Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Hazukami

Opinions on these dots/stains?

Hazukami

Decided to change 9S' clothes and as I was setting him up I noticed these 3 small dots, one is actually red but doesn't look it on photos and they mostly show to the naked eye or using flash photo. I zoomed in on the spot and left his ear in frame for reference of where they are and just how miniscule.

Should I try stain removal? Fortunately it's not super near the face up, but still on his face..
The stains are very uh "solid" for lack of a better word and not so much splotches of ink like the photo makes it seem.

I did use "crumb" eraser (I don't know a better word in English asojhdaojsd) but that didn't do anything.
I'll be keeping an eye on the 3 dots to see if they grow or something..

Guess my question is, should I be super concerned and what are some options before the Volks cream? 

Added a photo with normal/warm lighting to show how they're barely visible. The other two are with flash, last one being zoomed in.
Thank you in advanced for any info. and help!

Edit: I was aware of the solutions posted on the staining thread but completely forgot I could post there oiasjdoiajsd
I can't delete the thread, but if a mod would like I'll be more than happy to post on that thread instead!

normal_lighting.png

20230502_180424.jpg

20230502_181412.jpg

Edited by Hazukami
Forgot I could post in the stain thread, if needed please delete my post!

mukyuu

I had similar dots on my dolls before, idk what causes them but few things that I usually do (in order until one of them works)

- a damp cloth

- magic eraser (wet)

- magic eraser (dry)

- DD rescue cream (isolate the entire face with saran wrap first so it doesn't get on the faceup)

I hope you're able to clean it! Such minor details bother me a lot personally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Xiongmao

Towa got some black dots on her hands in 2021. I'm not sure if they were the result of our beach photo shoot, or insect excrement, or splashes of red wine (lol).

I cleaned them off using teen (human not doll) acne creme.

More recently I cleared Kirika's Most Horrible Dollfie Stain Ever using acne creme and a LOT of heat (i.e. put her bust on a heater, played Fortnite, forgot about her bust on the heater). Kirika's stain went in a hour. You have to be VERY aggressive with the heat. Vinyl doesn't melt until around 200C.

My results:

spacer.png

Edited by Xiongmao
  • Like 3

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

flora

Glad I found this thread. I tried oxy10 and I didn't have the results I wanted but I didn't try heat along with the cream. Is a heat gun a good idea if held far enough away or should I just use a blow dryer? 

mukyuu
6 hours ago, flora said:

Glad I found this thread. I tried oxy10 and I didn't have the results I wanted but I didn't try heat along with the cream. Is a heat gun a good idea if held far enough away or should I just use a blow dryer? 

As long as it is on a body part and not near a faceup I think heat gun is okay. I would check periodically to make sure it's not too hot.

baldylox
15 hours ago, flora said:

The heat is what activates the benzoyl peroxide in the Oxy10.  DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN!  The safest way to add heat is a small lamp positioned about 6 inches away from the vinyl.  Too much heat will cause damage to the vinyl and not enough will cause the cream not to work.  I've got 2 desktop lamps I bought from Walmart that do not use LED bulbs that work really well for this treatment.  They've never caused damage and the stains always come out.  It may take a few treatments to get the stains completely gone but it's time well spent since you know your doll will be safe.

As mentioned before, even with a lamp you want to check on the vinyl every few hours just to make sure it's not getting too hot.  Once the cream dries then wipe it off with a damp washcloth and then wipe the entire part ( leg, hand, bust etc. ) with a wet Magic Eraser to clean the entire area.  If there are stains still visable then repeat the process until the stains are gone.  Sometimes it only take a couple of treatments, other times it'll take weeks.  It all depends on how big, dark and deep those spots are.

Good luck!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.