The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

plasticyears

Anyone ever used waterslide decals on a DD?

plasticyears

Has anyone ever used waterslide decals to apply printed designs to a vinyl doll? I've seen a few hobbyists use them (or something similar) for the designs within resin eyes, but I'm considering trying to use them as part of the doll's actual faceup, the kind with no pre-cut eye holes. Similar to below: 

spacer.png

Of course, you can paint them yourself or use premade decals, but I'm curious about this idea because I think it'd be fun to draw my own designs digitally and print them for use. If anyone has actually done it or has seen a doll customised like this, please share! 

BeyondTime

Volks provides decals with a few dolls like the Vocaloids, and Belldandy's goddess marks were decals. Bell is a resin though. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

chantelle

I have never tried it myself but iirc Parabox also sells decals for their smaller dolls and has a tutorial on it!

• Like 1

plasticyears
2 hours ago, chantelle said:

I have never tried it myself but iirc Parabox also sells decals for their smaller dolls and has a tutorial on it!

I have seen the Parabox decals, it's mainly this method of making your own I'm currently interested in! :)

• Like 1

chantelle
1 hour ago, plasticyears said:

I have seen the Parabox decals, it's mainly this method of making your own I'm currently interested in! :)

Oh I see! That sounds really cool, I hope you can figure it out 😄 Best of luck!
Iirc you can make decals by printing designs on special paper, not sure where to get it though or if you need a special printer for that 

• Like 1