Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
DollBound

Hello everyone ^,^

DollBound

I've never been great with these kinds of things but I'll give it a go.  I am a doll collector currently living in Florida soon to be moving back to Nebraska.  I have 3 Vinyl 1/3 sized girls, a vinyl 1/4 size girl and a Resin 1/4 sized boy.

I'll get a picture of them all together at some point, but here is a picture of my favorite, her name is Luna and she is a Smart Doll Destiny.

spacer.png

• Like 7

DollBound

This is Athena in Tea skin.  She usually sports a Lavender wig similar to Luna, but is borrowing the wig that belongs to Al'uara.  Al'u is off getting a custom face up but will soon be back.

spacer.png

• Like 4

dolloramore

Hi and welcome! Your dolls are so pretty and so are their names, can't wait for you to share your whole doll family's pictures 😊

Lasonda

Hewoo! It's cool to see moar smart dolls here! Smart dolls are actually what got me into this hobby back in 2017, but I was in highschool then and could never justify buying something like that at the time. The discontinuation and some times never releasing of my favouites, like the Chitose Aniversary Edition led me to eventually picking up Ellie here from angel philia instead.

spacer.png

My point though is, that despite not owning any, I'll always have a soft spot for smart dolls for getting me into this money pit of a hobby!

Looking foreward to seeing more of your dolls here! (*^▽^)/★*☆♪

• Like 2

sunlightandtea

Aww I love your dolls! I used to have an Athena and I have such a soft spot for her faceup, and Destiny too. I love how expressive she is. Welcome!

Gwandak

Welcome! It's good to see you here! :classic_biggrin: This is a pretty great community with a lot of good people. You can find help with almost anything vinyl doll here.

DollBound
6 hours ago, digiv1ce said:

Hi and welcome! Your dolls are so pretty and so are their names, can't wait for you to share your whole doll family's pictures 😊

Thank you ^,^ I wont be taking that pic for a bit yet as my one girl is headless right now 😆

DollBound
4 hours ago, Lasonda said:

Hewoo! It's cool to see moar smart dolls here! Smart dolls are actually what got me into this hobby back in 2017, but I was in highschool then and could never justify buying something like that at the time. The discontinuation and some times never releasing of my favouites, like the Chitose Aniversary Edition led me to eventually picking up Ellie here from angel philia instead.

spacer.png

My point though is, that despite not owning any, I'll always have a soft spot for smart dolls for getting me into this money pit of a hobby!

Looking foreward to seeing more of your dolls here! (*^▽^)/★*☆♪

Before Smartdoll I had Obitsu's the 60cm ones.  There is not wrong way to doll ^,^ your girl is cute.  I look forward to posting more of my dolls here.

• Like 1

DollBound
1 hour ago, sunlightandtea said:

Aww I love your dolls! I used to have an Athena and I have such a soft spot for her faceup, and Destiny too. I love how expressive she is. Welcome!

Destiny is my favorite face, I'm not so much into Athena.  Blue girl is Moment who I will post about once she gets back.  She is being customized for me because I need a blue girl in my life.  I need the new girl coming out with the pear shaped body... cause representation ya know? 😁

• Like 1

Stupid_Hoomun

Welcome. Smart dolls are what first got me into the doll collecting hobby. My first was cinnamon Chitose Multi who arrived back in January 2021. I'm up to 13 dolls now, a selection of 7 Dollfies and 5 Smart Dolls. I got Athena in a recent drop and searched high and low to get my blue Anomaly earlier this year. In the last 2 weeks I have been super lucky and grabbed a tea Chitose Shirasawa and a milk Felicity.

DollBound
8 minutes ago, Stupid_Hoomun said:

Welcome. Smart dolls are what first got me into the doll collecting hobby. My first was cinnamon Chitose Multi who arrived back in January 2021. I'm up to 13 dolls now, a selection of 7 Dollfies and 5 Smart Dolls. I got Athena in a recent drop and searched high and low to get my blue Anomaly earlier this year. In the last 2 weeks I have been super lucky and grabbed a tea Chitose Shirasawa and a milk Felicity.

