Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Deaknaew

Volks News #99

finnleo
8 hours ago, Jezrah said:

You took the effort for the one, why not the other? Or like in this case, where Volks could have just done the sculpt differently.

having a bit of a think about it, it might be that they want to keep the distance of the irises of the eyes within a set proportion. if they opened up the eye holes in shin's case, and wanted to keep the distance of the pupils they might have to use even bigger eyes to fill in the hole and Shin is already at a 24mm eye. And going bigger might be problematic, for instance my Nanoha and Illia V1 were shipped crosseyed because the eyes clashed inside the head due to their size, and I had to shave off a bit off them to get proper alignment.

As a side note amusingly the same trick is also on Ciel it seems.

Edited by finnleo

Xiongmao

I put a Volks order in yesterday.. did anyone else?

I really wanted Shin's heart hands, and I also picked up a pair of semi-white ones. I also picked up a few pairs of the new purple flat shoes. They're super cute. The Volks shoes are now very competitively priced compared to what's available on AliExpress or Etsy.

I also got the MDD maid outfit, but sadly the regular sized one has sold out.

It's surprising there was no hype about a clickwar this time. I was surprised to see Shin and Ciel available. I'm glad I bought Ciel's outfit. Those types of school outfits are really popular. The Uzuki Idolmaster one is going for crazy money now. As others have noted Ciel's also comes with glasses which is a bonus. I still can't quite believe I found a pair of Miku glasses recently.

As for the other new Dolpa items, the oversized MDD rabbit bag was the highlight for me. It's on Buyee just in case it's sold out on Volks and anyone want it. It's not proven as popular as I thought it might be.

When the new dolls were announced I got really excited about Shin. Strangely it's Ciel who's my favourite now. She'll be even more awesome when I put her in her outfit.

Oh and this video has a few glimpses of Ciel... I thought the ufotable studio name sounded familiar and then I remembered they also made Demon Slayer.

Edited by Xiongmao

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Galvatim

I placed an order for Ciel...  I'll be on the look out for her school uniform.  

5 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Oh and this video has a few glimpses of Ciel... I thought the ufotable studio name sounded familiar and then I remembered they also made Demon Slayer.

That's the intro to the visual novel remake.  I'd love for Ufotable to make a full Tsukihime anime, it seems like a logical move, given the multiple F/SN anime they've produced.  I just got the official English language edition of Type-Moon's Witch on the Holy Night for Nintendo Switch (Aoko and Alice appear here), so there's hope for the Tsukihime remake to get a US release, at least.  

• Like 1

Xiongmao
1 hour ago, Galvatim said:

Congrats - she's an awesome DD. I was mainly interested in Shin Sato, but now they're both here I think Ciel is amazing. I'll put her in her outfit sometime but I need to check it's lined first.

Her school uniform is around, but isn't yet attracting the insane interest like there is in Yor's alternative outfit.

I do have a PS5 in case Tsukihime is on that, but it's going to take me a while to get through Clannad...

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

The Uzuki Idolmaster one is going for crazy money now.

The remake of that was much better than the original. On the original, the pattern was printed on the fabric, on the V2 release the pattern is woven into the fabric. I'd bet a lot of people wanted it for V1. 

2 hours ago, Galvatim said:

Hopefully you can get it from Volks USA in a few weeks. 

Congrats on Ciel. 

Girls with short blue hair are my Kryptonite...

Ami Mizuno - Eat Your Heart Out-6.jpg

• Like 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Girls with short blue hair are my Kryptonite...

Lord brother I hear you!  😄  With both Ryomou and Rei as my main two loves, Mercury is right behind.  Speaking of Mercury, I need to get mine a maid uniform....  <3 

Billy

• Like 3

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DesertPhantom51

I was going to aim for that Ariel second outfit, but the listing disappeared right before the sale started, oh well.  I still got the other three things I wanted, but I guess I'll aim for the USA lottery for another go.  I kinda feel bad about going for it though, I don't want to deprive someone who has the doll, and I just want it for another cosplay shoot with my two redheads (already have a Merida outfit).  

Xiongmao

I'm not sure which Uzuki idolmaster outfit I have. It seems pretty good though, so it's probably v2.

Yahoo Auctions are worth keeping an eye on because I've had a few very decent buys on there recently. Possibly the best buy has been Saber's normal outfit. It suddenly appeared and had very few bids. I've also recently picked up Miku's glasses, and a fabulous Blue Archive outfit.

I'll dress Ciel up sometime. I know next to nothing about their franchise, but all I know is Ciel looks incredible in her default outfit. Her nerdy school outfit is great too.

Right now I'm going crazy over Attack on Titan. Call of Duty and Fortnite have both featured this anime in their games in the last year and I wasn't sure what the fuss was all about. But after watching the first AoT episode my eyes nearly fell out. Anime really is taking over the world.

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, Xiongmao said:

I'm not sure which Uzuki idolmaster outfit I have. It seems pretty good though, so it's probably v2.

If the plaid pattern looks silkscreened, then it's the V1 outfit. If the plaid pattern is woven from dyed thread, then it's V2. Overall V2 was the better made outfit, and the skirt wasn't the only improvement. I think Volks has been investing more and more in their Dollfie Dream products, so quality keeps going up.  

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction