuits in stock again after I placed my order (lol). I did luckily get a semi-white DDdy one as Sakura never delivered mine and I'm super anxious to put Yor in one.

Good group photo too but the girls need some DD sized drinks and snacks!!!

The collar is some kind of cloth. I still need to get Skadi into her body suit but so far I don't think we've had any staining. I've found a few Etsy shops that have drinks and food but I'm holding off buying them as most are outside the UK and I can't be hanging about for shipping with the house move coming up. There was a shop in the UK but last time I looked they were taking a break. I might try 3D printing them something, maybe some ice creams and chocolate bars. Then I would have to build them a gym so they could work off the extra calories.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stupid_Hoomun

First pic of Sayaka. Standing in the usual place in front of the speaker.

Sk001.jpg

She needs a bodysuit before I will let her wear the little collar. She is also missing her hair ribbon and her 10 gallon hat (its huge!) I also need to tie up the ribbons on her socks. It might be a job for my sister when she calls, they are much too fiddly for my man hands. Her wig was an absolute nightmare, to get the fringe right the front of the wig base has to be so far back it's level with her ears. When combined with the stain protective cap it would just slide off so I've used a silcone cap and masked it off around the edges with some Volks body protection tape. Hopefully it stays where it is and her head doesn't go black.

• Like 5

baldylox

I'm so glad to see someone else who really likes the older girls!  They deserve plenty of love too!  <3  I do hope to see more of your older ladies in pics in the future!  :) 

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Tigger

Nice, very pretty! ^^

Yeah, it's annoying when wigs don't sit right and have to sit waaaaay back for the fringe to look right.

• Like 1

Stupid_Hoomun

Some more Skadi. Now she has her bodysuit she can wear her collar.

SS012.jpg

SS013.jpg

SS009.jpg

• Like 6

Tigger

Nice nice! Really finishes off the look.

And now can chill without pesky stain worries 😺

• Like 1

Stupid_Hoomun

Newest arrival, DDS Marisa Kirisame. Her outfit was a bit stained and discoloured so I risked washing it. Came up a treat.

Mar001.jpg

Mar003.jpg

Her wig has seen better days, it is a little wild but I managed to grab her the short hair version from Mandarake so she has a spare.

• Like 6

Tigger

Ooooo! New arrival! 😺 Nice!

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Comparison with her MDD mochi-ashi reboot Marisa.

My girl has a white hair bow and you can tell mine hasn't used her broom in anger.

She's going to be an awesome doll for Halloween. She arrived too late for last year's.

It's good to know about the washing thing. I have a couple of outfits that were stained when I acquired them, so I might try washing them sometime.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Stupid_Hoomun

The MDD Marisa you have is cute. Did she come with hands that could hold her broom? DDS Marisa came with the default open hands so I had to swap them for our DDH06 hands. We think our broom has suffered from been stored upright for so long in the box. I am trying to find her a suitable sized black cat plushie for her to keep as a pet.

• Like 2

battrastard

Not sure if the pics I posted with both DDS and MDD Marisa gave enough of a view of them holding their brooms, but, I think MDD Marisa can "kind of" hold them to some degree. The below post has DDS Marisa with her "default" hands. I tried to "hide" the fact that most DDS Kiddos have the closed hands as a default. (now she has open hands.) Funny, because DDS Caster/Skadi came with "gripping" hands... (go figure) 

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"