I've been collecting since 2005-ish.  I remember when Danny's idea for smart dolls were that they were electronic and controlled with a phone...  so long ago 😭

I'm at 3 Smarties one resin and one Azone but due to moving soon-isg that's changing 😅

sunlightandtea
On 8/15/2023 at 10:38 AM, DollBound said:

Destiny is my favorite face, I'm not so much into Athena.  Blue girl is Moment who I will post about once she gets back.  She is being customized for me because I need a blue girl in my life.  I need the new girl coming out with the pear shaped body... cause representation ya know? 😁

That’s fair, I think we all have our favorite smart doll girlies. ( ´ ▽ ` ) I just love that sculpt a lot. I’d consider getting a Smartdoll again if there was more to buy in that sculpt! 

Yes, I am also interested in the pear bodies. Especially with the sculpts I’ve seen coming out. The variety is really neat to see! 

DollBound
1 minute ago, sunlightandtea said:

That’s fair, I think we all have our favorite smart doll girlies. ( ´ ▽ ` ) I just love that sculpt a lot. I’d consider getting a Smartdoll again if there was more to buy in that sculpt! 

Yes, I am also interested in the pear bodies. Especially with the sculpts I’ve seen coming out. The variety is really neat to see! 

Which sculpt is the one that you love a lot?  I mentioned 3 so I'm not 100% sure which you were talking about I think it's Destiny but could be any one 😅

sunlightandtea
7 minutes ago, DollBound said:

Which sculpt is the one that you love a lot?  I mentioned 3 so I'm not 100% sure which you were talking about I think it's Destiny but could be any one 😅

All of those are the same sculpt actually! They’re the F6! It’s a very versatile head. But as far as faceup goes Kizuna/Athena/Majesty is my favorite. Destiny is a very close second!  

Edited by sunlightandtea

DollBound
1 minute ago, sunlightandtea said:

All of those are the same sculpt actually! They’re the F6! But as far as faceup goes Kizuna/Athena/Majesty is my favorite. Destiny is a very close second!  

Hmm I know Destiny and Moment were similar I didn't realize Athena was as side by side they dont look similar even when they are both in the same wig.  I have 2 purple wigs but one is off with the blue head to color match the face makeup.  I'm excited to get the head back... ugh I cant even explain how excited I am.

I'm glad you like Destiny as a close 2nd.  She is my favorite at one time I had like.. I was to say.. 3 of her.  I sold 2 of them and some how ended up with Athena who I dont love, at least not the way I do my Destiny.

I cant wait to take one of the girls to the haunted house with me hehehe.. so much fun to be had soon..  I do enjoy taking the girls on trips to do fun things and sometimes we scare people 🤣

Xiongmao

Welcome. Smart Dolls (via Danny Choo) kind of brought me into the hobby but I wanted a Miku and realised they were DD. I also discovered the UK had a DD store which made acquiring my first much more convenient. I've stayed with the Volks brand ever since (although I also have some many Azones).

Group photos are always nice but my Towa (centre in chocolate mint dress) thinks co-ordinating everybodys' diaries for another group photo would be impossible now. Here's my gang circa February. Remember they always want more sisters.

As for me, I can imagine going to a doll museum and thinking, meh, I have a better collection at home 😂.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

DollBound
On 8/18/2023 at 11:20 AM, Xiongmao said:

Welcome. Smart Dolls (via Danny Choo) kind of brought me into the hobby but I wanted a Miku and realised they were DD. I also discovered the UK had a DD store which made acquiring my first much more convenient. I've stayed with the Volks brand ever since (although I also have some many Azones).

Group photos are always nice but my Towa (centre in chocolate mint dress) thinks co-ordinating everybodys' diaries for another group photo would be impossible now. Here's my gang circa February. Remember they always want more sisters.

As for me, I can imagine going to a doll museum and thinking, meh, I have a better collection at home 😂.

spacer.png

I love your little family that you have going on.  They are all sweet looking and at some point I hope that I can have some variety in mine.

• Like 1