Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Orpheus

Best head for Mizuki?

Orpheus

Hi everyone! A dream project of mine is to create a doll of Mizuki from Project Sekai but I’m having a really hard time deciding on a head sculpt. What do you think would work best?spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png1ldxve.jpeg

chantelle

Imo, I think DDS Karin’s sculpt would be really nice for this character! She has big angular eyes and a cute smile. It is more of a “cat” smile so if you aren’t into that but like the rest of the face, I guess you could sand it?

If you don’t like Karin’s sculpt maybe the DDH-09?

cluffy

i second chantelle's karin suggestion!! i also think dds anastasia or ranko could work if you're considering limited sculpts at all... they both have that slender face/pointed chin & similarly shaped eye holes!

MrFjmg03

For the standard heads I think DDH-09 would be a good fit for the character with a good custom face up.

But in my opinion the one that looks a lot like that character is Dollfie dream choice head DDH-23. You will need a proxy to get the doll. They don’t sell the heads on their own…. I think. I’m not sure.

Standard DDH-09 head

Edited by MrFjmg03

chantelle

Dch-23 is so beautiful! I haven’t seen many owner photos of it but I hope it can become more popular someday.

Speaking of Dream choice, DDH-14 seems like it’d also work pretty well for Mizuki since it has the big angular eyes and smile!

Edited by chantelle

Maia

I think a ddh-07 could work! It’s a standard head and it has angular eyes and a pointy chin but it might be a bit too mature for mizuki. Nice to see another project sekai fan!

Tira

I think Karin would be a great match sculpt-wise. The kitty mouth smile is totally appropriate for Mizuki. The downside is that it's only available in NS/Flesh, whereas Mizuki looks more like SWS to me. 

I'd say DDH-09 is the best match of the standard heads. DDH-14 is probably the best match overall, but is limited to Dream Choice. DDH-07 and DDH-16 could also work, but feel a little too mature to me. This Dream Choice Guide is a good source for pictures of the sculpts with different face-ups and skin tones.

I think Miku's sculpt could also work, but it would be a lot harder to find.

Orpheus

I do like the Karin sculpt a lot but the body I have set aside for them is SWS so it wouldn’t work. I should have mentioned that before, I’m sorry. I do feel like I’ve narrowed my choices down a bit so thank you everyone!