Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lychgate

Rena's set arrived today!!

Lychgate

My Rena is here!! She's my first vinyl doll! I bought an Obitsu Misuzu for her, opting for a cheaper version that i might enjoy more, and her set just arrived today! The wig is a bit big on her, but I like the look of it. (please excuse the mess, im in the process of reorganizing my space) spacer.png

Edited by Lychgate
  • Like 5

cluffy

congrats on getting your first vinyl !! :^) it's always exciting seeing custom higurashi/wtc dolls & your rena is especially cute!!! and more accurate to her character imo (volks' official mdd rena is super cute but she just doesn't feel like rena...and she's much shorter than i imagine rena being, haha)

Lychgate
9 minutes ago, littleclover said:

congrats on getting your first vinyl !! :^) it's always exciting seeing custom higurashi/wtc dolls & your rena is especially cute!!! and more accurate to her character imo (volks' official mdd rena is super cute but she just doesn't feel like rena...and she's much shorter than i imagine rena being, haha)

omg thats EXACTLY why I opted to get a different one, I thought the official MDD looked a bit off for her, & I got this Misuzu secondhand thinking her face would be a better fit! I may redo the faceup at some point once i get the hang of it, & get her smaller/lighter blue eyes also

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Congrats on (correctly sized) Rena. If you're set on that character it's worth picking up her school set. It sold out on Volks Japan but I found it on the UK DD friends store.

I have MDD Rena although I don't feel I've really bonded with her yet. I will experiment some more, but I think my MDD future is Mochi-Ashi. I did like her show though. It was almost as gory as Elfen Lied and had an interestingly confusing plot.

We're currently watching Anohara. I don't know if it's really the same as Higurashi, but the anime style is kind of similar and it's another group of school friends plot.

Below is RenaShoes (because I didn't know if her socks would stain). Misaki definitely covets Rena's cleaver.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Lychgate
29 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

Congrats on (correctly sized) Rena. If you're set on that character it's worth picking up her school set. It sold out on Volks Japan but I found it on the UK DD friends store.

I have MDD Rena although I don't feel I've really bonded with her yet. I will experiment some more, but I think my MDD future is Mochi-Ashi. I did like her show though. It was almost as gory as Elfen Lied and had an interestingly confusing plot.

We're currently watching Anohara. I don't know if it's really the same as Higurashi, but the anime style is kind of similar and it's another group of school friends plot.

Below is RenaShoes (because I didn't know if her socks would stain). Misaki definitely covets Rena's cleaver.

spacer.png

o7 godspeed, MDD Rena is definitely cute but yeah she's too Off for me. I figured I'd be keeping this doll a while even if she doesn't stay as Rena forever so I just put the socks on lol. I actually haven't watched the anime or read the manga yet, but i have the vn on steam! (also i love the roller skates omg)

mukyuu

I have to say your Mizusu looks way more Rena than the Rena MDD. Something about the Rena MDD feels too childish (a sculpt I would save for other characters in the series, like Satoko, Rika and Hanyuu). Great job!

dolloramore

Getting the Misuzu head for her was a great call! She looks closer to the original Rena than the DD one. If you ever redo her faceup i'd love to see it! Rena is one of my favorite characters 😊