Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
finnleo

Yor Briar / Forger (plus a special Guest)

finnleo

Well, its no realy big surprise given my recent post history, that I got Yor in the house, with certain results.

But traditions are traditions, so the new addition photoset was done with the default outfit, and the optional casual outfit, plus one random coat I got from Volks while waiting.

All poses are free standing, no photoshopping or editing has happened apart from resizing, hence there are bits of hair here and there most likely that will probably catch the eye.

But here we go I guess..

Starting off with the default outfit, I really do like the material they chose, its very soft feeling and supple despite initial worries on the preview photos from Volks.

The inner lining rose pattern are a nod towards the choise made by the original comic book author, and is a nice touch to the "Thorn princess" theme.

52769990386_4d206f589b_b.jpg

yor003

52770405915_3835c93848_b.jpg

yor004

In terms of fitment, the boots were a bit of a annoying thing to massage into place, and also the hand guards are a bit peculiar in practice, but they are still a sort of upgrade from having specific hand parts made to mimic them.

52770249269_3b82acfb3b_b.jpg

yor005

52770249599_5d4eedcabf_b.jpg

yor006

As I mentioned in the character news thread I did give the default outfit gold painted bits some touch-ups to bring up the lines, and it does make a nice addition to the whole.

52770405985_ab72157520_b.jpg

yor007

52769990501_381c7d0575_b.jpg

yor008

52770405995_3d99d7cecf_b.jpg

yor009

The harnes top is a bit of a thing to keep in check, since in theory it should line up with the details on the dress. as they originally were meant to be one piece.

52769990521_9c11c762cc_b.jpg

yor010

52770482398_850d5bb515_b.jpg

yor011

Since her default wig went a bit kaboom, due to reasons partially of my own, this part was done by borrowing megumins default, which sort of suits the theme, even though the side bangs are from a slightly awkward direction.

before I moved onto the optional outfit I decided to bring out the RGB lights again for a quick mood shot:

52769990551_470f52bd48_b.jpg

yor012

And so we come to what I have dubbed the "Spy killer sweater", since its main design feature is quite similar to a certain other sweater that was making the rounds in the scale doll world at some point.

52770406125_bc50d93c98_b.jpg

yor013

52769990141_6e637c5925_b.jpg

yor014

I didnt have time to make content inserts for these mugs, but it might have been a moot point in general since they dont really fit any DD hands, and want to eject from any sets I've tried so far... which is scary since they are actual porcelain.

52770405830_b171ca2bd4_b.jpg

yor015

52770249429_e1402583d8_b.jpg

yor016

The sweater is a bit of a weird design with the flaps coming around the back, which arent attached to anothing at the hem, making for some constant adjustment.

52769454657_eebba6961e_b.jpg

yor017

52769454627_640e5f4371_b.jpg

yor018

52769454587_cfbb4108f7_b.jpg

yor019

52769454557_cea466ca0d_b.jpg

yor020

I also got a beige coat from Volks that they happened to have in stock, that also fitted a DDy body for yor while waiting. I knew it wasnt even close to the design featured in the series, but I thought it wouldnt hurt to try, since it wasnt even that expensive (which is a relative thing, but one of the cheaper items on the store, still)

52770482053_24543b062d_b.jpg

yor021

52769454537_1ca35a45b0_b.jpg

yor022

But I mentioned a problem that I have with yor, relating to a perticular detail of the faceup, and that feature has become quite prominent and I seem to focus on it whenever I've been turning the head around.

and it pretty much reminds of Heath Ledgers Joker:

52769990111_de14a29859_b.jpg

yor023

Its not an unusual paint trick, but the way it was done here as a retrofit of sorts, which is a bit of a shame since overall I do like the faceup details, even if the eye's have been made to seem wider than they are with paint tricks, but not nearly as bad as Shin Sato seems to be.

