Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

amijules

There's a bunch of scattered convos about different Imomodoll cuties around, so I thought it might be good to have a dedicated discussion thread for all of them! A good spot to share photos, excitement about orders, ask questions, discuss new releases, and post wisdom (the famous 1/6 leggy pop-off comes to mind, lol). Please feel free to show off your dolls! @onion8@

• Like 2

Veravey

Yay, thank you for starting one finally! I had a feeling someone would soon. <3

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

amijules

My pleasure! I've been so tempted by the 1/6th cuties especially, I have an anime-style resin girl from FJX/Dividing Line and I think she could use some company! But then my 1/4 Tinyfox girl could also use some company... and that's my dilemma 😂😭 I came thiiiiiiis close to ordering some on NCS the other night, but I spent some money more responsibly instead so I think I'll just have to wait, lol.

• Like 1

amijules

Payday means dollday... @onion17@ I got some of the 1/6th blind boxes, two in each skintone! Two are for me, and two for a friend so we can enjoy customizing them together!

• Like 1

chantelle
24 minutes ago, desudesudesu said:

Does anyone know how azone 45 bodies's heads fit onto the imomodoll bodies?

I dont own AZT8-45 or imomodoll so this is all based on observations from photos:

Looks like based on the image you sent that it sits a little lower than on the original body but it looks very cute!

From what I have seen, Dollfie Dream heads sit pretty low on the imomodoll body but I wonder if that is fixable with using tape on the neck peg.

AwkwardMango

Pictures of the 75cm boy head, also looks like Jane is offering a deposit for the 75cm body on her store and she says they will be released in July.

008ccSdgly1heqxhdpjcoj31530pjac0.jpg.1c836c2f66a8206d986e8c88b730a6ed.jpg

008ccSdgly1heqxhe8jpzj31530pjgn2.jpg.94ea11a635b3cc415d6b999b762c2371.jpg

Also some more pictures of the 1/4 Nun sisters, last two pics are from a dealer on taobao. 

008ccSdgly1hepmwiappoj30wg1coafl.jpg.167c9e0136dd0572b6d7ce801a593a61.jpg

288965877_Screenshot(13).png.00bc7eedde5a2de6bf341cf1cd8090c9.png

577397132_Screenshot(15).png.1b1d8b3d3e91f9b891cd856d6fe252f2.png

• Like 3

chantelle

Is it just me or is Luna just Miko? Like as in they are the same head sculpt. Did Imomodoll rename her or is there some difference I can’t notice?

Otherwise, the nun set is really pretty. I already ordered a blank Miko so I won’t opt for her, and the outfit is much too adult for what I have planned, but I kinda wish I had the shoes. They don’t look like theyre pleather so that would be nice. The tan skin is also really lovely so I’m super excited to get my Miko!

MoiBakaDesu
1 hour ago, chantelle said:

Is it just me or is Luna just Miko? Like as in they are the same head sculpt. Did Imomodoll rename her or is there some difference I can’t notice?

Otherwise, the nun set is really pretty. I already ordered a blank Miko so I won’t opt for her, and the outfit is much too adult for what I have planned, but I kinda wish I had the shoes. They don’t look like theyre pleather so that would be nice. The tan skin is also really lovely so I’m super excited to get my Miko!

I think Luna and Sola are just the names of the nuns for the fullsets, similar like the fullsets for the chubby body also have their own names.

• Thanks 2

chantelle
31 minutes ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

I think Luna and Sola are just the names of the nuns for the fullsets, similar like the fullsets for the chubby body also have their own names.

Thank you for explaining, that makes sense! 😄 

amijules

I saw Jane's preorder deposit, but are there any actual photos of the body itself out yet? Putting down money completely sight-unseen is a little risky, I wouldn't know until a few payments in if I even liked it.

• Like 3

0bsequi0us

I would highly dissuade people from jumping on any new Imomodoll projects super early, like before actual product photos exist. 😬 We know from their past 2 vinyl releases (1/6 and 1/4) that the first run tends to have some major engineering/quality/design issues that subsequent releases are usually able to fix or at least remedy.

Especially considering that 75cm is unusually large for vinyl dolls... I would be very concerned that they're gonna fumble the skeleton in the first round.

