Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
TheVeilsCurse

Brand new to the Hobby, Hello all!

TheVeilsCurse

Hello! I go by Veils or Akuma online!

I've been really interested in BJD's for years now and fell even more in love with them after holding a SmartDoll at an Anime Convention. I finally treated myself to a Dollfie Dream over the weekend and can't wait to dive into the hobby! I'm really looking forward to customizing her, taking lots of pictures, conversing with all of you and going to IRL meet ups!

• Like 11

Sarah

Congratulations on your new SmartDoll! Looking forward to your pictures of her! Welcome! :)

battrastard

Congrats on your first Kiddo! 

Just remember, if you only want to have one, for the time being, don't feed them after Midnight, or they'll pester you for others to come home and keep them company!

(but, that might happen anyways, especially if you don't pay them much attention. They thrive on it.) 

Enjoy having a new addition! Definitely post plenty of pics, we all love seeing the new Kiddos! 

Rick

• Haha 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Rajke

Welcome to the forums 

@onion12@

Dollfie’s and Smartdoll are both great choices. We do like photo’s around here. @onion9@

Reading your text I do have one question. You hold a Smartdoll, loved it and then buying a Dollfie. I am curious what caused the switch of brands. 
@onion6@

Seeya around,

Rajke 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

roro_robot

Welcome and congrats on your first doll! I can relate to seeing and holding one in real life really convincing me to finally get a doll of my own 😆 I hope you have a great time with her <3

• Like 1

dolloramore

Congrats on your first doll and welcome! Looking forward to some pictures of your new doll 😊

TheVeilsCurse
13 hours ago, Rajke said:

Welcome to the forums 

@onion12@

Dollfie’s and Smartdoll are both great choices. We do like photo’s around here. @onion9@

Reading your text I do have one question. You hold a Smartdoll, loved it and then buying a Dollfie. I am curious what caused the switch of brands. 
@onion6@

Seeya around,

Rajke 

All of the accounts I've followed on social media have been predominantly Dollfie Dreams by chance and the specific SmartDoll I wanted wasn't available when I was ready to buy so I ended up with a DD.

I'd love to share photos of my doll! I took some pictures of her around the house but, this site doesn't like my imgur links?

• Like 1

PolitelyNefarious

Yes. Good. Treat yourself- it's a good time to get into the hobby when it's on your mind.

Welcome aboard, Veils! Congratulations on your new girl! Who is she? How are you planning to style her?

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, TheVeilsCurse said:

the specific SmartDoll I wanted wasn't available when I was ready to buy so I ended up with a DD.

SmartDolls are nice, but one big advantage to DDs is the ready availability of replacement parts if you need them. There are increasing options for clothing for SmartDolls, but Volks dolls still have an edge given how long SuperDollfie have been around, and SD13/SDGr/DD, MSD/MDD clothing sizes are readily available from a lot of makers. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Rajke
8 hours ago, TheVeilsCurse said:

All of the accounts I've followed on social media have been predominantly Dollfie Dreams by chance and the specific SmartDoll I wanted wasn't available when I was ready to buy so I ended up with a DD.

I'd love to share photos of my doll! I took some pictures of her around the house but, this site doesn't like my imgur links?

Never used Imgur because I had problems with posting the links on MFC. The issue was caused because Imgur put the site on a blacklist. Same could have been happened with DollDreaming. Tinypic works great for temporary photo’s and Flickr isn’t bad either. Also after posting 20 or 30 (one of the two) you can upload photo’s here on Dolldreaming itself. Works in my opinion the best. 

I also first discovered Dollfie on the socials. The complicated way of ordering let me order Smartdoll first instead. Mainly because the Smartdoll website is by far more user friendly. 

I love both brands. Both are great with photographing. 

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Welcome. I originally wanted a SmartDoll as I was a regular reader of Danny's blog back when he was "just" a blogger. But I really wanted a Miku doll, and that lead me to discovering Dollfie Dreams.

Eventually I went with standard model Towa, as she was significantly cheaper than the character models and at the time the UK Dollfie friends store didn't have any Mikus.

I like that Dollfies are easily repairable, although the SmartDoll stands are cool.

Anyway welcome to the hobby and remember they always want sisters (and brothers). My hallway now has better exhibits than my local doll museum 😂.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

TheVeilsCurse
6 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Welcome. I originally wanted a SmartDoll as I was a regular reader of Danny's blog back when he was "just" a blogger. But I really wanted a Miku doll, and that lead me to discovering Dollfie Dreams.

Eventually I went with standard model Towa, as she was significantly cheaper than the character models and at the time the UK Dollfie friends store didn't have any Mikus.

I like that Dollfies are easily repairable, although the SmartDoll stands are cool.

Anyway welcome to the hobby and remember they always want sisters (and brothers). My hallway now has better exhibits than my local doll museum 😂.

Danny himself let me hold the SmartDoll that I saw at the convention and took a photo!

Speaking of photos, I'm unable to add pictures to my posts regardless of where I host the image? I have a "Dollfie Dream Mirai (DD-f3)" that's still listed on Volk's website. I would like to customize her to my preferences. My favorite colors are Black, Red and Purple and unsurprisingly, a number of my favorite characters that will be influences share those colors. For those of you into anime, Sailor Mars, Homura(Madoka Magica) and Rinko Shirokane(Bang Dream) are those influences. I'd like hip length Black hair, a Red headband, glasses and skirt, a Black top of some sort, stockings, and purple accessories like a cute purse. That's what I envision for her. Later on I can always get her a friend! My next one will be Maki Nishikino(looks at avatar) and Princess Yona inspired.

Edited by TheVeilsCurse
Formatting repair

Rajke

Reading your wishes for customising I think that you really want a Chitose or Kanata headsculpt at some point.

Years ago I encountered this photo of a person who made a Maki custom. No idea it is inspiring but I think it’s nice to share this one.

spacer.png

Credits: romax 

TheVeilsCurse
On 8/30/2023 at 5:49 AM, Rajke said:

Reading your wishes for customising I think that you really want a Chitose or Kanata headsculpt at some point.

Years ago I encountered this photo of a person who made a Maki custom. No idea it is inspiring but I think it’s nice to share this one.

spacer.png

Credits: romax 

I'm in love with her already!

Rajke
7 hours ago, TheVeilsCurse said:

I'm in love with her already!

She is a Chitose milk skintone with the purple Smart Doll eyes that were used for Infinity an Moonlight. The wig and outfit are a mystery for me.