Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

CastleDown

Strange old body

CastleDown

Hey! I literally signed up here because I couldn't find enough information on my own! I bought this doll a few days ago and almost went crazy trying to fix the issue with her legs. Everything works great until it comes to the limbs. Tell me, please, what kind of body is this? How is it supposed to look when put together? Is there a photo of the frame? Maybe it's all parts of different bodies? spacer.pngspacer.pngThanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience.

finnleo

At a quick glance its like they took an old Obitsu 60 frame (Based on the kneas and elbows), and tried putting newer 60 outer shell pieces (Parabox stuff?) on it hence they dont quite fit around the kneas and elbows.

the head looks like a Volks DDH-02

Edited by finnleo
  • Thanks 1

CastleDown
1 hour ago, finnleo said:

At a quick glance its like they took an old Obitsu 60 frame (Based on the kneas and elbows), and tried putting newer 60 outer shell pieces (Parabox stuff?) on it hence they dont quite fit around the kneas and elbows.

the head looks like a Volks DDH-02

I've tried rebuilding this a few times and it looks like it's actually the right version. Thanks a lot!

The question remains, what to do with it? Cut shell pieces to fit hinges? Try to make a hybrid with thermoplastic? Nightmare because I don't have an answer.

finnleo
9 hours ago, CastleDown said:

what to do with it?

ultimately there can only be suggestions.

Do the missmatched body parts really matter? fully clothed you wont see them, so unless they hamper functionality there's the option of just letting it be.

Both versions of the body are discontinued, so chopping the outer shell bits might not be really ideal, since getting new bits might be problematic if things dont go to plan, the straight cuts towards the hinges look like a pain in the butt to do.

And then, if there happens to be a market for the bits, just dismantling and selling the frame and bodyshell separate if it ends up being viable in terms of money.

Rajke

Bust and head looks like Volks. The rest is definitely not Smartdoll or Dollfie. But looks close to obitsu. 

@onion20@   This is a signature.