• Like 4

cinnabunroll

I went and bought myself not just the Toppa and Toppi 1/6 girls in tan, but I decided to go a step FURTHER and buy the 1/4 chubby body with the Miko sculpt (both in tan), as well as hand sets for each of them because Janes Dolland put them up for an extended preorder.

I have absolutely no idea what size eyes they take or how to buy them clothes, BUT I OWN EM NOW :) They'll be here by August, hopefully alongside my Uzuki.

• Like 1

cinnabunroll
30 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I would highly dissuade people from jumping on any new Imomodoll projects super early, like before actual product photos exist. 😬 

Ngl your video on the 1/4 body was informative enough that I think I can figure out how to futz them into being better.

MoiBakaDesu

I'm not a fan of the inflated prices I've seen from the non-taobao resellers, so yeah, I will wait until the preorders go up on taobao.

Speaking of prices, do we already know for what the 68cm body will go from Imomo directly?

8 hours ago, cinnabunroll said:

I have absolutely no idea what size eyes they take or how to buy them clothes, BUT I OWN EM NOW :) They'll be here by August, hopefully alongside my Uzuki.

At least for the chubby 1/4 I'd say looking for kumako sized clothes should be a very safe bet!

And speaking of clothing, I just now ordered some bodysuits as well, can't forget about the essentials. Found one on taobao that is also fitting for the more bottom-heavy sweeties.

jiuzheng
On 6/11/2023 at 7:22 AM, cinnabunroll said:

I went and bought myself not just the Toppa and Toppi 1/6 girls in tan, but I decided to go a step FURTHER and buy the 1/4 chubby body with the Miko sculpt (both in tan), as well as hand sets for each of them because Janes Dolland put them up for an extended preorder.

If you want to wear pants, kumako is a good choice. But Kumako-sized pants would be too short for imomo.

If it is a skirt, an ordinary 1/4 skirt with a relatively loose chest and shoulders can be worn by imomo (but the buttons or zippers at the back may not be closed)

I think I can post some pictures about my imomo body with clothes and give u more options……

• Thanks 1

MoiBakaDesu

Oh, I wasn't aware that the chubby imomo has longer legs than kumako, good thing that all the pants I am getting so far are shorts.

• Like 1

amijules

Judging by their proportions, it looks like they might fit Glitter Girls clothes; I have chunky/plus-size OT resin dolls that can fit their leggings and most shirts. If anything, you can try 1/3 scale capri leggings instead. This method also works with 1/3 shorts and jeans etc if you have some around, but if you're buying new stretchier tends to be safer!

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu

I'm btw very curious how the caramel skin of the canis head will look in person.

From the little color map I've seen it looks hard to judge, but I hope it's somewhat close to DD flesh color. That would be perfect for my purposes, because I usually get my duo of boys in semi-white and flesh, or the options closest to that.

amijules

My 1/6th kiddos have shipped from Superbuy! I didn't realize choosing "Optimal" service would mean they'd just pick EMS, lmfao, so my total for shipping was actually a few dollars more than for all the dolls themselves @onion3@ Well, at least they'll be here soon...

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu

I caved in and ordered myself two of the 1/6 ones as well, just can't say no with that price and them being so cute ... I also dig the slight height difference with tinyfox. Looks like they are already on the way to the pandabuy warehouse as well.

According to them the 1/4 body and the ruby heads from the squirrel twins release should also get shipped out soon, I'm excited. Hopefully some of the quality issues are already fixed with these ones.

• Like 1

AwkwardMango

Full preview of the 75cm boy body @onion26@

Spoiler

008ccSdgly1hf06eiqx35j316u1s9tar.jpg.0313783253d864520ee2736a29f510f2.jpg

• Like 6

Jezrah

Looks good so far. I wonder if he'll be slimmer than normal like the Smartdoll guys, or if he'll be able to fill out an existing clothing size, like maybe SD17.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

cinnabunroll
12 hours ago, AwkwardMango said:

Hide contents

I am in LOVE

luckyk
13 hours ago, AwkwardMango said:

Reveal hidden contents

Looks great! I'm sure this will be a popular Dollfie hybrid. I've never been interested in obtaining a male Dollfie but I'm super happy for everyone that it's (hopefully) getting easier from now on.

Edited by luckyk
typo
  • Like 1