Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Grover864

First Attempt at my "photo stories"

Grover864

It's technically closer to 1920 photos, and I didn't have a better place to put it than here. Hope you all enjoy this first installment and the introduction of my MDD

Meeting My Dollfie Dream in Stop Motion Animation! First DD and Mini Dollfie Dream :

https://youtu.be/aJlwmRiAa_c

Welcome_Home_Stop_Motion_Dollfie_Thumb_YT.png

Edited by Grover864
Made pic a link also. EDIT 2: nope. No I didn't lol.
  • Like 21

Monty

This was such a cool idea! I really liked how natural some of the movements were (like the hair flip) too! I would love to see more from you.

• Like 1

finnleo

Thats some serious effort, recalling what it was setting up for just still frames for a comic style stories.

as a amusing side note its fun to see those novelty car-mats I can get here available on the other side of the globe.

• Like 1

Grover864
5 hours ago, Monty said:

This was such a cool idea!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to making more and hopefully getting better with each. 

5 hours ago, finnleo said:

Thats some serious effort,

Yeah it was a lot of tweaking and learning as I go. Worst part was losing the original footage to a computer crash and having to re-shoot it all.  Multiple backups are now being made as I go forward. Lol.  

Thanks for checking it out!

• Like 1

ragnamuffin

Amazing! Their movements were so natural and it was such an endearing short story. I’m so impressed.

• Like 1

Grover864
1 hour ago, ragnamuffin said:

Amazing! Their movements were so natural and it was such an endearing short story. I’m so impressed.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it! 

Rajke

Cool idea and it looks great. 😃

• Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Grover864
50 minutes ago, Rajke said:

Cool idea and it looks great.

Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, chantelle said:

This was so cute and well done! I love the stop motion 😄

Appreciate it! Glad you enjoyed it! 

• Like 1

PolitelyNefarious

Dang. I know full well the amount of effort that was put into this- speaking from personal experience, our dolls are not ideal stop motion models. They lack the consistent center of gravity to be able to balance for a full scope of motion. Anything beyond arm / hand / head motions is already impressive. And you had Kizari arrive fullbody. Not to mention Asumi's walking. Fantastic work! The keyboard scenes worked particularly well with cell pacing and sound effects to create a natural-feeling flow, as did Kizari's movements over webcam. I do think this is one of the most ambitious first-toy-owner stop motions I've ever seen, and it pays off beautifully. You also established Asumi's advanced computer skills and the transition from Japanese to English in a smooth, non-exposition fashion. Props for A+ lorebuilding! Stop motion is an insane amount of work, but if you do create further adventures, I look forward to seeing them.

• Like 2

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

ateliervanilla

Aww, that is sooo wonderfully made. I see so much effort was done, and the effects are amazing!!!

• Like 1

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

Grover864
7 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

Dang. I know full well the amount of effort that was put into this- speaking from personal experience, our dolls are not ideal stop motion models. They lack the consistent center of gravity to be able to balance for a full scope of motion. Anything beyond arm / hand / head motions is already impressive. And you had Kizari arrive fullbody. Not to mention Asumi's walking. Fantastic work! The keyboard scenes worked particularly well with cell pacing and sound effects to create a natural-feeling flow, as did Kizari's movements over webcam. I do think this is one of the most ambitious first-toy-owner stop motions I've ever seen, and it pays off beautifully. You also established Asumi's advanced computer skills and the transition from Japanese to English in a smooth, non-exposition fashion. Props for A+ lorebuilding! Stop motion is an insane amount of work, but if you do create further adventures, I look forward to seeing them.

I don't even know what to say except THANK YOU! 🥺

Grover864
7 hours ago, ateliervanilla said:

Aww, that is sooo wonderfully made

Thanks! I still have more to improve on but more ideas to produce, so look forward to it! 

• Like 1

di-chan123

That was a wonderful short animation! I loved those little details that made it seem effortless and natural. The hard work you put into this was just impressive! 

• Like 1

battrastard

I'll agree with everyone, that was just awesome! I'll be looking forward to seeing more! 

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Grover864
15 hours ago, battrastard said:

I'll agree with everyone, that was just awesome! I'll be looking forward to seeing more! 

Thanks!

ShadowXM1

Wey well done! I'm impressed with your work, because I know it takes a while to do stop-motion animation, which I keep forgetting that the BJD's of all types, but mainly the Dollfie Dreams and Mini Dollfie Dreams are designed for techniques like that!