Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
condogenate

Hello, everybody!

condogenate

Hello hello! I'm Squid. I've been a doll collector for many, many years; dabbling mostly in Dollfie Dreams—although there was a year or two somewhere where I focused more on Super Dollfies. My particular draw into the hobby is the photography aspect, as I unfortunately don't really have any skill in customization. Though I don't believe I'm any good at that either, haha. I've used many different DSLRs and Mirrorless cameras over the years, but now I can no longer support heavy camera bodies with my hands for too long and rely mainly on my iPhone camera.

(Which sucks, because I always hated the iPhone camera compared to the quality of DSLR/Mirrorless ones, but alas.)

Um. I'm not very good at talking about myself, so I may just end this here. I'm a long-time doll collector and photographer who doesn't really show up on the doll collecting scene, and has the worst luck at Volks lotteries. I mean, at Dolpa Nagoya 8, I was in G group. I didn't even know there was one! Talk about bad luck with lotteries.

Bye bye, everybody! I hope you'll enjoy having me here. 🙂

(One more thing to note before I go, though: yes, I do have a penchant for Kyojuro Rengoku. That much is obvious.)

• Like 8

Rajke

Yokoso to the forums.

@onion12@

We have a saying we’re I came from about cameras. The best one is the one you have with you.
and knowing how it works.

@onion6@

Photographing dolls is also an art form. It takes as much skills and effort as other creative disciplines. Do you have some photo’s that you want to share? I am curious about your dolls and photo’s.

Seeya around,

Rajke 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

condogenate

I've also heard that you improve faster learning how to make good photos with a lesser camera than immediately jumping into higher-end ones! I feel like my "photography improvement" have really stagnated over the past few years, so hopefully this will help in that area.

I don't have very many current photos I'd like to share, as I'm the obsessive-compulsive type and tend to go through cycles where I try to rearrange everything. But here's the latest! I guess that would be the best example, the latest of my work. Haha!

I don't know how to insert Instagram images, so here's a direct link.

• Like 1

Rajke
9 hours ago, Squid said:

I've also heard that you improve faster learning how to make good photos with a lesser camera than immediately jumping into higher-end ones! I feel like my "photography improvement" have really stagnated over the past few years, so hopefully this will help in that area.

I don't have very many current photos I'd like to share, as I'm the obsessive-compulsive type and tend to go through cycles where I try to rearrange everything. But here's the latest! I guess that would be the best example, the latest of my work. Haha!

I agree, I started with my phone and switched to a more professional one two years ago. And I still use my phone regularly.

@onion9@

I looked into your Instagram and noticed that it is recently made. Your girls are beautiful.

@onion20@

greetz,

Rajke 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Tierparkzone

Welcome to the forum! Always nice to see more people from around Tokyo on here.

Are you planning to attend any of the December conventions (I-Doll, Dollpa)?

On 10/24/2023 at 9:15 AM, Squid said:

My particular draw into the hobby is the photography aspect, as I unfortunately don't really have any skill in customization. Though I don't believe I'm any good at that either, haha.

Unless you aspire to be a professional photographer, you don't have to be "good" at it. - As long as you're having fun taking, editing and/or looking at your photos, you're doing it right. Experience comes from playing around with what you have. And even with more experience, sometimes it takes several crappy photos to arrive at a good one.

condogenate
8 hours ago, Rajke said:

I looked into your Instagram and noticed that it is recently made. Your girls are beautiful.

@onion20@

I’ve had several others over the years, but I tend to delete them due to my dissatisfaction with my photography proficiency. I can be a bit of a perfectionist, haha! Thank you, though! I’m glad you like my girls; hopefully you’ll like my boys as well!

5 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

Welcome to the forum! Always nice to see more people from around Tokyo on here.

Are you planning to attend any of the December conventions (I-Doll, Dollpa)?

I’ve already bought the guidebooks for Dolpa, so I should be going there (barring extenuating circumstances). I really want to hit up I-Doll, but I keep having to miss it every time it comes around so far! Hopefully I’ll have luck attending this time. 🤞

I have a severe case of perfectionism, so sometimes the idea of doing it “just for fun” isn’t easy for me to comprehend. But I just gotta keep that mind, haha.

• Like 2

Tierparkzone
5 hours ago, Squid said:

I really want to hit up I-Doll, but I keep having to miss it every time it comes around so far!

It's spread over two days this time around, so I guess you have double the chance. 😁

I should be able to attend both I-Doll and Dollpa, so if you're up to saying hi while at the venue, let me know.

On 10/25/2023 at 7:10 PM, Squid said:

Where did you get that awesome wig that your Lena is wearing? My Yui is looking for something with a similar style.

condogenate
39 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

It's spread over two days this time around, so I guess you have double the chance. 😁

I should be able to attend both I-Doll and Dollpa, so if you're up to saying hi while at the venue, let me know.

Where did you get that awesome wig that your Lena is wearing? My Yui is looking for something with a similar style.

I am very, very shy and I have never had the opportunity to meet up with anyone in the sh*t-pot town in the middle of nowhere I where used to live, so this will be a new experience for me. But I am interested in making friends in the hobby, so it would be nice to meet up with you. 😁 (I won't be hard to pick out, trust me.)

Also, I need to make an addendum: I apparently did attend I-Doll in July, my partner had to remind me. My memory is beyond terrible, sorry. Haha!

The wig was bought from Tanuki Closet on Booth.pm. They have a lot of great stuff for MDD, but not a lot for DD unfortunately. I did love this wig very much, though!

• Thanks 1

Tierparkzone
18 minutes ago, Squid said:

I am very, very shy and I have never had the opportunity to meet up with anyone in the sh*t-pot town in the middle of nowhere I where used to live, so this will be a new experience for me. But I am interested in making friends in the hobby, so it would be nice to meet up with you. 😁 (I won't be hard to pick out, trust me.)

Understandable! - I only started out with in person meets last year in May, but so far it's been tremendous fun.

If you want to test the waters, you're also welcome to stop by the Zoom Meetup. - Although we haven't seen too many participants recently.

25 minutes ago, Squid said:

The wig was bought from Tanuki Closet on Booth.pm. They have a lot of great stuff for MDD, but not a lot for DD unfortunately. I did love this wig very much, though!

Thank you! - Another nice Booth shop for the bookmarks. I remember seeing their clothes at a con a while ago.

condogenate
10 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

Understandable! - I only started out with in person meets last year in May, but so far it's been tremendous fun.

If you want to test the waters, you're also welcome to stop by the Zoom Meetup. - Although we haven't seen too many participants recently.

I may try the Zoom meetup. I don't know how brave I will be, but it is in consideration. I do get a bit anxious around people, though. 😬 I guess we'll see!

As a side note, I just noticed one of your dolls in your signature has my middle name! Hahaha! 😄

• Like 1

battrastard
16 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

Guilty!! It's been a while since I've been on, Sorry!! 

Things have been fun (heavy sarcasm), the last few months, plus I'm a major procrastinator... 

I'll try to be more active, in the future... 

Edited by battrastard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Tierparkzone
On 10/26/2023 at 8:49 PM, Squid said:

Yui says thank you for the shopping tip. She enjoys her new hairstyle very much.

df45f37c063b888f777ffd76f6b5.jpg

• Like 3

condogenate
On 11/14/2023 at 7:09 PM, Tierparkzone said:

Yui says thank you for the shopping tip. She enjoys her new hairstyle very much.

Oh!!! She's so cute!!! I love the photo!!

• Thanks 1