But to leave things on a slightly more lighter tone, I mentioned a guest star in the topic, and before I moved the body into the sweater, I couldnt help put plonk on a certain other head on the default outfit, as I had considered doing in the character thread already:

52769990331_5e246334ac_b.jpg

Kaede046

52770405880_57663ab504_b.jpg

Kaede047

And she looks suspiciously at home in it to boot.

Anyhoo, this is all for now... and now to box Yor back up.

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 10

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, finnleo said:

But traditions are traditions, so the new addition photoset was done with the default outfit, and the optional casual outfit, plus one random coat I got from Volks while waiting.

The only thing missing is a properly censored plate of food that would make dread Cthulhu retreat back into to sleep until the stars are right once again.

2 hours ago, finnleo said:

I couldnt help put plonk on a certain other head on the default outfit, as I had considered doing in the character thread already:

So... Pun Princess.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo
47 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

So... Pun Princess.

"If the knive's wont get you, the punchline will."

• Haha 1

MissLadyBossy

Yor is so pretty, congrats on getting her and thank you for sharing her.  Yor004 is my favorite picture.

Home: Alter (Anya), Sakuya (Layla), Extra (Sasha), Aoko (Nadia), Beatrice (Sophia), Alice (Elyse), Mariko (Madeline), Sailor Moon (Serena), Mercury (Ami), Mars (Rei), Jupiter (Lita), Venus (Mina), Transcendence Gray (Lexa) and Tea (Sloane)

Xiongmao

If anyone wants Yor there's one currently on Buyee for a good price and (I think) she comes with her red cozy outfit. The listing is very brief.

I appear to have just acquired the cozy outfit for my Yor.

Yor's really nice and I highly recommend her. Also semi-white is a gorgeous skin tone. I just picked up a MDD in the same tone and she's absolutely awesome.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

finnleo
2 hours ago, MissLadyBossy said:

Yor is so pretty, congrats on getting her and thank you for sharing her.

Thanks.

Though as a general update on the subject my feelings towards the issues I have with her havent gone away, and currently she's in her box waiting for better days, I did try a pair of round red "realistic" acrylic eyes to see if she'd pass for a Kitagawa Marin look alike, but thats as far as I went with that idea, and her default wig has been sitting on my livingroom table for months waiting to be sorted ... which probably isnt 100% possible considering how it was made in the first place, and it also reeks of perfume after I washed it off from all the hairgel that was used to style it, making work on it very unpleasant.

Sarah

She looks really good! I especially like her red sweater! Is the back of her hair pulled up into her headband or is it more of a short bob? It’s kind of hard to tell.

finnleo
2 hours ago, Sarah said:

Is the back of her hair pulled up into her headband or is it more of a short bob?

The optional outfit wig has the hair styled to look like its pulled up. But its a fixed solution so the hairband doesent actually do anything.

The default wig was its own stylistic thing... that didnt survive initial setup.

Sarah

That’s better that it is fixed :) I’d imagine having to keep the hair up with the headband would get a bit messy easily. 

Gwandak

I really love this!

Is this entirely custom made or is this something volks had going for a while? Either way, it is a fantastic representation of Yor.

finnleo

Its a fully volks thing, Yor was released by Volks around Dec/Jan. The only differences are as I've mentioned the Megumin wig in place of the exploded default, and I used some panel line fluid to bring out details on the rose headband, the harness pendant. and stylets.

Xiongmao

I'm looking forward to putting my own Yor in that red cozy outfit. I'm concerned about the wig though.

Just in case anyone is a huge Yor fan, the Volks tennis set looks pretty good on her (and of course Yor is ferociously good at tennis).

The outfit comes with a wig that's quite a good match for Yor. Alas the tennis racquet (also Uzuki) have to be bought separately, and I've still not located 1:3 scale tennis balls.

I think Yoru is really sweet, although I often get a kind of severe vibe from her. She doesn't seem to be tremendously popular in the after market but we're a few months away from Spy x Family season 2, which is likely to be mindblowingly awesome.

Also her semi-white skin tone is absolutely gorgeous.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.