Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
luckyk

Welcoming Chamomile!

luckyk

Hi, all! Recently I posted about a 2012 Magical Ruby head I bought from Mandarake. At the time I didn't have the fun-money to get her a body, but a month and some change later, she is floating no more! Meet Chamomile.

cammy1.png.d78ffa8f6909d1305a1296a4bca7584f.png

She's on a DDS body in fleshtone. Since her head is from 2012, there's a faint color disparity, but I was pleasantly surprised by just how faint it is. 

cammy2.png.915262b7c88e58db45de4483c3d21ed8.png

Here she is next to her DD roommate, Leita. The height difference isn't that noticeable here but it's pretty cute. She really does look like a little sister. However, Cammy made it clear from the jump that she was a practical dresser and did not do frills. So I raided my SD boy's wardrobe to find a suitable (if charmingly baggy) outfit for her. 

She's a bit of a loner and a big nerd, so I have some tortoiseshell glasses from a Chinese store on the way for her. I'm also considering getting her some World's Smallest Transformers down the line. She's had a hard journey here from Osaka, so she deserves to relax with corrected eyesight and robot husbandos. 

I hope you all will continue to follow the adventures of these gorgeous girls!

• Like 7

ragnamuffin

Congrats on completing Chamomile! She’s really pretty. I have the 2011 pre-painted DDH-06 option head in semi-white, but I’ve always been curious about the Magical Ruby head. Would love to see more pics of her if you’re open to sharing more!

Edited by ragnamuffin

luckyk
1 hour ago, ragnamuffin said:

Congrats on completing Camomile! She’s really pretty. I have the 2011 pre-painted DDH-06 option head in semi-white, but I’ve always been curious about the Magical Ruby head. Would love to see more pics of her if you’re open to sharing more!

Thanks for the interest! I don't mind taking more photos of the head and giving some more info. However the sun has gone down where I live and all the pretty afternoon light from the previous photos is gone, so bedroom lighting it is... (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞ 

0937B904-9BEF-4096-8DD8-2B24AA5597EB.jpeg.09390d75b3115be74914c3f9dbbc752c.jpeg

Closeup of her faceup with the bangs pulled back. She has blush on her cheeks and pink eyeshadow. She also has a nude gloss on her lips.

E7A16454-28BA-4B81-9460-341DE8F17C53.jpeg.96f8da13e6002a1e40b6865bdcf89224.jpeg

Closeup of her stock eyes. These are an original design that AFAIK have never been resold anywhere else. They look a bit like a cross between Animetic type-F and type-V. They have a slight purple/wine tone to them but are still clearly red. They were secured into the head by Volks with hot glue, which is still doing its job!

6F2CF448-F36C-441B-814B-C3DE0A18A5D2.jpeg.2edc09a9c9890c23b7d6caf97581a977.jpeg

Attempting (and probably failing) to show the color difference between her brand new body and the head. It's pretty subtle in real life but shows up even less in photos - basically, she's slightly yellowed with a more greenish undertone than the rich red undertones of brand-new Fleshtone, but it's hard to even notice without looking for it. For an 11-year-old head, her color has actually held up extremely well. 

I got her from this Manda listing if anyone is interested. There are currently no Volks prepainted heads in stock on Manda right now. I pretty much exclusively use the search term メイク済みヘッド (Make-up head) to find these heads when they pop up.

Edited by luckyk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, luckyk said:

Closeup of her faceup with the bangs pulled back. She has blush on her cheeks and pink eyeshadow. She also has a nude gloss on her lips.

Thanks for indulging my curiosity! Her eyes are gorgeous 😍

It’s so interesting how small differences in the faceup can completely change the way the head looks! For comparison, here’s how the 2011 pre-painted head in semi-white (which is equivalent to Dream Choice DDH-06 M01) looks:

IMG_7974

The eyebrows are thicker and farther apart than the Magical Ruby head, and the eyelids are much closer to the lashes. Interestingly, this version of the head doesn’t have ridges above the eye, and has fewer lashes both above and below the eye. It’s hard to tell from the lighting, but the cheeks and lips are blushed pink, and the lips are outlined in red.

IMG_7976

I couldn’t get the camera to focus on the eye properly, but here’s a closeup. Unlike the Magical Ruby head, this one only has one lash on the bottom and a few on top. These are White Dolly Story eyes in Aquamarine that I got separately, as this version of the head doesn’t come with eyes.

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 1

luckyk

@ragnamuffin, I like her! It is a really cute faceup and a much different look to Ruby. It's interesting that there's overlap between the prepainteds and DC - I didn't know that was the case. M03 is a little similar to Ruby, but they haven't reused her yet, likely since she's an Afterschool character. I do wish they would rerelease the head for new owners, though. 

It also seems that 07 M02 is the same as my 2015 magazine 07, Leita. Neat! She has more sisters out there than I thought. 

I need to stop looking at DC heads before I start to want one. The new 27 head is so so cute omg her little kitty mouth

Edited by luckyk
  • Haha 1

MonochromaticNocturne

Congrats on completing her, what a cutie! I second indulging her want for little robot husbands, lol

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, luckyk said:

The new 27 head is so so cute omg her little kitty mouth

I recently saw some tan 27 heads (M01 and M02) in person and can confirm they are adorable. It made me want one of my own 😅

luckyk

Cammy is settling in well. Her glasses arrived! I went to the store today and picked her up some little props. 

E9792FF5-2BF5-4F00-8B5C-2A2D1E964D3A.jpeg.8ffd40ca0bd49fd470793eea2014f770.jpeg

This ushanka is from Walmart's My Life As line for American Girl-sized dolls, but it's a cute oversize fit on a Dollfie. Plus it's only $3! One neat thing is that it doesn't squish down the wig like Dollfie sized hats tend to. I think this hat would look especially cute on a Mini wrapped up in winter gear. It has little sheep ears! 

6E95C8B4-E8BB-44D2-B21C-981C303F5A69.jpeg.a2e77cc545603a958b1a58fb57595d14.jpeg

Here she is with some World's Smallest blind box toys. I'm impressed by the print quality on the mini comic, and the box details for the figures are cute. These were $6 each and came with one toy and one comic.

Edited by luckyk
  • Like 7