Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ragnamuffin

Emojis not appearing

ragnamuffin

At first I noticed a few emojis weren’t showing up, now it seems like nearly all of them are missing. I wondered if it was something on my end, but someone else mentioned it and now I’m wondering if most people can’t see them anymore either?

Is this is an issue the mods are aware of, or is it only affecting some of us (users on mobile/iPhone?) and that’s why people aren’t talking about it? I thought I’d make a post to bring it to your attention just in case.

BeyondTime

🤔🤕🥺😋🤨🥸😭🙄😒

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

Hmmm, some of those were missing on my tablet, but I see them all on my Mac.

I have the same issue with images.

I can message Averis about it.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

Wow, I definitely didn't see what you show in that last image when I was testing, but I do now. 

BeyondTime

Clearing cache and trying a different browser doesn't help, and I'm seeing the same thing with images on my Mac now too. It's not the privacy settings on flickr either.

ragnamuffin
8 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

It's not the privacy settings on flickr either.

Not sure if you mean the pics in my post above, but I uploaded those directly to the forum, not Flickr.

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, ragnamuffin said:

Not sure if you mean the pics in my post above, but I uploaded those directly to the forum, not Flickr.

No, I checked one of my photo stories. It's always the same image(s) too, which is why I double checked the image sharing.

BeyondTime

I messaged Averis about it.

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime

@foo noticed that emoji inserts are sometimes causing issues for posting. That may or may not be related.

Tierparkzone

It seems to only affect the Unicode based emojis (e.g. Onions are still fine).

As Unicode is regularly adding new emojis, could the issue be caused by the Unicode versions of the forum software, the server OS, the user browser and/or the user OS are out of whack?

For reference your post above:

9 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

🤔🤕🥺😋🤨🥸😭🙄😒

Shows up to me as:

dsfssghr.jpg.1b636d2a040e8e970517309050e6efee.jpg

Firefox on MacOS

foo

I can right click an emoji image (they're PNGs) and open it in a new window to get the URL, like

https://twemoji.maxcdn.com/2/72x72/1f914.png

And it says "can't find the server "twemoji.maxdn.com". So I guess it's a configuration problem, the site that's hosting the emojis is either gone or moved, if not just busted.

Averis
10 hours ago, foo said:

I can right click an emoji image (they're PNGs) and open it in a new window to get the URL, like

https://twemoji.maxcdn.com/2/72x72/1f914.png

And it says "can't find the server "twemoji.maxdn.com". So I guess it's a configuration problem, the site that's hosting the emojis is either gone or moved, if not just busted.

Yup, this seems to be the problem. I switched it over to internal files for now. Hopefully that fixes it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2