The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AliceDoll

Sealing tips for when it’s cold outside?

AliceDoll

I’m looking for some advice on successfully sealing when the weather is cold outside. 

I’m itching to get back to doing face-ups but the weather is dreadfully cold where I am. I’m also unable to spray indoors (I don’t have a spray booth or anything like that).

Are there any tips for sealing successfully during the winter months? 

thank you! 

• Like 1

Kissamaagi

I've used MSC in winter just fine, if the temperature is below zero there will not be moisture in the air to mess with it. You just have to work quite fast or use some gloves you don't mind getting sealant on if it's very cold.

I also saw somewhere someone putting a small basket over the sealed heads outside. Iäve myself never done that, but sounds like a good idea if it's windy. I've myself just put heads on top of a small towel so they aren't directly touching anything dirty.

• Like 1

prettysailorstar
On 1/14/2024 at 5:13 PM, Kissamaagi said:

I've used MSC in winter just fine, if the temperature is below zero there will not be moisture in the air to mess with it. You just have to work quite fast or use some gloves you don't mind getting sealant on if it's very cold.

I also saw somewhere someone putting a small basket over the sealed heads outside. Iäve myself never done that, but sounds like a good idea if it's windy. I've myself just put heads on top of a small towel so they aren't directly touching anything dirty.

I have a question i’m wondering why you have to work fast, how much time should it take? Will the cold mess with it if it takes too long?

Kissamaagi
58 minutes ago, prettysailorstar said:

I have a question i’m wondering why you have to work fast, how much time should it take? Will the cold mess with it if it takes too long?

Ah well it's mainly because your hands will get cold. I usually try to spray a coat in just a few seconds.

I also had a first a bit messed MSC layer in the cold, it ended up kind of foggy looking, but only on a small part of the face. And another face I sprayed at the same time was just fine. I'm not sure if I made the layer too thick, but I'll wipe it in the coming days and try spraying again and see if I have problems.

• Like 1

prettysailorstar
1 hour ago, Kissamaagi said:

Ah well it's mainly because your hands will get cold. I usually try to spray a coat in just a few seconds.

I also had a first a bit messed MSC layer in the cold, it ended up kind of foggy looking, but only on a small part of the face. And another face I sprayed at the same time was just fine. I'm not sure if I made the layer too thick, but I'll wipe it in the coming days and try spraying again and see if I have problems.

I see thanks! I have another question,  i’m a beginner-can i ask how do you wipe it if you mess up?

Kissamaagi
18 hours ago, prettysailorstar said:

I see thanks! I have another question,  i’m a beginner-can i ask how do you wipe it if you mess up?

I use nail polish remover with acetone in it. I think pure acetone or some sort of faceup remover (If I'm not mistaken, Volks sells one?) might be safer, but less accessible. It's good to wash the head with soapy water after using nail polish remover. That's for sealant mistakes or if you want to remove something already sealed.

And if you make a mistake during painting, just water or a melamine sponge should work.

• Like 1

prettysailorstar
On 1/19/2024 at 2:07 PM, Kissamaagi said:

I use nail polish remover with acetone in it. I think pure acetone or some sort of faceup remover (If I'm not mistaken, Volks sells one?) might be safer, but less accessible. It's good to wash the head with soapy water after using nail polish remover. That's for sealant mistakes or if you want to remove something already sealed.

And if you make a mistake during painting, just water or a melamine sponge should work.

Thank you!!

• Like 1