Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AliceDoll

Maydoll Lemon Cats

AliceDoll

Is there a thread already for this super cute doll? I'm having the hardest time finding more information about this company! 

spacer.png

I mean how cute are these bodies???! Spoiler below for doll nudity. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

I saw a video on YT and they seem to be super sturdy -- and the chubby legs I just can't get over them! I really like the animal form too!! 

I saw on their weibo that they are also coming out with a boy body?? https://weibo.com/n/Maydoll-五月人形?tabtype=album

How can we go about ordering these cuties? Where can we find them now? Only second hand? T-T 

I've only found links to them in two places -- neither which I've ever heard of the website: AnubisDolls & SpaceStudio? 

Does anyone actually have these?? I'd love to learn more! 

• Like 1

Kissamaagi

I've also seen them on social media sometimes and absolutely love them! Those chubby legs and toe beans on hands are so precious! 😭💕

Wish I knew where to get those, I hope another preorder or something would come.

• Like 1

Gallye

Judging by the body image, these are strung resin dolls, not vinyl dolls with an internal skeleton! Den of Angels would be the place to discuss these (or the off-topic forum over here) but they don't seem to be over there yet. Which is a pity, because they are pretty cute little boogers. :)

• Like 1

0bsequi0us

I have 2 of these! 1 human body, 1 cat body. I adore them, they're super cute and pose really well. I can confirm that they're resin strung dolls, tho, like Kumako!

I got mine directly from their taobao shop using an agent. They sell their dolls only during specific ordering periods, so right now secondhand is the only option. But it looks like they are planning a second release of Lemon Cat with a slightly updated body, so you will likely have another opportunity to get your hands on one soon!

• Thanks 4

AliceDoll
14 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I have 2 of these! 1 human body, 1 cat body. I adore them, they're super cute and pose really well. I can confirm that they're resin strung dolls, tho, like Kumako!

I got mine directly from their taobao shop using an agent. They sell their dolls only during specific ordering periods, so right now secondhand is the only option. But it looks like they are planning a second release of Lemon Cat with a slightly updated body, so you will likely have another opportunity to get your hands on one soon!

Oops! So much as changed haha -- resin dolls didn't look like this so many years ago!! She's so cute I can hardly stand it! I'll have to go make a thread on DOA. And that's great to know about Kumako too!! I guess that explains the price point also haha. 

May I ask when you placed an order -- what shopping agent did you use? And what was the ordering period like? About how long did it take for your doll to arrive?

I think I am going to try and go for when the orders open up!! IDK if I can live with out her! T_T SO CUTE! 

RozenGermain

I kinda want one too hehe! Would be cute for a specific idea I have in mind!

1 hour ago, AliceDoll said:

Oops! So much as changed haha -- resin dolls didn't look like this so many years ago!! She's so cute I can hardly stand it! I'll have to go make a thread on DOA. And that's great to know about Kumako too!! I guess that explains the price point also haha.

Also, you can blame Kumako for that! Those cuties became so popular in East Asia that several companies released dolls clearly inspired by them! These Lemon Cats especially give off the Kumako vibe more than any other sculpt due to the cat body though!

Edited by RozenGermain
Wanted to add something about Kumako.

0bsequi0us
1 hour ago, AliceDoll said:

May I ask when you placed an order -- what shopping agent did you use? And what was the ordering period like? About how long did it take for your doll to arrive?

I used Superbuy! It's the only one I've ever used, though, so there might be better ones out there for all I know. It's generally really good though, imo.

As for ordering period... BJD artists do things a little differently on taobao. Most of the time doll preorders use a two-payment system. So you pay a deposit (which is usually half of the price or slightly less than half) at the time of the preorder, then when the doll is ready you pay the rest. I paid my deposit on 6/10/22, and paid the final payment on 10/24/22... so I guess about 4 months, give or take? Pretty standard from my experience with resin preorders 😙

• Like 1

AliceDoll
54 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I used Superbuy! It's the only one I've ever used, though, so there might be better ones out there for all I know. It's generally really good though, imo.

As for ordering period... BJD artists do things a little differently on taobao. Most of the time doll preorders use a two-payment system. So you pay a deposit (which is usually half of the price or slightly less than half) at the time of the preorder, then when the doll is ready you pay the rest. I paid my deposit on 6/10/22, and paid the final payment on 10/24/22... so I guess about 4 months, give or take? Pretty standard from my experience with resin preorders 😙

Oh I'm so glad you've responded!! Thank you so so so much! This was just what I was needing to hear. I've been looking at and trying to figure all this out and SuperBuy was the proxy I've been looking at! 

I'm going to give it a go as soon as I get word that it opens!!! Super excited!! 

AliceDoll
On 8/1/2023 at 2:28 AM, 0bsequi0us said:

@AliceDoll Hey just so you know the preorder actually opened today, and looks like it's open until the end of the month!

Here's some links to their taobao listings:

Full Doll (human version)

Full Doll (cat version)

Single Head

Body

Omg thank you!!!!!  I’m so grateful! 

im trying to decide now if it would be easier/most economical to go through either Janes dolland or superbuy.

you used superbuy right? May I ask if that’s okay if you remember about what you ended up spending total? 

0bsequi0us
4 hours ago, AliceDoll said:

you used superbuy right? May I ask if that’s okay if you remember about what you ended up spending total? 

According to my purchase history for just the human version of the doll I ended up spending about $186 before shipping? Though that was like a year ago so it may have been cheaper then (+conversion rates are different etc etc)

I will warn that Superbuy has pretty gnarly shipping for larger boxes, so It's likely you'd have to pay $60-70 at a minimum just to ship them internationally. Idk how Jane's is about shipping...

