Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Resilient

Semi-real sculpts

Resilient

Hello,

I'd really like to share the Semi-Real Smart Dolls that I have in my collection and I was wondering if I could post them in their appointed section of the website ? I can't post them up on Den of Angels, could I do so here ?

If I can't, where do I find a place that could welcome me with open arms ?

Thanks for informing me,

Resilient

sig.png

ragnamuffin

I think as long as they’re Smart Dolls, you can post them here, regardless of whether they’re anime style or semi-real, vinyl or cortex, etc.

Maybe the mods (@BeyondTime) can weigh in to be sure?

• Like 2

Rajke

Hi Reselient,

The Semi-real Smartdoll falls under Smartdoll. I see that you have an account for longer than 14 days but haven’t reached the 30 post count. After reaching the 30 posts you can upload the photo’s on Dolldreaming.

Another thing that can be used after hitting the 30 posts are the Doll profiles where you can make a page for your BJD boys and girls. 

For now for sharing photo’s you need an external upload site like tinypic.

Under the Smartdoll and general part of Dolldreaming you can find the section photo’s. You can make there a new topic to show your dolls.

Hope this info will help and that we see your photo’s soon.

Greetz,

Rajke

ps: I am not a mod

@onion9@

• Haha 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Resilient said:

Hello,

I'd really like to share the Semi-Real Smart Dolls that I have in my collection and I was wondering if I could post them in their appointed section of the website ? I can't post them up on Den of Angels, could I do so here ?

If I can't, where do I find a place that could welcome me with open arms ?

Thanks for informing me,

Resilient

5 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

I think as long as they’re Smart Dolls, you can post them here, regardless of whether they’re anime style or semi-real, vinyl or cortex, etc.

Maybe the mods (@BeyondTime) can weigh in to be sure?

All types of SmartDolls are SmartDolls, and we allow SmartDolls in any section where they would be on-topic.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Resilient
10 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

All types of SmartDolls are SmartDolls, and we allow SmartDolls in any section where they would be on-topic.

Hi, finally, an official answer. I thought they might not be anime enough because I read the 'About Us' section that was on the lower left part of the website. Thank you.

Edited by Resilient

sig.png

Tira
1 hour ago, Resilient said:

Hi, finally, an official answer. I thought they might not be anime enough because I read the 'About Us' section that was on the lower left part of the website. Thank you.

This forum doesn't have strict aesthetic requirements for on-topic dolls like DoA. Plus, Dollfie Dreams themselves range in style; the semi-realistic Smartdolls are more anime than Y'shtola or the Nier Automata dolls, for example. 

BeyondTime
21 hours ago, Resilient said:

The guidelines say nothing about anime heads being required, so semi-real is fine. 

On-topic Dolls

Our primary on-topic dolls are:

• Dollfie Dream - Such as DD, DDIII, DDS, DDdy, MDD and the like.
  • Smart Doll - This includes Cortext due to its ability to share parts with the main doll line.
  • Obitsu - This includes dolls and rebranded dolls that have an internal frame and vinyl body.

Our cirteria for on-topic dolls, unless explicitly listed to be allowed, require features such as:

• An internal frame, that is separate from the outer body "casing," with articulated joints.
  • An outer vinyl "body" that can be taken apart, including the head.
  • A sculpted body that is suitable for display nude.
  • Joints at the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, chest, legs, knees, and feet.
  • Heads that do not have rooted hair.
  • Heads with eyes (non-sleeping heads) are designed for the eyes to be changed. 

https://www.dolldreaming.com/guidelines/

19 hours ago, Tira said:

This forum doesn't have strict aesthetic requirements for on-topic dolls like DoA. Plus, Dollfie Dreams themselves range in style; the semi-realistic Smartdolls are more anime than Y'shtola or the Nier Automata dolls, for example. 

The Dollfie Icons have been allowed as well, and those are basically SD heads done in vinyl. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Scholar

I'd love to see your Semi-real girls! I like how Danny has given us anime style faces but also the semi-real. <3

Gwandak
On 1/13/2023 at 8:45 PM, Tira said:

the semi-realistic Smartdolls are more anime than Y'shtola or the Nier Automata dolls, for example. 

What's this about Nier Automata dolls now?

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Gwandak said:

What's this about Nier Automata dolls now?

Volks did 2B & 9S as a pre-order project a few years ago. 
https://www.volks.co.jp/nierautomata/en/

Gwandak

Ohhhhh gotcha. That makes sense. Thank you!