Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

dolloramore

DDDY Outfits?

dolloramore

Hi everyone!
I'm looking for some pretty and detailled outfits that will fit a DDDY body! Sadly for me I'm struggling to find DDDY size clothing or mostly find casual clothes 🤧

Here's some exemples of what I'm looking for:

Spoiler

mug158_01.jpg.fe1cf869ed9041486ef5a9f0d8c0a41b.jpg

M+V Studio

2_shop1_211732.jpg.39fc3e7ff415ecc3ba9cd4ea778cbf3a.jpg

Purple Dream

sadol.jpg.594c83cdb615d5982ace89b515626925.jpg

Sadol

Is there other brands/sites that offer this type of outfits?

ragnamuffin

Does M+V Studio not ship outside Asia anymore? That picture you linked is an outfit available in DDdy size. In fact, I’m pretty sure you can choose the size/tell them to make it in DDdy size and they will adjust pretty much all of their offerings for you.

https://mvstudio.booth.pm/items/3353266

dolloramore
49 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Does M+V Studio not ship outside Asia anymore? That picture you linked is an outfit available in DDdy size. In fact, I’m pretty sure you can choose the size/tell them to make it in DDdy size and they will adjust pretty much all of their offerings for you.

https://mvstudio.booth.pm/items/3353266

Yes I can order from them no problem, I just showed this outfit because I'm looking for more brands/sites that will do DDdy outfits similiar to these! So far I've only found M+V Studio, Purple dream and Sadol but maybe someone here has other recommendations I don't know of?

Xiongmao

Hello Cool Cat used to do some really awesome elaborate DDdy lingerie sets but they've mostly sold out.

I was surprised to find this Volks Tenshin-no-Koromo outfit fits a DDdy. It could be a good basis for an Alice style outfit.

spacer.png

The Escalayer school outfit is also a potential starting point for some interesting outfits...

spacer.png

I quite like this Prayer Sister set too. I don't know which version it is as we never received the original packaging, but it is by Volks.

spacer.png

Another option is to get SD outfits. These fit DDdy beautifully but just be aware they can potentially stain bad because they're designed for resin dolls (which don't stain). Here's Towa in SDGr Mytyl's outfit. Towa is pretty much identical in size to a SDGr.

spacer.png

Towa and Mytyl. Towa is wearing a SD designer outfit I found on Mandarake. Towa looks stunning in this outfit irl - the red skirt is huge and very heavy.

spacer.png

Some AliExpress outfits will fit a DDdy - this is DDS Kizuna but the outfit also fit Towa. The quality is meh but it's an option if you like doll cosplay fashions.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, puxlavoix said:

Everything's sold out, too bad cause there are several id buy in a heartbeat. I wonder if they do restocking at some point. 

I hope so because I really like one of their carry bags that’s sold out…

• Like 1

dolloramore

@ragnamuffin @Tierparkzone thank you both for suggesting DollHearts! they have gorgeous outfits that i'm definetly putting on my list 🥰

10 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Another option is to get SD outfits. These fit DDdy beautifully but just be aware they can potentially stain bad because they're designed for resin dolls (which don't stain). Here's Towa in SDGr Mytyl's outfit. Towa is pretty much identical in size to a SDGr.

Thank you for all your suggestions, I checked out Cool cat and Volks sites so far and found some nice things!

When you recommend using SD outfits is it Smart Doll or Super Dollfie (or both could work lmao)?

BeyondTime
17 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Hello Cool Cat used to do some really awesome elaborate DDdy lingerie sets but they've mostly sold out.

TC Doll does lingerie sets that are pretty decent, but the only thing I don't like is the garter belts tend to be velcro instead of hook. Garter belts are under too much tension for that to work well.

17 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Towa is pretty much identical in size to a SDGr.

6 hours ago, digiv1ce said:

When you recommend using SD outfits is it Smart Doll or Super Dollfie (or both could work lmao)?

In this case SDGr refers to a model of Super Dollfie, although SDGr is closer to DD in size. The height is similar to DD/DDDy, but the hips are a lot narrower than DDDy and the chest is more like a DD M-Bust.

Usually Volks lists SD16 outfits as synonymous with DDDy, but it can be a mixed bag imo. SD16 are much taller than DD, but the hips and chest on SD16 are closer to DDDy.