• Thanks 1

AliceDoll
50 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

According to my purchase history for just the human version of the doll I ended up spending about $186 before shipping? Though that was like a year ago so it may have been cheaper then (+conversion rates are different etc etc)

I will warn that Superbuy has pretty gnarly shipping for larger boxes, so It's likely you'd have to pay $60-70 at a minimum just to ship them internationally. Idk how Jane's is about shipping...

oh yeah hmmmm @_@ I guess I'd need to see kinda and figure out what makes the most sense. Jane's asking like 360$ per doll (head + body) (before shipping) but I'm not sure if that includes shipping to her? 

Astraea
4 hours ago, AliceDoll said:

I'm not sure if that includes shipping to her? 

I've ordered from her, her prices don't include shipping I believe - she uses USPS priority mail which I think got handed off to EMS services when it got to my country. It was about 50USD I think. You can check the shipping cost if you put stuff in your cart and put a location in the pre-checkout screen

AliceDoll

I think I decided to go through superbuy -- but I'm stuck between this one section "segmentation" -- I tried looking up between the two, but they translate to exactly the same thing even though there are a few different characters? T_T

人体分段体
人体整段体

Does anyone have any idea what this means? This is for the Human body version! 

0bsequi0us
2 hours ago, AliceDoll said:

I think I decided to go through superbuy -- but I'm stuck between this one section "segmentation" -- I tried looking up between the two, but they translate to exactly the same thing even though there are a few different characters? T_T

人体分段体
人体整段体

Does anyone have any idea what this means? This is for the Human body version! 

I believe it means if you want a 2 part torso or a single piece torso.

When I run it through my translator it shows the top one as "Human Body segment" and the bottom one as "whole body"... I take that to mean that "人体分段体" is the 2 part torso option and "人体整段体" is the single piece torso option.

AliceDoll
7 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I believe it means if you want a 2 part torso or a single piece torso.

When I run it through my translator it shows the top one as "Human Body segment" and the bottom one as "whole body"... I take that to mean that "人体分段体" is the 2 part torso option and "人体整段体" is the single piece torso option.

omgosh that makes SO much more sense!! T_T Thank you!!! This was driving me crazy!! 

• Like 1

pyoko
On 7/21/2023 at 5:02 AM, 0bsequi0us said:

Can I ask which resin colors your girls are in? I am torn between the tan and the peach. 

I think peach is supposed to be close to mdd semi white? And I see quite different looks for the tan on Instagram (probably lots of different lighting). 

Do they have intense seamlines? 

0bsequi0us
4 minutes ago, pyoko said:

Can I ask which resin colors your girls are in? I am torn between the tan and the peach. 

I think peach is supposed to be close to mdd semi white? And I see quite different looks for the tan on Instagram (probably lots of different lighting). 

Do they have intense seamlines? 

The last preorder the colors were named differently, I got mine in a color that was actually called "Semi white". I'm guessing it's probably the same as the pink color they're offering now though, since it was a very standard "normal pink" color. 😗

They don't have any seamlines at all, I've actually never ever gotten a Chinese BJD with seamlines of any kind. I get the impression they're sort of a thing of the past, especially in the Chinese market.

• Like 1

pyoko
1 hour ago, 0bsequi0us said:

The last preorder the colors were named differently, I got mine in a color that was actually called "Semi white". I'm guessing it's probably the same as the pink color they're offering now though, since it was a very standard "normal pink" color. 😗

They don't have any seamlines at all, I've actually never ever gotten a Chinese BJD with seamlines of any kind. I get the impression they're sort of a thing of the past, especially in the Chinese market.

Thank you for the reply. I think I will ask about the color match to make sure. 

My Ringdolls are also all without seams, I think they sand them down. However I have several bjd that still have seamlines and are from the last years. Korean companies seem to care less I think. (Soom comes into my mind, they have more intense seamlines) 

pyoko

According to newcloversinging the peach is a color match with mdd semi white. 

I wonder if I should get 2 or 3 piece torso. Can anyone recommend one over the other? 

0bsequi0us

I ended up caving and buying another male body 🙈 I just love the ones I already have and I have a lot of floating heads that could use it. I'm justifying buying a dupe because this run is technically slightly tweaked and therefore different lol

@pyoko it really depends on whether you value aesthetics or posing more, and whether you plan on dressing her in skimpier outfits that might show the chest joint. One of the few changes that was made since the last run is that the chest joint was modified to be more natural/less harsh when engaged:

chestj.jpeg.8b01fe584b37f0a00f3a85084b4c08ee.jpeg

(left is the old, right is the new)
I always get the jointed torsos personally since I like my dolls to be able to slouch. But some people find the chest joint to be really ugly/offputting, so the one-piece torso would suit them better.

MoiBakaDesu

Man, I would love to get one of these, because one of my MDD boys still needs a body to hybrid, but I sort of locked myself in having to get another DF-H chubby body, wirh one of them using that, because the size diff would be off otherwise and it would bother me. 😔

I will look respectfully at other people's lemoncat boys instead.

RozenGermain

I just bought a boy body in the end..... I had a floating head that needed something lol.

AliceDoll

Does anyone have an in-person photo or non-stock photo of the tan skin? 👀

0bsequi0us
15 minutes ago, AliceDoll said:

Does anyone have an in-person photo or non-stock photo of the tan skin? 👀

I found these owner photos on Xianyu (Xianyu is a Chinese secondhand sales app, I think these are active listings?) and though they're definitely from the last preorder they still might give some insight:

maytan.jpg.6014ce8af14871b52fe984f3f08b7618.jpgmaytan1.jpg.b16e839af115a70791cb111505335fdd.jpg

They were from two separate listings and (I believe) 2 separate sellers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2