Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

kranberrijam

FFXIV DDS Alphinaud & Alisaie Leveilleur

Xiongmao

My wallet is sighing in relief, as we'll pass on those two. I don't know too much about Final Fantasy, but I am a huge fan of IV's soundtrack. It was the first song I downloaded via Napster back in 2000. It has a nice retro feel and lately I've also been getting into Touhou music.

So Volks seem to like Frieren so much they're going all in on elves.

And yes Frieren only has elf ears unlike Asuna Titania and Kirika Towa Alma. I'm not sure about Kirika but Asuna needed to have regular ears since she's only an elf in the game, not irl.

My Frieren's ears have not yet fallen off. Strangely neither have Pureneemo's Asuna's either, despite just being tacked onto her regular ears with blu-tac.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

asianed

If I were to guess, Square Enix has total control of all media releases concerning their collabs. This happened with 2B, 9S, and Y'shtola. SE communicated the product, time frame, and pricing. Then Volks followed on with their own marketing campaign. 

I suspect we'll follow a similar pattern as Y'shtola. She was announced during a Producer Live Letter during the product showcase section. Shortly after she was available to preorder from the various SE stores. Volks then followed on with their own ordering process. 

As there was not a live letter during FanFest, we will probably have to wait a few weeks before the next one is scheduled. My speculation is that it'll be after the release of patch 6.55 part 2 on Jan 16, as the next PLL will be focused on details for stuff between the patch and the expansion pack release in summer. 

Emil
Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2024 at 8:50 AM, mizya said:

I've never understood why Volks is allergic to making permanent elf ears for their vinyl dolls (because they do have resin dolls with long elf ears)

Unless there's releases I'm not aware of with actual normal elf ears... The Volks resin elf ear sculpts (Fairy heads) had the peg system. Literally an older version of what Frieren got. You can see it on all of the Fairy heads and the optional ear pieces- the head just has holes to insert them. Here's a website showing the optional SD FCS ears (now discontinued), including the elf ears: Neo Angel Den - Volks FCS - SD Boy/Girl FCS - Ears (ningyobingo.com) As far as I'm aware, Irvin and Kaelin used this system as well (considering I've seen them earless on Mandarake from time to time). 

I'm not a fan of the twins personally, although all of my favourites are Lalafell or Au Ra anyway. It would be nice if this was paired with a Shtola rerun, but that seems unlikely. I'm definitely skipping the twins regardless, I honestly find them just as annoying now as they were in ARR lol. Alisaie's sculpt is very nice though, I wonder if they're actually the same head? Either way, her makeup is definitely a step up from the horrors of 2B and 9S default. Maybe Volks has found a better way to do their semi-realistic head paint masks.

Edited by Emil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Tira
12 hours ago, mizya said:

Well, when I say that DDS size is too tall for the twins, I mean it in comparison to DD Y'shtola. In comparison to mine or anyone else's WoL the point would be moot because someone's WoL might be a lalafell, and even a max height lala will still be shorter than the twins. So personally I'm concerned with how the twins look next to Y'shtola, and possible other Scions they might make as dolls in the future. I linked a visualisation that I posted on twitter in my previous post: here. When we look at the game models, the twins' shoulder level is around the halfway point of Y'shtola's upper arms, while Dollfie Dream Sister's shoulders are almost at the same level as a Dollfie Dream's shoulders.

Yeah, I understood when I saw the pictures. I was more commenting on how my impression of their height was off because I forgot that my "personal" frame of reference is smaller than my real-world one. 

Roxanne

I agree that they should have been DDP. As soon as I saw them announced I was hoping they would be but knowing how neglected the body is by Volks I just knew they would be DDS. A shame. They will look really wrong scale-wise if you have them next to Y'shtola. 

Besides that they're gorgeous dolls. A shame of all the pleather on Alisae though. I wish Volks would stop using it knowing it disintegrates into oblivion. But I guess they still rather have accuracy above lasting. 

I really love the twins and would love to bring both home. Which really stresses me. I'm one of those people who can't split twins and I would definitely need to have both. Not sure how I'm going to afford the both of them if they're anything close to Y'shtola's price range, which I'm confident they will be.

My instagram! 

marishade

I do not play this particular FF game, but they are cute. I got Y'shtola without knowing the character because I like her look. The semi-real DDs are so neat to me! I really like the boy, but with both Nier dolls and Y'shtola already at home, not sure I can justify him if he is priced like 2B or Y'shtola. Waiting for info always bites.

Tippetarius

I never thought in my life I would want another doll from Volks my lone DD has always been enough Volk fore me. However if I don't at least get Alphie I will regret it forever. He's my favorite FF14 NPC and what kept me from quitting game back in ARR when I was thinking of giving up on it. 

Due to only doing main story with my S.O who doesn't have a lot of free time for gaming, I'm stuck in Shadow Bringers even though we have both been playing since just about the time HW was starting or about to come out. To make up for not going beyond where my S.O. is in plot, I now have 40 alts. My main few WoLs were me just remaking my favorites of my gaming PCs in yet another MMORPG with yet another back story tweak. As such having long ago shelled their main timeline versions in resin, I technically already have not one, but at least nine WoLs. Needless to say at least a few of those being SD scale will be the right size to hang out with the twins in scale to the size Volks is making them. 

In a perfect world and with luck I'll be able to get both of them, but if not I'm going to at least try for Alphie as again he's my favorite. 💙

• Like 1

catcat

they are absolutely beautiful! i’m still crying over missing out on y’shtola

Kiwi717

I'm so excited for more news about these two! My husband says he'll buy Alisaie which leaves Alphinaud to me! We also just got the two cutest brother/sister kitten pair that we named after the twins so it's destiny!

• Like 3