What can be a bit misleading with SDGr is that a lot of SD16 outfits also call out SDGr as a fit, but imo SD16 are just too much larger and the shoulders are much broader. It depends on the clothing though. I don't believe you could get SDGr sized pants on a DDDy, but a skirt could be ok depending on style.

All SD have a thicker waistline than the corresponding DD. You can see the waistline to hip size here, but the skirt Bell is wearing wouldn't work on DDDy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao

Bell is really cute. That was one of the very first anime I watched. I rented it in the days when you had to wait for DVDs to arrive in the post, and they would frequently send you the wrong ones.

Back on topic I forgot to mention there are quite a lot of DDdy outfits from the old days. Volks used to release quite a lot more DDdy dolls in the old days. For a while Towa was almost the only DDdy in town, but then Yor Forger came along. I so hope they release another DDdy or three, because they made so few of Yor.

The old outfits surface on Mandarake and Yahoo Japan Auctions/Mercari via Buyee.

I'll try and dress SD Mytyl in some more of our anime outfits some time to see what will fit. It's a bit hazardous dressing her because she has a joint in her ribs and is always flopping over when I'm trying to dress her up.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

MichelleAK

Alice's Collections shows a lot of outfits for multiple Dollfie Dream sizes, including DDdy. I haven't bought outfits from them (and it's been awhile since I've bought anything from them), so can't vouch for the quality, but they seem reasonably priced.  Website at Alice's Collections.  Direct link to Dollfie Dream outfits is Alice's Collections Dollfie Dream outfits. Maybe someone here has more recent experience with buying from them.

• Thanks 1

puxlavoix
10 hours ago, MichelleAK said:

Alice's Collections shows a lot of outfits for multiple Dollfie Dream sizes, including DDdy. I haven't bought outfits from them (and it's been awhile since I've bought anything from them), so can't vouch for the quality, but they seem reasonably priced.  Website at Alice's Collections.  Direct link to Dollfie Dream outfits is Alice's Collections Dollfie Dream outfits. Maybe someone here has more recent experience with buying from them.

From personal experience these are the main issues with Alice's clothes I've had in the past:

- All their colored items stain, only ones that don't are white ones. The white is an off color by the way.

- The sizes don't fit like they should and it varies from identical items. Its a hit or miss on this department.

- lots of lose fiber strands here and there. Overlapping stitches and fabric. 

- Sets don't match the perfect looks of their page which understandably are made perfect in order to sell. Colors not as bright, fabrics have different perceived quality, the fit is different, different quality for short.

- Not necessarily a con but like many stores they will begin manufacturing the items on your order only after you place it so it'll take a few weeks before it ships.

- Shoes are ok! 

I don't have pictures or the items themselves mainly because after the initial need was met i honesty just dumped them to the trash or gave them away. In my opinion Alice's are cheap low quality entry level clothes that are not worth the price (usually expensive for what it is tbh), nor the time it takes for you to get it to receive it. 

Now I understand many of us are usually on a budget and it could work on some occasions or for large collections where quality clothing for the girls not the main goal but looking at what you're set on for your DDdy there are far better options in all departments.

Hope it helps!

Edited by puxlavoix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

MichelleAK

Thanks for the information, @puxlavoix ! Good to know, since I've been tempted in the past by some of their outfits.  

• Like 1

Xiongmao

I've bought a few outfits from AliExpress, but to be honest they should all go in the trash. I don't know if Alices Collections is related, but the styles seem similar.

To be honest the best outfits are on Yahoo Japan Auctions and to a lesser extent Mandarake. I have bought some amazing gems on YJA. The only issues I've really had is that some outfits can themselves get stained if they're stored long term in Japan's climate. Also I've had the odd button fall of, and shoes generally don't last so well as the rest of the outfit.

Anna-neko
23 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

I don't know if Alices Collections is related, but the styles seem similar.

correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Alice's Collection just a collective reseller, similar to how From-Sen resells certain Taobao brands, or SophieToyParadise on Etsy does?

Gallye

Yes, that's right. Alice's Collections carries clothes from many different designers, some of whom are definitely of better quality than others. The clothes specifically listed for Dollfie Dream are all by MU Studio, for example.

They also carry Stacy's Pink Ocean, which... used to be considered of good quality many years ago? I don't know if they still are - or maybe their quality has remained consistant but the quality of available BJD clothing around them has improved.

• Thanks 1