Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

chantelle
44 minutes ago, MonochromaticNocturne said:

Popping in with a (hopefully) quick question: Do either of the 1/4 girl (Mimi and Chubby) bodies fit MDD clothes?

Yes! Shirts, skirts, and dresses should work the best. MDD shoes also fit the Mimi body! Socks are more circumstantial, depends on length (shorter socks shouldn’t be an issue on Mimi body but longer ones migjt)

• Like 2

MonochromaticNocturne
23 minutes ago, chantelle said:

Yes! Shirts, skirts, and dresses should work the best. MDD shoes also fit the Mimi body! Socks are more circumstantial, depends on length (shorter socks shouldn’t be an issue on Mimi body but longer ones migjt)

Thank you! I bought a really cute CodeNoir set for an AP girl but it's a tight fit (even though it claims to fit them). Looks like I have a girl on the Mimi body in my future~

• Like 1

Giragira
9 hours ago, CreationOdyssey said:

Oh where did you find the Maru head? I’ve been searching for another one

I had some Aliexpress coupons and I wanted to try out the legitimacy of the Hi-me shop. It's reselling the dolls, but what I received was still legit doll. I would guess it's because they are so naturally cheap if you buy them directly on taobao. I saw some others had tried it before and I wanted to see if it still held true.

I had to buy the head and then buy the body, I don't think there was an option for a full Maru on its own.

If you want to buy from them I'd reccomend only sticking to the Imomodolls, the rest of their stock looks very sus. I'll send some pictures of the boxes just in case, on the left is the one I got from Jane's Dolland on the right is the Aliexpress and so is the small one.

20240331_172059.jpg

20240331_172157.jpg

• Like 1

takatsuki

Whoo hoo, I’m finally able to join this thread as I just ordered a 1/4 boy from Jane’s. I’ve been wanting/dreaming of a 1/4 vinyl boy for years, and when Immomo announced theirs, I knew I HAD to get one. The only downside is now isn’t the best time for a new doll, as I’m currently in the process of moving and all of my dolls and their stuff is packed away. The poor boy won’t have anything! Guess I will have to keep him wrapped in a towel and in a drawer so house buyers won’t have to see an eyeless, wig-less, naked doll. Though I suppose I could buy him some eyes and a wig as I need to anyway, but the outfit is definitely packed away in a box for now (and I can’t get to it, lol).

• Like 2

honooko
Posted (edited)

Susumi's wig came in so I put her and her sister in matching-ish dresses!

spacer.png

Left is my chocolate Toppa, Kiki, and right is my semi-white Toppi, Susu! Kiki is a garden fairy, Susu is a rain fairy (you can't see it well because I haven't trimmed it yet but her wig is an octopus cut that falls really cutely) and will have her own wings soon! I also dipped her fingers in silver glitter but I think it was too chunky so I got a finer glitter to try. Not sure how to get the UV resin off her hands though... (EDIT: Turns out it comes off super easy, I literally peeled it off with my extremely weak fingernails with no issue!) and Kiki got proper hand bling too!

spacer.png

Edited by honooko
  • Like 6

blisseycake
On 4/2/2024 at 4:22 AM, honooko said:

Aww, these two are so adorable, and I love the fairy theme! I was wondering though if you also had the same experience where the tan skin poses better than the semi-white?

• Like 1

honooko
9 hours ago, blisseycake said:

Aww, these two are so adorable, and I love the fairy theme! I was wondering though if you also had the same experience where the tan skin poses better than the semi-white?

Yeah, I was one of the first people to mention the difference. Kiki (chocolate) is pretty solid and sturdy, the ony issue she has is her left leg falling off, but it's an easy fix. Susu (semi-white) just feels kind of flimsier? Her calves spun around really badly, so I put hot glue on the underside of her thigh and the top of her knee so there was something to catch against and stop moving. Her right leg is longer, and her wrists have worse gapping. I get that the imomodolls are cheap and that makes a difference, but it's so weird that two v. 1 bodies are so different.

• Like 1

blisseycake
11 hours ago, honooko said:

Yeah, I was one of the first people to mention the difference. Kiki (chocolate) is pretty solid and sturdy, the ony issue she has is her left leg falling off, but it's an easy fix. Susu (semi-white) just feels kind of flimsier? Her calves spun around really badly, so I put hot glue on the underside of her thigh and the top of her knee so there was something to catch against and stop moving. Her right leg is longer, and her wrists have worse gapping. I get that the imomodolls are cheap and that makes a difference, but it's so weird that two v. 1 bodies are so different.

Ahh, thanks for the details! Imomo is one of the few companies with a readily available MDD-sized boy, but my really bad experience with the 1/4 Mimi girl body (semi-white) put me off on getting another Imomodoll. Now I'm considering getting a tan body if people generally find it better.

memo96

Today I passed by the market and a stall selling barbies etc caught my eye. There were some handmade dresses for like £2. It fits (almost) perfectly for her as a maxi dress :D I imagine if I gave her some sandals and a straw hat it could make some adorable outfit! Also wanted to see how she would look with blonde hair but this wig needs styling. 1/6 imomo are so cute I need more 

spacer.png

• Like 6

honooko
10 hours ago, blisseycake said:

Ahh, thanks for the details! Imomo is one of the few companies with a readily available MDD-sized boy, but my really bad experience with the 1/4 Mimi girl body (semi-white) put me off on getting another Imomodoll. Now I'm considering getting a tan body if people generally find it better.

