Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DollyInsider

Volks USA Renewal Event

RyuichiSakuma13
15 hours ago, Keijogirl said:

My order was cancelled on the 5th. Any updates for anyone else?

Interesting. 

Now I know what happens when you don't win a lottery.  Thank you to those that posted that they didn't win the lottery for letting us know. :classic_smile:

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

Interesting. 

Now I know what happens when you don't win a lottery.  Thank you to those that posted that they didn't win the lottery for letting us know. :classic_smile:

This is more in line with how Volks Japan does it, and that may have been a consideration in their new site design.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

takatsuki

Well, since my post yesterday I decided to get a used Kagamine Len at Mandarake (just waiting to see if he’s still in stock) instead of spoiling my girls. But I guess getting Len is a form of spoiling them, lol. 

• Like 2

Xiongmao

I'm not allowed to enter USA draws but I failed in both Volks Japan lotteries I entered. I just like the thrills of lotteries really.

If Japan has another D'Coord lottery I'll enter this year. Last year I didn't enter because I thought they only had one of each. Most people who entered seemed win though.

Volks is all very random though. I bought Shin Sato and Ciel as soon as they appeared on YJA, only to find out both were in stock on the Volks website a week later. But then again I avoided the misery of a clickwar, plus I bought Ciel's uniform set (which is more popular than Ciel herself).

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime

Blog post on the new Dolpa items. It looks like the dolls are lottery, but the clothes are first come first served. This may be a new thing going forward.

https://volksusa.store/blogs/staff-blog/dolpa49-ae?fbclid=IwAR1mMbLHz6STaJorIBEdeaN1hSGcgR3cQzpuRCy6cXsqAd00q8fZtmzTmtk

I don't see Kiss the Girl in the banner either. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Paprika
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I don't see Kiss the Girl in the banner either. 

:-(

BeyondTime
59 minutes ago, Paprika said:

It might be that licensing prevents it, but it’s also possible that Kiss the Girl and the shoes would be their own event, if licensing allows. 

I was honestly surprised that they sold Kiss the Girl and the shoes to international customers; I figured the licensing would be Japan only like the doll. 

Keijogirl
20 hours ago, HK47 said:

I wonder if anyone won one.

I just saw one of the tan MDDs pop up on FB! She’s so pretty!  I’m so sad I didn’t get to win her. 

Here’s hoping the other winners pop up with theirs, and congrats to all that did win!

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

BeyondTime
On 5/9/2023 at 2:42 PM, Paprika said:

One thing I just noticed, if you login to Volks Japan and you are in the US, the Disney Shoes and Kiss the Girl disappear from the product listings, so I really expect that their deal with The Mouse only covered distribution in Japan and they will not be sold on Volks USA as a result.

You're probably looking at Yahoo Japan, or Mandarake if you really want that outfit. It's a beautiful outfit, the material is very fine too, but I'm guessing the markups will be nuts.

Paprika
8 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

One thing I just noticed, if you login to Volks Japan and you are in the US, the Disney Shoes and Kiss the Girl disappear from the product listings, so I really expect that their deal with The Mouse only covered distribution in Japan and they will not be sold on Volks USA as a result.

You're probably looking at Yahoo Japan, or Mandarake if you really want that outfit. It's a beautiful outfit, the material is very fine too, but I'm guessing the markups will be nuts.

Yeah… I had a feeling it was a licensing issue with The Mouse. I hate how they’ve been doing that with the Super Dollfies. Rapunzel and the Frozen gals were fair game. But Cinderella and Ariel aren’t? Why? Sigh. I’m sure they have their reasons, but I can’t say I’m not extremely disappointed.

Edited by Paprika
typos

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Paprika said:

Yeah… I had a feeling it was a licensing issue with The Mouse. I hate how they’ve been doing that with the Super Dollfies. Rapunzel and the Frozen gals were fair game. But Cinderella and Ariel aren’t? Why? Sigh. I’m sure they have their reasons, but I can’t say I’m not extremely disappointed.

I'm guessing it all boils down to licensing terms from Disney in Japan, otherwise Volks would sell overseas. From a Volks USA standpoint, it's probably just too niche to justify the cost of a US or NA local license.

finnleo
2 hours ago, Paprika said:

I had a feeling it was a licensing issue with The Mouse. I hate how they’ve been doing that with the Super Dollfies. Rapunzel and the Frozen gals were fair game. But Cinderella and Ariel aren’t? Why?

I think we've gone through the licencing shinenigans during a previous resin princess release. But the japanese side of Disney is interesting, and also dont know if the arrangements with the Tokyo park (since its not actually owned by disney) has anything to do with things. Although checking the international Volks store the in stock Elsa and Anna dolls are only for sale in japan, so thats still the volks main site stance.

But its probably also fair to say that if Volks is just aiming for a set ammount of dolls produced, it makes little sense going for a world wide licence hastle if their domestic market will be enough to buy everything, or the production target thats made. Then there is also the weird question of How many do they actually want to make to a set standard.

I stinks for a hobbyist fan outside of Japan, but sometimes rules just stink.

Poofiemus
On 5/12/2023 at 6:57 PM, Paprika said:

Not sure why Cinderella was Japan only, but I do have a theory for Ariel. The SD is based off the 1980's animated version. Meanwhile, on May 26, in the US we're getting the new live action remake of Little Mermaid. In the live action they cast an African American woman as Ariel. . . And a disappointing number of people here in the US have gotten angry about that. (Personally, I thought that was a potentially exciting change. . . Sebastian's design? Not so much lol) The anger has died down a bit as release has gotten closer, but merchandise is advertising to Disney, and given the prior drama, they're probably hesitant to essentially advertise the 'wrong' version of the film. Disney is fastidious about their image, so it tracks to me they'd be playing it SUPER safe at this point.  

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Anna-neko
2 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

The anger has died down a bit as release has gotten closer, but merchandise is advertising to Disney, and given the prior drama, they're probably hesitant to essentially advertise the 'wrong' version of the film. Disney is fastidious about their image, so it tracks to me they'd be playing it SUPER safe at this point.  

i do agree with you they'd rather not advertise brand-new merch based on the animated movie.... but my personal take is that "super safe" is the wrong sentiment.
It's quite the opposite - they wanna push the NEW LIVE MOVIE merch because it is new. People annoyed/angry at the soulless live-action remakes has been true for all of them and in this case it is One Very Expensive Doll for collectors, vs Many Cheap Toys for wider market. Basic math etc etc 

I'm still mad about it.... maybe if we cross our fingers the secondary market will roll in our favor ><;;

finnleo
3 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

Not sure why Cinderella was Japan only, but I do have a theory for Ariel. The SD is based off the 1980's animated version.

Well.. as a non US person I still cant buy any of the disney models from Volks Int. and Volks USA wont sell to outside the US, so its still most likely regional licencing than marketing.

EDIT, as in that Volks probably doesnt want to go through the hastle for the additional sale regions, not that disney wouldnt sell it for a price.

(I mean, if they dont go worldwide sales for Frozen of all things (Anna low stock now at least, Elsa still available, and Chibi anna), they probably wont for the rest either.)

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 2