Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
HouraiFuno

Hi, total newbie here

HouraiFuno

Hi everyone, just call me fumo. I'm total newbie here, ive been interested in these.. anime dolls??(sorry, i dont know what to call them) for a while i would see on pinterest but could never find what they're called or anything about them, i dont even have a doll since i dont have the funds right now.  The only thing i really know is this thing called dollbot. So hopefully i can learn more about them here and maybe get to know some people.

Thats all, again hi everyone, i hope we get along

• Like 2

HouraiFuno

I also just realized there's a typo on my name.. how do i fix that

Tigger

Welcome Fumo! ^-^ 

There are many different types, the ones I have are dollfie dreams from a company called Volks "international". 

I'm sure many here will tell you of their doll type they love! 😺 I also have a few Fumo's ^^ lol 

• Like 1

HouraiFuno
15 minutes ago, Tigger said:

Welcome Fumo! ^-^ 

There are many different types, the ones I have are dollfie dreams from a company called Volks "international". 

I'm sure many here will tell you of their doll type they love! 😺 I also have a few Fumo's ^^ lol 

Thanks!!

I checked dollfie, they look really cute!!

Theres also a lot of miku🫡

Edited by HouraiFuno
Forgot miku

Tigger

The dollfie dreams "DD" are made of vinyl and generally an anime style, then there are super dollfies "SD" that are resin and different in style. I'm no expert on resin ones though. ^^; There are other companies too that produce similar vinyl or resin dolls. 

• Like 1

HouraiFuno
1 hour ago, Tigger said:

The dollfie dreams "DD" are made of vinyl and generally an anime style, then there are super dollfies "SD" that are resin and different in style. I'm no expert on resin ones though. ^^; There are other companies too that produce similar vinyl or resin dolls. 

Ohh i see

So that's what people meant by DD and stuff, i was thinking it was like measurements for the dolls

Thanks!

Btw are there any other resources i could use?

Tigger

There seems to be lots of info going back many years in Dollfie dream questions & Answers section.

• Like 1

Stupid_Hoomun

Welcome.

I think you're already in one of the best places to learn about the different dolls. Each major manufacture has a sub section right here on the forum. I started with a Smart Doll (SmD) and then started buying DD's. I find a great place to look for pre owned dolls and doll related items is a Japanese site called Mandarake. They have a lot of Volks dolls and outfits.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Welcome. I've watched anime for years but it was only 2.5 years ago I bought my first anime doll.

I went for a Dollfie Dream because I wanted a Miku doll and Volks do a lot of Mikus. My first DD wasn't Miku because I eventually went for a much cheaper standard model, then bought some outfits so she could cosplay as her favourite characters.

I have a lot more DD now but the cosplay thing has kind of stuck. Here's a couple of mine cosplaying as Clannad characters.

DD are not cheap but they are very high quality and tend to retain their value just in case you find the hobby is not for you. DD have the advantage over SmD in that it's generally easier to replace their parts.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.