Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DollyInsider

Volks USA Renewal Event

DollyInsider

Volks USA changed their shop URL to: volksusa.store

And to celebrate the renewal of their site, they plan to host a limited time event featuring special items

From April 10 - April 20, 2023 they'll have 2 lotteries:

Super Dollfie One-Off Model Lottery: 3 dolls will be up for this lottery

D'coord Model Lottery: 5 dolls will be up for this lottery

D'COORD No.2 is catching my attention 😍

• Like 1

Anna-neko

Interestingly enough, it looks like they also found some hella old VolksNews stock too??? like 2007 old!??

takatsuki

Looks like #1 has stolen my heart! I can’t resist girls with red hair and green eyes. Guess this will be my first lottery. Number 5 is interesting though. The eyes are not what I’d pick, but definitely my second choice. Is it a guy? There is no bust size on the description. If it is, then I have a tough choice ahead as I can only enter for one. 

Jezrah

I picked up some more nakayoshi hands. I debated getting a DDH-12, but ultimately decided against it.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Strawberry_Dreamland

I'm going to try and go for the lottery too! I'm not sure which one to get though; I love them all @onion26@

Tira
7 hours ago, takatsuki said:

Looks like #1 has stolen my heart! I can’t resist girls with red hair and green eyes. Guess this will be my first lottery. Number 5 is interesting though. The eyes are not what I’d pick, but definitely my second choice. Is it a guy? There is no bust size on the description. If it is, then I have a tough choice ahead as I can only enter for one. 

Yes, it says he's a DDB.

HK47

Do I need two or three more dolls? I like #1,#2,#3. Back in 2020 I try for 5 dolls and didn't win.

takatsuki

Thank you Tira! Now I really don’t know which one to try for. Odds are I won’t win, but it will be fun to at least try. I was thinking I was safe from a Volks temptation. I should’ve known better, ha, ha.

• Haha 1

Keoka

I really like 1 and 5 in D'COORD. I've never entered a lottery before and would definitely only be able to enter for one. Got some thinking to do!

Mizuumi-no-Otome

The new site is really lovely, but I hope they plan to do some updates to the layout- the lack of size filters for the clothing section is super annoying if you don't know the exact name of the garment you're looking for lol 

• Like 5

monkeypizzasonic

1 and 5 are both dolls i was thinking of getting at dollpoint next year, so if i could win one now that would save me some time and money next year i could use on other stuff...

Also i agree the new site it a bit clunky in places.

Jezrah

It's funny, I got my tax return and was thinking of hiring a proxy to get a 26 boy when this event was announced. I was thinking of going ahead and entering this lottery for him, but then I realized he's tan. For my particular plans I need him to be flesh, so I went ahead with contacting a proxy anyway. I probably wouldn't have won anyway; there's always uber competition on 26 boys.

baldylox
On 4/1/2023 at 3:42 AM, Anna-neko said:

Interestingly enough, it looks like they also found some hella old VolksNews stock too??? like 2007 old!??

Thank you SO MUCH for enabling me on the older books.  😛  I just bought 18 of them that I was missing!  LOL  Seriously tho, thanks for letting us know that because I *love* looking through the older books to see when the older girls were new releases.  It's so cool! Plus I get to see outfits I'll probably never get to own in there but with Mandarake, you never know.  😉 

Billy

• Like 5

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Hazukami

I just want 2 DD stands *weeps* I've been keeping an eye on both JP and NA for 3 months and haven't taken Utena and Anthy out of their boxes since I got them around release lol Both sites have restocked once each and I missed them aosjdasd I'm aware of the steel issue and I saw on one of the mangizes slightly changed up versions of their old stands but aaaaahhh ; u ;

• Like 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Hazukami said:

I'm aware of the steel issue and I saw on one of the mangizes slightly changed up versions of their old stands but aaaaahhh

The changed up stands might be the reason for the shortage. They may have limited production to make sure they didn't have a lot of unsold stand stock lying around when new stands were released. 

Supply chain shortages were a guess, but then so is what I wrote above.  

The new stands should solve some issues with display under clothing. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Poofiemus

I'm thankfully safe from this D'Coord round (since I have Len on preorder with a lot of customizations planned for him), but I could NOT resist the "Sweetheart" hands. Got a pair in every type in NS, plus a couple of wrists to make using them with the older dolls a bit easier. 

Fate and Nanoha in particular are about to be nauseatingly cute lol

• Like 3

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Hazukami
On 4/3/2023 at 6:46 AM, BeyondTime said:

The changed up stands might be the reason for the shortage. They may have limited production to make sure they didn't have a lot of unsold stand stock lying around when new stands were released. 

Yeah I figured that's why there haven't really been re-stocks of them (new type of stands announcement)
so it finally made sense then x'D
More so since they're kinda "staple" items for DDs like bodysuits, so I thought it was weird they were taking over a month to restock
and the times they did it was very little stock. I am pretty excited for the new stands though!

RyuichiSakuma13
On 4/3/2023 at 9:46 AM, BeyondTime said:

Does that mean that Volks is coming out with a new kind of stand, or simply restocking?  Also, will it be Volks Japan or Volks USA that's getting new stands?  I need one for Miku!

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13

BeyondTime
35 minutes ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

Does that mean that Volks is coming out with a new kind of stand, or simply restocking?

It's a new stand with a thinner saddle. It should look better under dresses. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic

Anyone else enter the lottery? I ended up just entering for #5, even though I was considering #1 as well.

Keoka
9 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Anyone else enter the lottery? I ended up just entering for #5, even though I was considering #1 as well.

I entered for #5 too! I decided against #1 because I'm not sure I will like the mochi body. 

takatsuki

I decided on #1 as I’ve always wanted a tan girl with red hair and green eyes, and she will fit in with my girls perfectly. Number 5 was my second favorite.

RyuichiSakuma13
3 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Lottery?  Do you have a link?  I'm new to all this.

Ryu

Jezrah
7 minutes ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

Lottery?  Do you have a link?  I'm new to all this.

Ryu

Here you go:

https://volksusa.com/event/202304dcoord/

You should sign up for emails about events from Volks USA if you haven't already. I don't know if it's still the same on the new store, but the way I signed up on the previous store was to check the box to receive the newsletter during the checkout process when I bought something. 

• Thanks 1

RyuichiSakuma13

Thank you! 

I signed up for the emails, but I must have missed it somehow.  I need to clean out my inbox. @onion16@

I'd be interested in #5, but I have so many resin BJDs boys, and no more room to place him.  The disadvantages of having a small home. @onion37@   I do like is outfit though.  Maybe I'll look into getting it.

Ryu

• Like 1