Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

meteorite

Getting my first doll: Project Hazuki

meteorite

I was able to get an Obitsu 26, two unpainted Parabox "Kay" heads, eyes and wig caps for just $60 shipped! I've designed a character called Hazuki for it.

In the vinyl doll world, I like curvy yet not-too-exaggerated bodies such as AZO2 and Smart Doll. In fact, I even purchased a Smart Doll head only to realize there is no way I can afford a body/wig/eyes for her any time soon. 😧 1/6 dolls are much more wallet and space friendly, and the Obitsu 26cm has a nice hourglass shape ~

I'm going to use this thread to talk about Project Hazuki as I complete the doll.

• Painting the face-up
  • Making her wig
  • Changing the bust from M to L*
  • Sewing outfits

* I'm not sure if you can buy busts for Obitsu26 separately. I hope you can, otherwise she will need an entirely new body...

• Like 3

Tasuke

I too am an OBITSU 26 fan... I Look forward to seeing your Results!!

the 26 was instrumental, in fact, in bringing my late-2000's To Heart Konomi up to date,

originally based, as she was, on the old OBITSU 23;

Spoiler

Konomi_Yuzuhara_JOHN_8.jpg?width=1920&he

Konomi_Yuzuhara_OBITSU_26_12-17-20_1_RES

Konomi_-_10-9-22_5_RESIZE_40.jpg?width=1

01_A1_-_Konomi_-_Nightie_10-20-23_RESIZE

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

meteorite

My Parabox order finally arrived! They didn't give me a tracking code so it was quite a surprise when I got an email saying the package was here. I'm really happy with my doll, even happier than I thought I would be. Glass eyes are very impressive in person even at 1/6 scale.

On 11/9/2023 at 8:49 PM, Tasuke said:

I too am an OBITSU 26 fan... I Look forward to seeing your Results!!

It was actually your posts that helped me decide on OB26! I'm too lazy to upload pictures tho. I'll work out how to do so later. ^_^

meteorite

I've done quite a lot since my previous post in this thread. Hazuki now has various clothes, eyes and a wig. I tried to make a sister for her on the PNM body with a mohair wig too. Click images to see larger versions ^_^

Hazuki

Head - Parabox, Body - Obitsu 26, Eyes - Parabox anime 10mm, Wig - handmade, synthetic fibres.

IMG-20231123-153321-016.jpg

I didn't take as many photographs of Hazuki because I did Yui first. (Originally, their names were the other way around - Hazuki was going to be a redhead - but I changed my mind at the last minute).

I used a sewing pattern from Tirin & Kattren on Etsy to make the dress. It's a little loose around the chest - she's the flat chest version of OB26 - but it fits great otherwise! Making clothes was why I wanted to get a doll in the first place. There are so many fashion styles which I think are adorable but would be impractical for me to wear on most days. And doll clothes are a fantastic way to use up scrap fabric ~

The top of the wig has parts of the scalp visible but you can't tell from the front. This was the second ever wig I created, and the first time I perm-boiled hair. It's close enough to the hairstyle I wanted and wow, she looks so delicate. I'm almost scared to pick her up and pose her. 

Yui

Head & eyes - Parabox, Body - Pureneemo M, Wig - handmade mohair.

Here's some pics of the wig making process.

IMG-20231121-150223-545.jpg

IMG-20231121-161546-636.jpg

IMG-20231122-180638-850.jpg

Clothes in the final picture are also handmade ~ I love making doll clothes even more than I thought I would ~

I actually did this wig twice. The first time around, I attached way too much hair to the cap. After slowly unpicking the stitches and removing the wefts, I redid the wig with less hair (final picture). It still doesn't lie flat, despite having been washed and heat styled, and attempts to force it to lie flat with glue.

I've decided to put a standard Pureneemo head on this body (order placed, coming soon) and keep the Parabox head + wig cap for face up experiments.

Edited by meteorite
Changed image
  • Like 2

meteorite

Hazuki's face up

IMG-20231124-123341-077.jpg

Hazuki is styled after Uzuki Shimamura (the same idol who has a DDS). I've never played a game with Uzuki in it, but I can't deny she looks so sweet!

This is my ~3rd attempt at a face up. My first attempts used acrylic paint as a "sealant" and I hated the result so much I scrubbed it all off. I don't have an appropriate space to use real sealant sprays right now.

I read on the parabox website, however, that it's OK to paint with acrylics directly onto vinyl. So that's what this is. It has room for improvement but it doesn't hurt to look at, at least.

Sorry if I'm posting too often, BTW ^^; I'm not sure what the norms of this forum are yet.

• Like 1

meteorite

Some more pictures I quickly edited.

hazuki1.png
hazuki2.png

• Like 1

meteorite

I didn't bond with Hazuki as well as I hoped, so she has been reincarnated as a young Victorian lady. Meet Adelinde, everyone! Her kind and cheerful personality is unchanged, but I think she matches my vision more now.

IMG-20231212-210823-923.jpgupload pictures to get link

IMG-20231212-211137.jpg

Head, faceup, eyes: Parabox. I chose the Aki head, which feels tiny compared to the anime head (Kay) even though it's only half a wig size down. Also, the eyes were a huge pain to insert in such a limited space!

Body, shoes: Obitsu

Dress, blouse, bonnet: Handmade by me. A human sized version of this outfit would cost $500 from a designer brand or $150 in materials to DIY. Adelinde's thrifty; she didn't even need $20 to dress like a princess!

Socks: Parabox. I was too lazy to make socks 😪

Wig: Dollce (second hand from Mandarake) Needs some smoothing but it's fine for now.

• Like 5

ragnamuffin
3 hours ago, meteorite said:

Meet Adelinde, everyone!

The picture doesn’t seem to show 😢

Edit: Now they’re showing.

Edited by ragnamuffin