Both my girls are 1/6, so they use a different skeleton from the 1/4 girls; I'm not sure about the quality of the 1/4s. 😔

MoiBakaDesu
15 hours ago, blisseycake said:

I have a milk skin boy and the leg skeleton works a little bit different than for their other 1/4 bodies, there is no problem with the shin and knee just moving around freely anymore. I also didn't experience any other loose limbs problems with mine yet.

• Like 4

Giragira
On 4/2/2024 at 5:22 AM, honooko said:

spacer.png

Left is my chocolate Toppa, Kiki, and right is my semi-white Toppi, Susu! Kiki is a garden fairy, Susu is a rain fairy (you can't see it well because I haven't trimmed it yet but her wig is an octopus cut that falls really cutely) and will have her own wings soon! I also dipped her fingers in silver glitter but I think it was too chunky so I got a finer glitter to try. Not sure how to get the UV resin off her hands though... (EDIT: Turns out it comes off super easy, I literally peeled it off with my extremely weak fingernails with no issue!) and Kiki got proper hand bling too!

spacer.png

They're so cute! They both have little gemstone eyes it really make me think of the my little ponies of the 80s. Do you have plans for a third fairy?

Also Susumi's wig looks so soft and shiny it really looks like rain!

• Like 1

Giragira

My face ups are almost finished I think. I wiped my first one on England (Milk imomo skin) since I wanted him to look grumpy. Spain (chocolate imomo skin) has gone smoother but gosh painting an open mouth was a pain! Still this has been great fun and wonderful learning experience. Pretty good for first and second attempts on face ups I think.

20240409_142318.jpg

20240404_053223.jpg

• Like 8

Lucybean

I just purchased my first two imomodolls, and first dolls ever!!! ✧⁠\⁠(⁠>⁠o⁠<⁠)⁠ノ⁠✧ They are the 1/6 chubby ones.... But I have a couple questions! For one, what materials work best for a vinyl face up on these cuties, and do you use a specific sealant? And my other question was if staining is a big issue, could washing or soaking the clothes in water help reduce staining? And what bodysuit would fit these little ones the best? I've tried researching but haven't found much haha (⁠・⁠–⁠・⁠;⁠)⁠ゞ

• Like 1

Lucybean

To add to this I also am looking at pastels and light colored clothing if that helps? No black clothing or dark clothing.

MoiBakaDesu
7 hours ago, Lucybean said:

I just purchased my first two imomodolls, and first dolls ever!!! ✧⁠\⁠(⁠>⁠o⁠<⁠)⁠ノ⁠✧ They are the 1/6 chubby ones.... But I have a couple questions! For one, what materials work best for a vinyl face up on these cuties, and do you use a specific sealant? And my other question was if staining is a big issue, could washing or soaking the clothes in water help reduce staining? And what bodysuit would fit these little ones the best? I've tried researching but haven't found much haha (⁠・⁠–⁠・⁠;⁠)⁠ゞ

My go to are Vallejo acrylic paints (I think my thinner is from a brand called Golden?) and Tamiya pastels, but you can also use any not oil-based pastels technically. The universally agreed best sealant is Mister Super Clear UF-cut flat in matte, but be very careful with safety, only ever use it with a proper respirator and in a well ventilated space. Your lungs will thank you, it is highly toxic stuff.

I use Tinyfox 1/6 scale bodysuits for my little Imomos, and they fit pretty much perfectly. Washing dark fabrics with some hand soap can help gettin rid of some pigmentations, but it is not a surefire way to protect against staining, so when in doubt a bodysuit is never a wrong choice.

• Like 2

Lucybean
3 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

My go to are Vallejo acrylic paints (I think my thinner is from a brand called Golden?) and Tamiya pastels, but you can also use any not oil-based pastels technically. The universally agreed best sealant is Mister Super Clear UF-cut flat in matte, but be very careful with safety, only ever use it with a proper respirator and in a well ventilated space. Your lungs will thank you, it is highly toxic stuff.

I use Tinyfox 1/6 scale bodysuits for my little Imomos, and they fit pretty much perfectly. Washing dark fabrics with some hand soap can help gettin rid of some pigmentations, but it is not a surefire way to protect against staining, so when in doubt a bodysuit is never a wrong choice.

Thank you so much! I was confused about what sealant would be the go-to for face ups! As I recall you are supposed to seal before and after your faceup correct? 

Also thank you for the bodysuit recommendation! I just want to keep them safe since I'm kind of invested in these now financially and emotionally hehe ╰⁠(⁠⸝⁠⸝⁠⸝⁠´⁠꒳⁠`⁠⸝⁠⸝⁠⸝⁠)⁠╯

MoiBakaDesu
2 hours ago, Lucybean said:

Thank you so much! I was confused about what sealant would be the go-to for face ups! As I recall you are supposed to seal before and after your faceup correct? 

Also thank you for the bodysuit recommendation! I just want to keep them safe since I'm kind of invested in these now financially and emotionally hehe ╰⁠(⁠⸝⁠⸝⁠⸝⁠´⁠꒳⁠`⁠⸝⁠⸝⁠⸝⁠)⁠╯

Correct, the "foundation" layer makes it so that your color stick better to the surface of the vinyl, and the layers afterwards are of course to seal. I always put down layers between various steps of the faceup, this makes it easier to correct mistakes without wiping away all your previous progress.

• Like 1

Lucybean
9 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

Correct, the "foundation" layer makes it so that your color stick better to the surface of the vinyl, and the layers afterwards are of course to seal. I always put down layers between various steps of the faceup, this makes it easier to correct mistakes without wiping away all your previous progress.

Alright thank you for the clarification!!!! I'm so very excited for my dolls to arrive and to try my hand at this! \⁠(⁠^⁠o⁠^⁠)⁠/