Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Griff

Thigh Joint Replacement

Griff

Hey everyone, 

So today I discovered that my Miku dollfie's right thigh joint had snapped in half. With AX right around the corner, I'm trying to find a quick solution to get her back in decent shape and was wondering if any sites might have a replacement piece available? 

Pic related, it's the snapped joint and the piece that came off it. 

Her body is the DDIII body, by the way, that's probably very necessary because I don't want to get a part and find it doesn't fit, (though who does?)

Much appreciated! Thanks! 20230603_181025.jpg.81d6a154be2e6f704839537f8c81ec6c.jpg

Oculae

Maybe you could do a quick repair with some superglue and a zip tie, like how people repair cracked Obitsu arm sockets? That might buy you some time to find a replacement.

• Like 2

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Griff
1 minute ago, Oculae said:

Maybe you could do a quick repair with some superglue and a zip tie, like how people repair cracked Obitsu arm sockets? That might buy you some time to find a replacement.

Currently the plan atm. I was going to use Testors plastic cement. A zip tie, though, hmm. That I didn't think of. 

finnleo

Zipties are a long running favorite among MDD1 owners and their main torso tubes, but im not sure how much space there was in the thigh for one.

But in addition to zipties, you could also try adding the coolcats reinforcement ring (though, measure which one you need). that could help keep the end from splitting apart again. But shipping might be more than the parts themselves, and probably will take time to arrive.

• Like 2

Griff
9 hours ago, finnleo said:

Zipties are a long running favorite among MDD1 owners and their main torso tubes, but im not sure how much space there was in the thigh for one.

But in addition to zipties, you could also try adding the coolcats reinforcement ring (though, measure which one you need). that could help keep the end from splitting apart again. But shipping might be more than the parts themselves, and probably will take time to arrive.

That's a good investment probably. But is there a chance this piece can be replaced altogether or am I just outta luck in regards to this? 

finnleo
2 hours ago, Griff said:

But is there a chance this piece can be replaced altogether or am I just outta luck in regards to this?

The internal frame bits are not sold separately (like obitsu does... which creates annoyance towards Volks) and come with the vinyl shell pieces, and currently the DD3 thighs are sold out due to the body being discontinued both on Volks usa, and int.

The F3 thigh bits are uncompatible, since the hole diameter on the new bits is smaller.

As a possible substitute, Volks int still has older DDS and DDy3 thighs up in semiwhite. Im assuming the DDy3 frame bits are the same, the DDS bits look the same as far as I can see from the hole in the thigh (Dont yet have the summer temps to try wrestling them out for a 100% answer but I did try DDS legs on a DD body and they worked), but the DDS bits might be cut down a little where they go into the knea joint like the shins are. but all you need is the hip joint which should be just in place with screws.

But ultimately with this option you are paying extra for shell pieces you might not need.

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

Griff

Update: Started the process of gluing it. It'll be a couple hours before it's dried and I'm kinda worried the plastic cement won't hold. Anxieties, I guess. I struggled to actually get the joint out so I had to carefully place it within the thigh piece itself. Reassembling everything and hoping it all works out. 

Wish me luck!

Griff

Update:

Good news!

On 6/4/2023 at 12:44 AM, Oculae said:

I tried this out and she's managing so far without much issue! Had to be super careful but the zipties I'm using were small enough to fit in.

Everything slid into place nicely, and she's dressed up again. 

Thanks so much to both of you for your help!

• Like 1